My 49ers Will Never Win Another Superbowl.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Apl5...ap-49ersstadiumSo the niners might be moving down to santa clara. i will be voting yes for a few reasons. 1) candlestick is a crap hole (to say the least). 2) less traffic to deal with, and 3) maybe get a job there. but leaving SF sucks since they've been their for 60 years.
  • Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree with OP.

I can't think of a city that has less room for a new stadium than SF.
exactly. the spot they want to use in santa clara is huge. enough for a nice new stadium and a bunch of easy parking.
Man the time between the draft and the start of exibition games is so looooooooooong.
sigh. sad and true. :ts I cant wait for week one, grocery. :club:
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Will they be the Santa Clara Niners? :club: Although technically the Giants and Jets should be the New Jersey Giants and Jets. That just sounds bad. As far as McNabb, I'd rather have Smith right now and wait for a better QB. McNabb is getting old and I'm sure his price tag is a little too high for what you get.

They will still be known as the San Francisco 49ers. And, I think Smith is going to shock a lot of haters and have a pro bowl season.

• 4 weeks later...

In order to retire, you have to have a career. if you leave the NFL after 1 season, it's called quitting, not retirement. However, Glen coffee's pain is anthony dixon's gain, I bet the 9er's are as happy they drafted him as I am glad I drafted him in my two dynasty leagues right now.

In order to retire, you have to have a career. if you leave the NFL after 1 season, it's called quitting, not retirement. However, Glen coffee's pain is anthony dixon's gain, I bet the 9er's are as happy they drafted him as I am glad I drafted him in my two dynasty leagues right now.
yep. coffee quit, anthony dixon had 126 with a TD. he is going to be a good backup. 37-17. i know its preseason, but its good to see the niners score in the upper 30s like the good ol days.
yep. coffee quit, anthony dixon had 126 with a TD. he is going to be a good backup.
yeah, expect lots of activity from me over the years in this thread, as I'm married to dixon in 2 dynasty leagues ( and perhaps a 3rd one, if I get the chance to draft him late). 126 yards in a preseaons game is kinda sick, imo, shocking he'd get enough carries to get that many yards. But, I guess they don't want to play gore at all, and who the hell else are they going to play now.
yeah, expect lots of activity from me over the years in this thread, as I'm married to dixon in 2 dynasty leagues ( and perhaps a 3rd one, if I get the chance to draft him late). 126 yards in a preseaons game is kinda sick, imo, shocking he'd get enough carries to get that many yards. But, I guess they don't want to play gore at all, and who the hell else are they going to play now.
cool. i like your posts. :)we have michael robinson as a 3rd stringer. he is meh, but good enough to keep around. he was a QB at penn st and we moved him to RB. Gore needs to stay healthy so i hope they don't over play him this pre season. and i heard we may sign westbrook.
cool. i like your posts. :)we have michael robinson as a 3rd stringer. he is meh, but good enough to keep around. he was a QB at penn st and we moved him to RB. Gore needs to stay healthy so i hope they don't over play him this pre season. and i heard we may sign westbrook.
would be a good fit, and devalue gore's fantasy value, which since I'm not a gore owner, I approve of.
would be a good fit, and devalue gore's fantasy value, which since I'm not a gore owner, I approve of.
gore is going to tear it up, if he stays healthy. and dixon's fantasy points may not be that large since we signed westbrook today. great backup and a great vet to help gore and dixon with the game. very nice.
gore is going to tear it up, if he stays healthy. and dixon's fantasy points may not be that large since we signed westbrook today. great backup and a great vet to help gore and dixon with the game. very nice.
dixon's in my dynasty league, i don't really care what his fantasy points are now. I care about them in 2 years when gore's production falls off a cliff.
dixon's in my dynasty league, i don't really care what his fantasy points are now. I care about them in 2 years when gore's production falls off a cliff.
gotcha.

Davis looked really good tonight. I hope he gets some action against some first stringers next week.

Davis looked really good tonight. I hope he gets some action against some first stringers next week.
I doubt he will...week 3 is generally the dress rehearsal for the starters. Unless the other team leaves in there starters on D in the second half i doubt he will get to play much if at all against a 1st string D.
Yea that was pretty sweet. Then Childress is like **** this and sits him outt the rest of the way.
Lolz yeah. P Willie said welcome back brett with that hit.
Davis has one of the strongest arms ever. i doubt he will get to work with the first team since Alex is looking pretty good.
I doubt he will...week 3 is generally the dress rehearsal for the starters. Unless the other team leaves in there starters on D in the second half i doubt he will get to play much if at all against a 1st string D.
yeah pretty much this. I like Davis though. He has some potential.
  • 3 weeks later...
Remember last year when the Niners were still in contention and the Hawks beat them :club:
yes i do. and i remember how the seahawks paid off the officials in that game. about 15 phantom/bs calls against us. it was almost as bad as superbowl 40 :ts

So, not to rub salt in the wounds, but I saw this article today and thought it was noteworthy. I wonder if Smith and the Niners are going to implode after one loss.http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20100...ll&tc=pgallSingletary blamed late play calling on headset malfunctions. Upon hearing that, Alex Smith threw him under the bus:

“The only time it was the headset issue, the clock rolled, they were late to spot the ball and I asked (referee) Mike (Carey) to bump the clock and he bumped it. Once the play clock runs down past 15 (seconds) your headset turns off and it never turns back on. He bumped it up to 25 and the headset never kicked back on and that was the one time, really the only time we had a headset problem.“For whatever reason most of (the timeouts) occurred on third-and one, fourth-and-one, so yeah, whatever it is, deciding on what personnel would go in, deciding on if we would go for it, that decision has to be made. The refs aren’t waiting around to spot the ball based on what we’re going to decide to do. That clock’s rolling. You’ve got to make that decision if you’re going to go for it, then the play’s got to get called. You’ve got to have a call ready. That happens fast. It was all in key situations like that today when we had most of the problems. It’s frustrating, absolutely.”
So, not to rub salt in the wounds, but I saw this article today and thought it was noteworthy. I wonder if Smith and the Niners are going to implode after one loss.http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20100...ll&tc=pgallSingletary blamed late play calling on headset malfunctions. Upon hearing that, Alex Smith threw him under the bus:
fml. safe to say this is smiths last year in SF. bah this is BAD! and that game yesterday: ouch, my pride.