My 49ers Will Never Win Another Superbowl.

it was all niners. it was a clinic on how to shut down a good team. bucs were 3-1 coming into the game with a win over the falcons and saints(?)
considering that the Bucs barely beat the Colts at home the week before, I'd say that they are not a good team I don't care what their record is. The Niners obviously played well, but the Bucs are not good at all.The Niners will most likely make the playoffs because their division is so bad (Cardinals, Seahawks, Rams? jesus christ). They won't get past their first playoff game though.
  • Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree with OP.

They might not win another Super Bowl (this year), but Harbaugh has this team playing very balanced football. Even if this team goes 6-5 (probably more like 7-4), they should make the playoffs. I think they still have 5 games in their own division (4-1 at least!).
yeah we still have 5 games left against the NFC west... i'm really excited the direction jim is taking us... even though josh morgan who was emerging as a great WR snapped his leg and is out for the year. pretty big loss for us.
considering that the Bucs barely beat the Colts at home the week before, I'd say that they are not a good team I don't care what their record is. The Niners obviously played well, but the Bucs are not good at all.The Niners will most likely make the playoffs because their division is so bad (Cardinals, Seahawks, Rams? jesus christ). They won't get past their first playoff game though.
i politely disagree tanner. the bucs are a good team i think they underestimated us big time. and the raiders may have a shot to get a wild card or even the division. its good to see bay area football good again.

Again, I'm not saying that the Niners are bad. But at this point so early in the season and based on who they have played, you also can't say that they are good. I think we will have a better feel after the game this weekend in Detroit.

Again, I'm not saying that the Niners are bad. But at this point so early in the season and based on who they have played, you also can't say that they are good. I think we will have a better feel after the game this weekend in Detroit.
fair enough. i hope we can keep smith alive....
we're for real. :)and it's nice to see bay area football is back to playing well.

That game was intense for me. A. Smith still throws too many floaters.

That game was intense for me. A. Smith still throws too many floaters.
haha yeah my heart was racing. i now see how so many fans have heart attacks in big games. and smith looks amazing this year. 11 TD and 2 INT's so far this season but yeah he did throw a few floaters including that pick.and schwartz was such a little cry baby sore loser at the end. he gets butt hurt at harbaugh jumping around but when the lions win he does 30 uppercut fist pumps. haha jim pwnd on him.
haha yeah my heart was racing. i now see how so many fans have heart attacks in big games. and smith looks amazing this year. 11 TD and 2 INT's so far this season but yeah he did throw a few floaters including that pick.and schwartz was such a little cry baby sore loser at the end. he gets butt hurt at harbaugh jumping around but when the lions win he does 30 uppercut fist pumps. haha jim pwnd on him.
He does one big fist pump while saying Boom. Not 30. Your letting your homerism change the actual facts of what goes on. The other difference is that Schwartz does his fist pump and then reels in the emotions and goes out and shakes the hand of the other coach in a respectful and professional manner. What Harbaugh did was neither. What Schwartz did after the handshake was completely uncalled for but in the heat of the moment I can see why he would take offense to what Harbaugh pulled there. If you can't see what part Harbaugh played in that mess then you just are too blind to ever see it. I also love the crybaby part. You watched the FOX broadcast game right? At about the 3rd quarter my wife asked me why Harbaugh spends the whole game whining because almost every other play he was throwing some sort of tantrum on the side of the field for one reason or another. Hell he was throwing a tantrum at the officials when they called the Lions for an illegal chop block. I know Jim well, Jim is insane. Good coach, no question, but he is slightly off kilter. Was when he played for Michigan. He needs to realize though that he is at the top of the heap and needs to rein it in a bit. But hey, as a Lions fan, good to see someone act like they won the super bowl after beating us. I can honestly say that after watching the Lions play for most of the 34 years I lived here in Detroit, I have never seen anyone react that way after beating us. I love it. We are now relevant.
He does one big fist pump while saying Boom. Not 30. Your letting your homerism change the actual facts of what goes on. The other difference is that Schwartz does his fist pump and then reels in the emotions and goes out and shakes the hand of the other coach in a respectful and professional manner. What Harbaugh did was neither. What Schwartz did after the handshake was completely uncalled for but in the heat of the moment I can see why he would take offense to what Harbaugh pulled there. If you can't see what part Harbaugh played in that mess then you just are too blind to ever see it. I also love the crybaby part. You watched the FOX broadcast game right? At about the 3rd quarter my wife asked me why Harbaugh spends the whole game whining because almost every other play he was throwing some sort of tantrum on the side of the field for one reason or another. Hell he was throwing a tantrum at the officials when they called the Lions for an illegal chop block. I know Jim well, Jim is insane. Good coach, no question, but he is slightly off kilter. Was when he played for Michigan. He needs to realize though that he is at the top of the heap and needs to rein it in a bit. But hey, as a Lions fan, good to see someone act like they won the super bowl after beating us. I can honestly say that after watching the Lions play for most of the 34 years I lived here in Detroit, I have never seen anyone react that way after beating us. I love it. We are now relevant.
haha i was caught up in the heat of winning... jim crossed the line at the end. no doubt about it, but so did schwartz chasing after him. harbaugh is a little nutso but i think it works perfectly for this team. and in all respect to you and your wife, but every coach bitches about a call that goes against his team. :ts they are all very emotional people who want to win. and yes you guys are relevant, that's why it was such a big win for us. :club: perhaps a good NFC rivalry was born.
and in all respect to you and your wife, but every coach bitches about a call that goes against his team.
He was talking about a call that went against the other team.I thought the whole exchange was hilarious and both of them are obviously looney and this probably isn't something that deserves real analysis.
He was talking about a call that went against the other team.I thought the whole exchange was hilarious and both of them are obviously looney and this probably isn't something that deserves real analysis.
opps, my bad.and yeah, i was actually laughing at the whole thing. thought it was funny how sportscenter talked about what happened between them for 15 minutes. talk about overkill.

