$100 NL (.5/1)Hero and Villain both have $100Hero: KsKc, Villain limps MP, I raise to $3 one off cutoff, SB and BB fold, Villain calls $3 ($8.50 in the pot)Flop: 4s 10d 4cVillian checks, Hero bets $4, Villian calls ($17.50)Turn: 4hHero bets $10, Villian raises to $40. Pot is 77.50, I have about $80 leftNow what?

The only hand I can put him on that beats you is TT, or a donktastic AA.First of all though, raise to $4 or $5 preflop.Bet way more on the flop.Bet more on the turn.If you played it my way, I push after his raise.- Zach

$100 NL (.5/1)Hero and Villain both have $100Hero: KsKc, Villain limps MP, I raise to $3 one off cutoff, SB and BB fold, Villain calls $3 ($8.50 in the pot)Flop: 4s 10d 4cVillian checks, Hero bets $4, Villian calls ($17.50)Turn: 4hHero bets $10, Villian raises to $40. Pot is 77.50, I have about $80 leftNow what?
i wish i had a snazzy joke.all i can say is quit poker if this is a difficult hand for you.

I don't think he's debating whether or not to fold - I think he's wondering what's the best way to get villain's money in the middle.It looks like villain likes his hand, so there's no point screwing around, especially not at .5/$1. I push. Note that if you bet like Zach suggests, a push won't seem as large as yours does here.

Guy had 1010, i suppose i'm masking a bad beat story, but upon further reconsideration, i don't think a lay down would be that bad, especially since his only viable range would be jj-aa and the case 4. I guess a complete donk with a bare ten would do it, but the guy seemed relatively solid.

Guy had 1010, i suppose i'm masking a bad beat story, but upon further reconsideration, i don't think a lay down would be that bad, especially since his only viable range would be jj-aa and the case 4. I guess a complete donk with a bare ten would do it, but the guy seemed relatively solid.
Or a complete donk with QQ. Not a bad play to call it off, there. Unless I have a real good read or trying to make a 'pro laydown', I'm gonna lose my stack.
trystero, he limped MP with 10/10 anyway, and it was a tight table, so a shady MP big PP limp def. was a possibilty, and given the context of the betting, pretty likely
I'll go broke pretty much every time here if he's limping with a high PP... that's just terrible poker on his part, and trust me, it will all come back around.Also, if his only viable LIMPING range is JJ-AA... then he is garbage, or your table is retardedly tight. It's .5/1, find a new table.
I'll go broke pretty much every time here if he's limping with a high PP... that's just terrible poker on his part, and trust me, it will all come back around.Also, if his only viable LIMPING range is JJ-AA... then he is garbage, or your table is retardedly tight. It's .5/1, find a new table.
I'm confused on who's arguing what here. Are you saying that its was bad for villain to limp with TT here? If so, do you *never* limp with your big pairs? For the record, I have no problem limping big pocket pairs from time to time. I don't make it the norm, but I think you want to mix up your play with them.
I'm confused on who's arguing what here. Are you saying that its was bad for villain to limp with TT here? If so, do you *never* limp with your big pairs? For the record, I have no problem limping big pocket pairs from time to time. I don't make it the norm, but I think you want to mix up your play with them.
I dont even know anymore...this thread has confused me.I very rarely limp my big pairs first in in MP/LP, I don't think I ever open limp in MP/LP.I'm really just confused how his range got down to exactly JJ-AA...

Limp calling is always a sign of a high pocket pair, isn't it? :club: You beat ANY ten. You beat JJ. You beat QQ. If he has AA or TT, so be it. Oh, and don't bother considering the case 4.AA is pretty damn unlikely. the 4 is pretty goddamn unlikely. TT is less likely than JJ and QQ.If you don't get your money in here you are playing far too weak tight.