• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So does the Atkins diet become +EV or -EV in this couple's life?This reminds me of a story from my life with deep meanings and truth.At the 50th Annivesary party for my grandfather and grandmother, my grandfather sat in a corner crying. Everyone said how beautiful it was that he was so choked up.I went to my grandpa and asked him why he was crying.He said: "When your grandmother and I were married about 15 years, I hated her and wanted to kill her. But a good friend of mine told me I would spend the next 35 years in jail if I did that.""I would have been a free man today"
BAHWAHHAAAA!!Reminds me of a story about my grandfather! On his 90th birthday we blind folded him in a room and snuck in a HOOKER!She, strips, pulls of his blindfold and tells him shes gonna give him super sex!...he gasps, takes a few seconds, and finally says to her..."I'll take the soup". :club:
Hi Gang!! I thought that since I had been a member of the FCP community for a good while now, and I have become friends with so many of you, it was time I contributed with a strategy article!! Wonderful!! Mods, you can move it to strategy if you like, but I feel this article is general enough that this is the perfect place for it. Feel free to include it in the next FCP newsletter!!Let me first share with you a story. It is about an old man and woman, who have been married for 50 years!! One day, they have all their kids over to celebrate a birthday and they are having lunch. There is a nice loaf of fresh bread, and the old man cuts off the end, and eats it, and then proceeds to cut some bread for his wife. This same thing had happened for 50 years, everytime the couple had a loaf of bread, the old man would cut off the end and serve himself first. The daughter, realizing this, decides to ask her mother about it. Her mother says "I have loved this man for 50 years, and for 50 years I have put him and his desires before my own. The end of the loaf of bread is the best part of the loaf, and your father loves it. I don't ever complain because I know he loves me, even if these actions suggest otherwise."The son, also curious about the situation, confronts his dad about it. The old man replies "I have loved this woman for 50 years, and for 50 years I have put her and her desires ahead of my own. The end of the loaf of bread is the worst part of the loaf, so I take it for myself before I serve your mother."The illustrates my point beautifully!! For you see, both the man and the woman are accepting -EV situations, and they are doing so needlessly. If they would talk about it, the old woman would get the end of the loaf and take the +EV, and the man would not have to eat the end of the loaf, and would avoid -EV. But we have forgotten one thing!! The +EV of love!! The love between the man and woman, silently expressed through this situation repeated day after day, year after year, has created +EV!! Is there anything more beautiful than this?? Our lives are often receptacles of tempetuous and furtive feelings, so live strong, but live with love!! Let us never forget that at the poker table, we will often confront situations where it is unclear what we should do. Tough decisions have to be made, but if we could view the situation through the eyes of the Creator of the Universe, we could find +EV in the most amazing of places!! "Never stop looking, always seeking, never despairing!!" This quote, given by me in latest issue of Playboy, summarizes my feelings perfectly. And remember. It is never wrong to call an all-in of love!! Wonderful!!
I think you should fold pre-flop.
I don't care what anyone says, this is the best post in the history of the internet.
QFTbest thread ever.
  • 3 weeks later...
Dear Daniel, soon our threads will touch, and our souls will be united. What a truly momentous occasion!! Wonderful!!
Christ!! Why in the hell did you have to come back??Mods, can you please lock this **** up???!!??You must me on whatever DN has been the last few days.
I just threw up in my mouth...side note if you could take one swing with a baseball bat would you hit Clay Aiken or Taylor Hicks?
Clay, just because I think his head would splatter more blood and bits of cranium.
  • 2 months later...
Dear Daniel, soon our threads will touch, and our souls will be united. What a truly momentous occasion!! Wonderful!!
You rock clay... they're talking about you on TV right now
You rock clay... they're talking about you on TV right now
It was funny when I opened up the forum and it was this thread's title posted in by Tyler, and I had no idea at the time it wasn't a new thread. I was like "Damn, I know the girl is cute, but he's whipped like butta."
  • 8 months later...
:club: This thread does indeed deliver.. a glimpse of the glory days.The only negative about bumping old threads is to see how many posters truly have fallen by the wayside and disappeared from FCP.
what ever happened to you bascomeb?we never really got along. i wonder if you weren't to blame for that.
LOL. One of my all time favorites. All I ask is that before Clay quits the forum he tell me who's joke account he is.<3 Clay.Mark