$2,500 Freeroll Has Only 19 Entrants

The poker site that offers my game isn't exactly catching on like wildfire. The reviews for my game itself have been stellar, though. A reminder of how it's played:http://www.letspoker.com/howtoplay_cali_holdem.htmlLet's Poker has a $2,500 freeroll today at 6:30 PDT. First prize will be around $1,250. I doubt there will be 40 entrants total. You'll never find better odds.This is a great chance to play the game for free, with the best odds to win good money you'll find. Hope you check it out. You'll have to deposit $50 to enter, but you can cash it out whenever. AND, if you enter the Promo Code: "Lauch100" you'll get 100% rakeback up to $100. I don't know how they marketed this, but it wasn't exactly effective. Not even I would have heard of it on my own, and it's my game! But this actually works out well in your favor if you want to check the game out with a very good shot at cash if you're a good player.Remember, California Hold'em will benefit you more the better player you are. It's just like Texas Hold'em, but there are less bad beats.

The poker site that offers my game isn't exactly catching on like wildfire. The reviews for my game itself have been stellar, though. A reminder of how it's played:http://www.letspoker.com/howtoplay_cali_holdem.htmlLet's Poker has a $2,500 freeroll today at 6:30 PDT. First prize will be around $1,250. I doubt there will be 40 entrants total. You'll never find better odds.This is a great chance to play the game for free, with the best odds to win good money you'll find. Hope you check it out. You'll have to deposit $50 to enter, but you can cash it out whenever. AND, if you enter the Promo Code: "Lauch100" you'll get 100% rakeback up to $100. I don't know how they marketed this, but it wasn't exactly effective. Not even I would have heard of it on my own, and it's my game! But this actually works out well in your favor if you want to check the game out with a very good shot at cash if you're a good player.Remember, California Hold'em will benefit you more the better player you are. It's just like Texas Hold'em, but there are less bad beats.
spam?

I don't consider this spam. He's pimping his game, not the site, so much. People come on here all the time and mention overlays and freerolls--this is no different.If I remember correctly, CAHE had like, A 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 T 11 12 13 J Q K?Seemed odd, never tried it though.

