I just got done watching the ME (god bless tivo) and phil is the most annoying person ever. Can he ever just lay down a hand and shut up. His book was the first I ever read and used to be a fan, but now i hate him. He's a good player no doubt but all he is about is his ego and the camera. Is there any hellmuth fans out there, because if you are your a punk too.

I just got done watching the ME (god bless tivo) and phil is the most annoying person ever. Can he ever just lay down a hand and shut up. His book was the first I ever read and used to be a fan, but now i hate him. He's a good player no doubt but all he is about is his ego and the camera. Is there any hellmuth fans out there, because if you are your a punk too.
I don't have a problem with Phil, so I say this to you:STFU Asshead.

I thought the piece of **** who yelled at him to "muck the cards already" is a punk. If he did it after taking down half of Hellmuth's stack (or more), then it may be a bit more justified. But the dumbass essentially took down the absolute minimum amount of chips with that configuration of cards and hands.Phil's an ******* with an inflated ego, but he still has 10 WSOP bracelets. He's in a position to do some talking.

10 bracelets or not ....the guy is the biggest cash game donkey on the planethttp://youtube.com/watch?v=E8O8a_un_r8
Thank you. He calls himself best holdem player ever, so why when he goes on HSP are they so happy to see him. If you notice I mentioned he is good player. So any great player can act like a idiot everyday and thats exceptable? So if Tiger or Jordan complanied and acted like a child all day you would give them a pass. Just because you are great doesn't excuse you from being a punk

He can do/say anything he wants. Don't you know who he is? He's Phil Hellmuth.

That's Phil! He is what he is man, the guy we all love to hate, lol.I did meet and talk to him this year at the WSOP. He is a little stand-offish but was very nice. I think it's the cameras that really get him going.And he does have 10 freaking bracelets...ANNNDDDD, he made over 2 million this year at the WSOP!!!He has certainly earned the whining rights and I for one LOVE his meltdowns. :club:

I met Hellmuth this year at the WSOP too. He seemed like a gentleman. Also, he was playing in the table next to mine during the Series and he was having nice table banter with everyone else.I honestly believe that it's the cameras that gets him started. He knows that throwing tantrums sells (at least boosts his reputation) and thus he does it. He's one smart businessman.

Thank you. He calls himself best holdem player ever, so why when he goes on HSP are they so happy to see him. If you notice I mentioned he is good player. So any great player can act like a idiot everyday and thats exceptable? So if Tiger or Jordan complanied and acted like a child all day you would give them a pass. Just because you are great doesn't excuse you from being a punk
I dont recall the table PAYING him to stay...or him losing 700k at one point like a player in Season 1 did.To say he is "the biggest cash game donk" off his appearance on High Stakes Poker is rather retarded, considering the great players who were on that show and became stuck. Just sounds like your hatred for him coloring your opinion.

I absolutely love hellmuth and mike matusow because of their attitude... Poker can be boring around a table but with the brat and the mouth it is pure entertainment

We All Know Hellmuth is the best tourney player ever next to stu unger. So he can do and say anything he feels like it. He does have 10 now maybe thats why he talks alot now.
Lol. Comparing the two is absolutely retarded. I don't know if two styles can be further apart.
Lol. Comparing the two is absolutely retarded. I don't know if two styles can be further apart.
True, but I believe the poster was comparing individual accomplishments in tournament play, not playing styles.Though I do note one thing: If Stu Ungar was alive today, I believe that he would be the one with more than 10 bracelets and this Brunson/Chan/Hellmuth bracelet race would be meaningless if not non-existent.