Professional Poker Tour-dn

I'm really curious about the PPT. Mainly, why does everyone participate in it? Is it mainly for the free advertising for websites and what not, or do you really want to say you outplayed all the other really great poker players?It just seems strange, since first place is probably barely a day's work for most people in it. So, I just can't figure out why everyone would do it for such piddly money. AND, is it a freeroll, or are you people paying to get in?

I'm really curious about the PPT. Mainly, why does everyone participate in it? Is it mainly for the free advertising for websites and what not, or do you really want to say you outplayed all the other really great poker players?It just seems strange, since first place is probably barely a day's work for most people in it. So, I just can't figure out why everyone would do it for such piddly money. AND, is it a freeroll, or are you people paying to get in?
its a freeroll, they have nothing to lose by playing in it, and they can win massive bragging rights and a bit of cash too. and first place is something like 250k I think, thats a decent amount of money for almost anyone on the tour, and other than the big game players most of them arent playing for that much every day.
yup, i wouldnt bother to play a freeroll with a quarter million dollar first prize. Thats like a days work on a bad day.
dhey, thanks for the replies.and yeah, i guess most would appreciate the 200,000 first prize, especially as a freeroll, and certainly the bragging rights and the chance to play only against the best. i just remembered daniel complaining about some pro player happening similar to this, i think at bellagio, where he read a book through the whole thing because you could only win a few hundred thousand dollars or something. :club: