I'm sorry if this is this in the wrong forum, but I was just curious if there is a suggested total bankroll for NL hold'em. For limit I've heard that 300 BB should prevent busting from variance. Is there some similar rule of thumb for NL based on blinds or maximum table buyin?

300 bb i think is a limit holdem ideal for bankroll.For NL, I like to think in terms of buyins. For instance if I want to play$50 max NL, I like to start with 15 "buyins" or $750.Move up to $100 max at 1500-2000, depending on how you feel, etc.

I'm not really risk adverse, so take this for what its worth. But I keep about $2000 in Party and I generally 2 table $400NL lately. I think my playing style makes it hard to go busto in NL though. (I play full ring, and I don't let pots get very big unless I have something better than tptk...)Mark

Hey everyone, thank you for the replies. I read that article and really appreciate whoever posted that. The reason I posed this question was that I am a low limit NL hold'em player. I've been playing $0.10/0.25 NL games and had made about 8 buyins worth seemingly immediately at the weaker tables in this buyin, and I was wondering at what point should I consider moving up. Based on your suggestions, I am going to stay at the lower limits that I am currently playing at until I am at a much more comfortable bankroll.Thank you,Ben