I don't consider this spam. He's pimping his game, not the site, so much. People come on here all the time and mention overlays and freerolls--this is no different.If I remember correctly, CAHE had like, A 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 T 11 12 13 J Q K?Seemed odd, never tried it though.
I'm a fan of Daniel's and if this is against the spirit of the community, by all means take it down! I am more concerned that people try the game than anything else and this is about as good a shot as you'll get to do so.And yes, you're right about the game. This link has a picture of what the deck looks like. Four 11s and four 12s are inserted in a normal deck with the suit taken off of the 10s and 11s. You play the same way as Texas Hold'em, but with that deck. It changes the odds slightly and benefits skilled players.http://www.letspoker.com/howtoplay_cali_holdem.html
How do you Sign up 4 The Site
http://www.letspoker.com/howtoplay_cali_holdem.htmlIf you go to that link and check out the rules you'll see links.
I'm a fan of Daniel's and if this is against the spirit of the community, by all means take it down! I am more concerned that people try the game than anything else and this is about as good a shot as you'll get to do so.
I don't think it's against the spirit of the site at all..I know you took a lot of abuse when you introduced it on this site, but, I don't see how it's any different than people talking about Pineapple on UB, per se, or Badugi on VCPoker.com.All ya did was tell us there's a freeroll.
And yes, you're right about the game. This link has a picture of what the deck looks like. Four 11s and four 12s are inserted in a normal deck with the suit taken off of the 10s and 11s. You play the same way as Texas Hold'em, but with that deck. It changes the odds slightly and benefits skilled players.http://www.letspoker.com/howtoplay_cali_holdem.html
So, the 12's have the suit? And do the 10's and 11's work as a 'wild card' for flushes, since they have no suit? If I have say, JhTx and there's 3 hearts on the board, do I have a flush?I'd like to try this, but, I'm weary of depositing money onto a site that 1) I've never heard of 2) I'm going to immediately withdrawal 3) Is apparently on the verge of going broke. Any other way to play it, maybe?Edit; nevermind, I read about the use of 10's and 11's for flushes.
Can you explain why this benefits the skilled players?
The idea was this.If we're playing HU, and I have AA and you have KK..in normal hold'em, you have 2 of 48 remaining cards to hit a set. In CA Hold'em, you have 2 of 56 remaining cards to hit a set. Fewer suck outs.
I don't think it's against the spirit of the site at all..I know you took a lot of abuse when you introduced it on this site, but, I don't see how it's any different than people talking about Pineapple on UB, per se, or Badugi on VCPoker.com.All ya did was tell us there's a freeroll.So, the 12's have the suit? And do the 10's and 11's work as a 'wild card' for flushes, since they have no suit? If I have say, JhTx and there's 3 hearts on the board, do I have a flush?I'd like to try this, but, I'm weary of depositing money onto a site that 1) I've never heard of 2) I'm going to immediately withdrawal 3) Is apparently on the verge of going broke. Any other way to play it, maybe?
12s are suited. Reason the 10s and 11s have no suit and not the 11s and 12s is because my way you can still have a Royal Flush... 12-A of any suit. Some people ask why not make the 2s and 3s unsuited... Because they wouldn't be playable. 10s and 11s are still playable cards depending on position and number of players. As far as the risk in depositing. They are NOT on the verge of going broke. They have a lot of money behind them. I've met the owner and personally find him to be reputable. Of course, I understand the reluctance. The reason they wanted the deposit is because people were coming for the freerolls then going to play on other sites when they were done, like Full Contact, which is where I play.They have enough money to make it several more months even if no one shows up. It took them millions to develop the software and the investors aren't giving up. It would be insane for them to be shady with the money deposited, since it would mean instant collapse.As far as being able to play it... The .net version of the site offers play money tables, but it's hard to get a game. Best chance you have to play is this freeroll. You seem like a nice guy, DrawingDead... I will personally guarantee you the money if you enter. You can always get in touch with me here. I'm repped by Poker Royalty, which is the same firm that reps Daniel. I really don't think you have any reason to fear, but as I said, if it makes you feel better I'm good for the $50 if they weren't. That goes for anyone who signs up today and plays.I want some players to try it.Especially from here! If some of you guys like it, like I know you will, maybe it ends up somewhere great like Full Contact.
12s are suited. Reason the 10s and 11s have no suit and not the 11s and 12s is because my way you can still have a Royal Flush... 12-A of any suit. Some people ask why not make the 2s and 3s unsuited... Because they wouldn't be playable. 10s and 11s are still playable cards depending on position and number of players. As far as the risk in depositing. They are NOT on the verge of going broke. They have a lot of money behind them. I've met the owner and personally find him to be reputable. Of course, I understand the reluctance. The reason they wanted the deposit is because people were coming for the freerolls then going to play on other sites when they were done, like Full Contact, which is where I play.They have enough money to make it several more months even if no one shows up. It took them millions to develop the software and the investors aren't giving up. It would be insane for them to be shady with the money deposited, since it would mean instant collapse.As far as being able to play it... The .net version of the site offers play money tables, but it's hard to get a game. Best chance you have to play is this freeroll. You seem like a nice guy, DrawingDead... I will personally guarantee you the money if you enter. You can always get in touch with me here. I'm repped by Poker Royalty, which is the same firm that reps Daniel. I really don't think you have any reason to fear, but as I said, if it makes you feel better I'm good for the $50 if they weren't. That goes for anyone who signs up today and plays.I want some players to try it.
Very kind offer, and I will consider it. I'm curious as to whether or not you've got any other sites considering/currently adding CA Hold 'em to their selection. It seems like the current poker flow is turning towards more mixed games/skill games. I know that Full Tilt is adding Badugi and all the rave right now is HORSE, so, if it'd seem like a natural progression for some of the larger sites to offer the game. Games like Royal Hold 'em and Pineapple/Crazy Pineapple have done reasonably well on UB, so I'd think you'd have some sort of market for your game. Do you sell any decks or have a web site for your game? I know the general reaction to your introduction was that, poker as a whole doesn't need or want more games of skill because it will discourage fish from playing..but, I think it's interesting. Most poker players have very large egos and I'm sure would jump at the chance to prove how much better they are in a game that includes more skill.
Very kind offer, and I will consider it. I'm curious as to whether or not you've got any other sites considering/currently adding CA Hold 'em to their selection. It seems like the current poker flow is turning towards more mixed games/skill games. I know that Full Tilt is adding Badugi and all the rave right now is HORSE, so, if it'd seem like a natural progression for some of the larger sites to offer the game. Games like Royal Hold 'em and Pineapple/Crazy Pineapple have done reasonably well on UB, so I'd think you'd have some sort of market for your game. Do you sell any decks or have a web site for your game? I know the general reaction to your introduction was that, poker as a whole doesn't need or want more games of skill because it will discourage fish from playing..but, I think it's interesting. Most poker players have very large egos and I'm sure would jump at the chance to prove how much better they are in a game that includes more skill.
Thanks for asking the right questions...I am in talks with some sites and there are some other opportunities on the front burner... Possible TV show (fingers crossed.) I have two places you can go... www.californiaholdem.tv and www.myspace.com/californiaholdemAs far as the fish argument, best analogy I can give is golf. People don't refrain from playing golf just because they don't think they can beat Tiger Woods. In my game, which isn't THAT different, you get more consistent results depending on your level of skill. If you're weak in an area and improve, you'll see more tangible results. Again, like golf... Fix the slice and you'll cut off a few strokes. California Hold'em, in practice, plays more like deep stack poker. Post flop play and betting for value are more important. The field thins out slower because there are fewer all ins early. It's just different. I really think you'll enjoy its pace.I will answer any other questions later...I turned 35 today and my fiance is taking me out... Somewhere secret. Have to get ready.Hope you guys play the game. And I hope some of these other opportunities pan out! Would be great to have the game somewhere where you can get more than 20 players when you're giving away $2,500!!!The reaction to the game has been very good in the industry and it plays great. I promoted at the WSOP and got a very good response. Ultimately, I've found that poker players rely heavilly on emulation when they decide to play something new... At least the rank and file... So getting top pros to play this on TV is integral to getting it to really take off. I may get some other deals going soon, but the TV show is what I'm really hoping will go! I have the distribution secured (200 million households) and the players (through Poker Royalty) in place... It's a matter of getting a major site to add the game and fund production. I'll know in the next couple of months.The reality is, to be honest, that it'll be hard to get people to try this game, even though it is great, without the TV component. If that doesn't happen, the reality is I'll struggle to get it played and will probably fail. So there's a lot riding on the next months.
Reads like you both are pimping this site pretty hard.
SWEAR TO GOD he has nothing to do with me or the game -- I love the guy, though, because he's asking the questions I'd want him to. Got to go... The Chariot awaits... Don't turn 35 every day.Later all.
Thanks for asking the right questions...I am in talks with some sites and there are some other opportunities on the front burner... Possible TV show (fingers crossed.) I have two places you can go... www.californiaholdem.tv and www.myspace.com/californiaholdemAs far as the fish argument, best analogy I can give is golf. People don't refrain from playing golf just because they don't think they can beat Tiger Woods. In my game, which isn't THAT different, you get more consistent results depending on your level of skill. If you're weak in an area and improve, you'll see more tangible results. Again, like golf... Fix the slice and you'll cut off a few strokes. California Hold'em, in practice, plays more like deep stack poker. Post flop play and betting for value are more important. The field thins out slower because there are fewer all ins early. It's just different. I really think you'll enjoy its pace.I will answer any other questions later...I turned 35 today and my fiance is taking me out... Somewhere secret. Have to get ready.Hope you guys play the game. And I hope some of these other opportunities pan out! Would be great to have the game somewhere where you can get more than 20 players when you're giving away $2,500!!!The reaction to the game has been very good in the industry and it plays great. I promoted at the WSOP and got a very good response. Ultimately, I've found that poker players rely heavilly on emulation when they decide to play something new... At least the rank and file... So getting top pros to play this on TV is integral to getting it to really take off. I may get some other deals going soon, but the TV show is what I'm really hoping will go! I have the distribution secured (200 million households) and the players (through Poker Royalty) in place... It's a matter of getting a major site to add the game and fund production. I'll know in the next couple of months.The reality is, to be honest, that it'll be hard to get people to try this game, even though it is great, without the TV component. If that doesn't happen, the reality is I'll struggle to get it played and will probably fail. So there's a lot riding on the next months.
Hmm..I'm not sold on it yet, but, it seems promising. You seem like a pretty nice guy, though, so best of luck. Happy Birthday, too. I'll check out your sites; you've got me intrigued. I think the toughest part will be that people can't play it with a normal deck, so you're gonna have to push the site/web-based component. I would think, though, if it's succesful on TV, people would deposit on Site X just to play the game, which, Site X would appreciate because of more rake. Interesting, though.

