What Do The Following Players Have In Common?

Daniel, you say evryone person you've talked to doesn't support the lawsuit.Andy Bloch says everyone he's talked to has.Isn't it likely that the truth is somewhere in the middle?Some support it, some don't?Why has this issue become so personal? You have strong feelings, and in your opinion the lawsuit is wrong. Their opinions are equally as strong in the opposition. Do you really think the players involved in this lawsuit are out to destroy poker? That doesn't seem reasonable.I obviously don't know these players personally like you do, but people like Howard Lederer, Joseph Hachem, Chris Ferguson etc., don't seem like vindictive people to me. Is that an incorrect assumption?While you think this lawsuit is bad for poker, do you think these personal attacks between both camps are good for poker?michael

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daniel, you say evryone person you've talked to doesn't support the lawsuit.Andy Bloch says everyone he's talked to has.Isn't it likely that the truth is somewhere in the middle?Some support it, some don't?Why has this issue become so personal? You have strong feelings, and in your opinion the lawsuit is wrong. Their opinions are equally as strong in the opposition. Do you really think the players involved in this lawsuit are out to destroy poker? That doesn't seem reasonable.I obviously don't know these players personally like you do, but people like Howard Lederer, Joseph Hachem, Chris Ferguson etc., don't seem like vindictive people to me. Is that an incorrect assumption?While you think this lawsuit is bad for poker, do you think these personal attacks between both camps are good for poker?michael
how much time you got?
chip's name in caseyatthebatDaniel do I win a prize for answering first?
YES!You get to clean his pool.Daniel, it sounds like politics are being played hard and friendships are being strained to the breaking point. IT is all very sad and is so bad for everyone. Are you suggesting that only your group are against it? I find that very hard to believe, but the others that hate it too are too afraid to speak out.This sucks.

Daniel, thank you for your candor. I respectfully request that you write about this in your blog in more detail. I originally thought that the WPT suit would be good for poker, but WPT's reply to the lawsuit and your comments are changing opinions everywhere. Please share your insight on this important matter. It feels like the future of poker is at risk. The WPT calls out the players as not representative of typical poker players, and seem to open the door to the charge that Ferguson and Lederer are hoping to profit their business, Full Tilt poker, via this lawsuit. Just my .02

Not Harmen
:huh:She won her first World Series of Poker bracelet in 2000 at the No Limit Deuce to Seven Lowball Event (at a final table that also included Lyle Berman and Steve Zolotow). Amazingly she never played the game before the event. She received a quick five minute tutoring session from Howard Lederer before the event on how the game is played and the strategy. She won her second WSOP bracelet in 2002 at the $5K Limit Hold'Em event (the field also included Mimi Tran, Humberto Brenes and Allen Cunningham). She is the only woman to hold two bracelets in WSOP open events.

I don't believe that any of the players have publicly stated that it's all about money, however, a reliable source told me that Greg Raymer specifically told his that is exactly what the lawsuit is about- collecting damages that they feel they are owed. There are many, many, more players opposed to the lawsuit, but I only included those that are clearly against it. The longer this thing gets drawn out, the worse it is for poker. Just wait till all of the players financial records are revealed in court. Irellevant you say? Not when you are trying to prove damages. The players are claiming financial loss, so the WPT will have every right to open up the books and question in great detail where certain money is coming from. The WPT will go out of it's way to prove that these players are proffiting in a big way from online poker. That's not a good thing, not for them, not for me, and definitely not for the poker world as a whole.

That's not a good thing, not for them, not for me, and definitely not for the poker world as a whole.
AH HA!!!!!!!so THATS the reason its gonna mess with FCPs bottom linenow we all know the REAL reason your against it....ok ok ill stop with the jokes

I hate to sound so simplistic, but is there any way to stop this?I mean...does anyone else get it? Would they really risk everything?It just doesn't seem to make any sense to continue with everything potentially at risk here. It's like burning down the very house you're living in.My head is spinning

Too bad a few have to lead these interesting threads off-topic. More moderator involvement is needed at this forum. We are lucky to have a prominent poker professional who even cares to post at this forum, and it's a chance for people who really care about poker to get involved in the politics, since online-poker might be a political lightning rod in the upcoming elections. Please, moderators, ban some of these people who are trolling this board. If ever there was any proof needed, it's this thread, started by DN himself, being littered with off-topic comments and personal attacks.Let's keep this thread on-topic. I'd like to ask: why is this lawsuit so bad for poker--so far, DN hasn't made it perfectly clear. I look forward to his blog.

Too bad blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah. I look forward to his blog.
FYPwe are all fans of DN calm down... some are a little more than fans but hey to each his own......
Too bad a few have to lead these interesting threads off-topic. More moderator involvement is needed at this forum. We are lucky to have a prominent poker professional who even cares to post at this forum, and it's a chance for people who really care about poker to get involved in the politics, since online-poker might be a political lightning rod in the upcoming elections. Please, moderators, ban some of these people who are trolling this board. If ever there was any proof needed, it's this thread, started by DN himself, being littered with off-topic comments and personal attacks.Let's keep this thread on-topic. I'd like to ask: why is this lawsuit so bad for poker--so far, DN hasn't made it perfectly clear. I look forward to his blog.
I think he made it pretty clear.
The longer this thing gets drawn out, the worse it is for poker. Just wait till all of the players financial records are revealed in court. Irellevant you say? Not when you are trying to prove damages. The players are claiming financial loss, so the WPT will have every right to open up the books and question in great detail where certain money is coming from.The WPT will go out of it's way to prove that these players are proffiting in a big way from online poker. That's not a good thing, not for them, not for me, and definitely not for the poker world as a whole.
Online gambling is a hotbed issue in this country right now. This is the kind of thing that puts a negative focus on it and makes politicians jump on the bandwagon.
The WPT will go out of it's way to prove that these players are proffiting in a big way from online poker. That's not a good thing, not for them, not for me, and definitely not for the poker world as a whole.
Yes, but since these players are so successful and must know they are vulnerable, why would they take this risk in this political climate? Are they trying to destroy the WPT. Why would someone as savy as Phil Gordon in the world of business not recognize these dangers if they are real?
Yes, but since these players are so successful and must know they are vulnerable, why would they take this risk in this political climate? Are they trying to destroy the WPT. Why would someone as savy as Phil Gordon in the world of business not recognize these dangers if they are real?
because his judgement is clouded by greed!
It could be a number of reasons. Maybe they feel that poker is too popular to be stopped right now and think it's not a possibility.Maybe they think that they're above all of that and won't feel any negative repercussions.Or maybe they're just greed driven egomaniacs.Any and all of those are valid reasons, I feel.Like Daniel said, he has it on good authority that the 7 are seeking damages. If just one of them has something shady on the books, then that's a huge blow to the online poker community. It'll be a small step into shutting down online poker in the US if that happens.