And Jim is our best coach since Mariucci if not Seifertwhich isn't huge given our past head coaches (Singletary, Mike Nolan (his dad was a crappy coach for us in the 60's, no shock mike sucked), Dennis Erickson).

• 2 weeks later...

SF @ WasNYG @ SFAri @ SFSF @ BalSt.L @ SFSF @ AriPit @ SFSF @ SeaSF @ St.LCurrent record 6-1, 9 games left.Niners should win all the games remaining in the division, but will probably be upset at least once. Hard to pick which game that may be, but I am thinking an away game (obv.) 4-1 against remaining division opponents The 3 most likely games for an upset would be during the last 4 weeks. I'll go with @ Sea. As far as the remaining games with Was (away), NYG (home), Bal (away), and Pit (home). Niners should win @ Was, leaving Pit and Bal (away) and NYG (home), all currently 5-2 and in 1st place. Niners may be able to get one of those games, most likely at home vs. NYG, 1-2.So that leaves 6-3 in the remaining games, 12-4 record.Thoughts?Edit: Pit is currently 6-2

I think playing the schedule game is dumb.[/quotI don't. I think it is very interesting to predict how the teams will play out, however I am usually not good at it.
SF @ WasNYG @ SFAri @ SFSF @ BalSt.L @ SFSF @ AriPit @ SFSF @ SeaSF @ St.LCurrent record 6-1, 9 games left.Niners should win all the games remaining in the division, but will probably be upset at least once. Hard to pick which game that may be, but I am thinking an away game (obv.) 4-1 against remaining division opponents The 3 most likely games for an upset would be during the last 4 weeks. I'll go with @ Sea. As far as the remaining games with Was (away), NYG (home), Bal (away), and Pit (home). Niners should win @ Was, leaving Pit and Bal (away) and NYG (home), all currently 5-2 and in 1st place. Niners may be able to get one of those games, most likely at home vs. NYG, 1-2.So that leaves 6-3 in the remaining games, 12-4 record.Thoughts?Edit: Pit is currently 6-2
That could very well happen. We play the Steelers at home though. I seriously think we can win that game. The only game right now I don't like our chances are against Baltimore on thanksgiving. we are playing the rams THEN playing the Ravens 4 days later. And I see us going 4-1 against the rest of the NFC West. So 13-3 or 12-4 is very possible.
That could very well happen. We play the Steelers at home though. I seriously think we can win that game. The only game right now I don't like our chances are against Baltimore on thanksgiving. we are playing the rams THEN playing the Ravens 4 days later. And I see us going 4-1 against the rest of the NFC West. So 13-3 or 12-4 is very possible.
Watching the game tonight, I tend to agree.

Likely NFC playoff teams:GBNYGSFNOATLDETWhat teams does SF not match up well against? GB obviously and probably NO. NFC championship game??? SF probably will have to go through NO to get there. What an awesome accomplishment that would make. After all the different coordinators A. Smith has gone through, it's great to see him producing at a decent level. Harbaugh has them playing a very well balanced game, and that defense...lowest points allowed!Still a ton of football to go through, but it has been great to see this team performing so well so far.Taking a closer look at Passing defense (22nd), Running defense (1st), combined (9th). Bottom line though, lowest points allowed. Definitely shows a weakness though.

• 3 weeks later...

49ers first team to clinch a playoff spot, right? Heard some talking head say that if the Niners win they clinch a spot.

49ers first team to clinch a playoff spot, right? Heard some talking head say that if the Niners win they clinch a spot.
No. The packers had a playoff spot clinched before they even started playing their game. The niners clinched their division.