Quick reply, then REALLY have to go...Yeah, the compelling part of getting a site to fund the show is that unlike just another poker show, there is a 1:1 conversion of any curious player to player on a site that offers the game, since it's not available elsewhere. Plus it does require a custom deck. A site can run promotions like giving away a free deck for an initial deposit... Great "calls to action" in the TV show that translate a lot more readily from viewer to sign-up, depositer and player than other kinds of shows they may back. PLUS, a site gets to rake a new product. The pros genuinely like my game and want to play it on TV. Distributors like the idea of a show around a new game. Bottleneck is a site buying in.You seem like a great guy and I appreciate the open mind. I've become very zen about this. If feel sincerely that I have a great product, but I don't know if the stars will allign for it. I hope they will and I'm doing everything I can to try to get the industry to see how they can profit from the limited availability... But time will tell.Have a great night!

are they going to reach the 30 min. players required? there are less than 10 ppl playing cash games
That's not encouraging..19 people were in and they're not up to 30 yet? I figured there'd be at least 11 degenerates on this site who'd scrounge up the 50 bucks to play in the free roll.
I just tried to sign up and the promo code you gave is invalid.
Just went to the deposit page... Says "Launch100" is the code. Don't know. Just found out they added the 30 player minimum. Don't know when that happened. You'd think they'd be able to gather up 10 more for a 1/30 chance to win $1,250. But they obviously have their marketing problems. Literally on the way out the door. Night all. I'll be registered... caholdem, but just blinding off. So really it's a 1/29 shot if they get 10 more.Maybe people will sign up in the last hour. Who knows!