i don't get why its on thursdays at 11. you have to figure that most of the viewers are kids and most need to go to bed around 11
It's not marketed toward kids, Spike TV in general is market toward the male 18-30 year old demographic. It's on inbetween Ultimate Fighter and a video game show... they know who they are marketing towards.
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just not sure if this is a good move on TNA's part if you ask me. There have been reports of their roster morale being low after Christian and Sting came to TNA, no doubt due to them being at the top of the priority list for title shots instead of giving up and comers a boost after all the assbusting they've done for the company.Christian I can understand, he was completely underused in the WWE and he deserved it. Sting has been there, done that, give me a break.I'd rather see someone like Abyss, Daniels, or hell, even one of the former Team Canada get the shot before Sting, Christian, or now, Angle right now.
I think Abyss is due for his shot soon. He deserves it after all that he's done.I don't mind the Angle signing. He can still wrestle and I feel that he brings more attention to the product than Sting and Christian did when they debuted.I just started watching TNA when they signed Sting, and I'm not the only one. The ratings went up and have settled into something around a 1.0 share since then, which is big for TNA and big for any cable show with that time slot.Now that TNA is moving to a prime time slot, a ratings boost could potentially convince Spike to give them a two hour time slot, which is the ultimate goal. More time for the tag division, more time for the X division, and more time for the incredibly talented midcard.TNA seems to be on the rise with all of the high profile names, and if it keeps moving this way, it can begin to compete with WWE, and competition is what the E needs right now.
TNA seems to be on the rise with all of the high profile names, and if it keeps moving this way, it can begin to compete with WWE, and competition is what the E needs right now.
You mean you don't like what they are doing with people like Booker T?The Monday night wars were the best time to be a wresling fan, there was some entertaining stuff going on back then.
It's not marketed toward kids, Spike TV in general is market toward the male 18-30 year old demographic. It's on inbetween Ultimate Fighter and a video game show... they know who they are marketing towards.
oh, i didn't realize that.but anyways, i think it won't be able to compete with the wwe. maybe one day, but i can't see it in the near future
oh, i didn't realize that.but anyways, i think it won't be able to compete with the wwe. maybe one day, but i can't see it in the near future
It's already a superior product in a lot of aspects.
like what?i don't watch but I can't imagine it being better than wwe.I will watch this thursday and see for myself
The X-division is light years ahead of the WWE talent wise. They have a way more functional tag team division too. Plus with a shorter show, you don't see the filler stuff you do on WWE as much. Not to mention the WWE creative team really sucks right now. Everytime I see them create a king character (like what they are doing with Booker) you know they are scraping the bottom of the barrel for ideas.And PPV wise it's not even close, TNA's are infinately better than WWE's.

i am going to watch this thursday.but i like the filler stuff that makes up the two hours. i think ecw would be just as good as raw and smackdown but because its only an hour, i don't like it as much. you have two matches then it is the main event

i am going to watch this thursday.but i like the filler stuff that makes up the two hours. i think ecw would be just as good as raw and smackdown but because its only an hour, i don't like it as much. you have two matches then it is the main event
TNA has the oppisite problem, they have enough talent for a two hour show, but they only have a one hour timeslot.ECW sucks, so does Smackdown for the most part.
TNA has the oppisite problem, they have enough talent for a two hour show, but they only have a one hour timeslot.ECW sucks, so does Smackdown for the most part.
And Raw for that matter.There's more entertainment in an episode of Impact than in the entire 5 major hours of WWE programming in a given week.TNA is doing something that WCW actually did right, and including some sort of X Division spotfest every episode to get the crowd hot. It makes for good TV. And with a two hour slot, that's 4 good matches per night with time for interviews and vignettes to pimp angles. Things are looking up for TNA now.
like what?i don't watch but I can't imagine it being better than wwe.I will watch this thursday and see for myself
do u see why that is a wrong statement. Plain and simple, TNA puts on better matches. I think teh primetime slot will help, but what they really need is two hours of original programming a week so that the shows don't feel so rushed
And Raw for that matter.There's more entertainment in an episode of Impact than in the entire 5 major hours of WWE programming in a given week.TNA is doing something that WCW actually did right, and including some sort of X Division spotfest every episode to get the crowd hot. It makes for good TV. And with a two hour slot, that's 4 good matches per night with time for interviews and vignettes to pimp angles. Things are looking up for TNA now.
outside of the debut in primetime, TNA will still have a 1 hr slot. Primetime will be good for them, two hours would be tons better. Hell, it doesn't have to be one two hour show a week, it could be two 1 hr shows
do u see why that is a wrong statement. Plain and simple, TNA puts on better matches. I think teh primetime slot will help, but what they really need is two hours of original programming a week so that the shows don't feel so rushedoutside of the debut in primetime, TNA will still have a 1 hr slot. Primetime will be good for them, two hours would be tons better. Hell, it doesn't have to be one two hour show a week, it could be two 1 hr shows
I didn't mean to imply that they're getting two hours for sure. I'm just saying that a two hours slot is, I believe, the ultimate goal and would do wonders for the product.

i don't watch tna so i can't judge it (though i am going to watch thursday)but i think raw is great. ecw and smackdown are okay, but raw is awesome. when wwe made raw and smackdown two different brands, they reallys screwed it becuase the talent on raw is so much better.back in the old days all wrestlers were on both shows

i don't watch tna so i can't judge it (though i am going to watch thursday)but i think raw is great. ecw and smackdown are okay, but raw is awesome. when wwe made raw and smackdown two different brands, they reallys screwed it becuase the talent on raw is so much better.back in the old days all wrestlers were on both shows
The brand split is one of the reasons I stopped caring. I'm fairly certain the timeline goes something like this.Vince buys WCW.The WWE has a huge influx of talent.Vince needs to find a way to ensure that all of the talent gets air time.Vince splits the roster between each show.Instead of solving the problem, Vince just split the roster in half, but gave each half less time per week.Then, of course, each roster swapped wrestlers on a regular basis and confused the fan base as to who was where.Now we have Cena in the SmackDown main event and Kane wrestling on ECW while still a member of the Raw roster.That's why I stopped watching WWE.Oh, and because everyone seemed to run out of ideas and began to rehash the past glory. I give it 6 months before the Disciples of Apocalypse/Los Borricuas/Nation of Domination storyline starts up again. Viva Silvio Vega! :club:
Oh, and because everyone seemed to run out of ideas and began to rehash the past glory. I give it 6 months before the Disciples of Apocalypse/Los Borricuas/Nation of Domination storyline starts up again. Viva Silvio Vega! :club:
I think it's funny how I am starting to see WWE guys do "new and inovative moves" that X-Division guys from TNA have been doing for a few years (not that they origionated it, but they brought some of it to the mainstream US). Even characters are being copied and tweaked from TNA.Samoa Joe, the samoan submission machine becomes popular in TNAWWE puts out Umaga, the Somoan Bulldozer (horrible character btw)

i hate umaga and i agree that the split has ruined the wwe.i stopped watching around the time the split happened and started watching again recently. it seems pretty good though.p.s-im excited for thursday to watch my first episode of tna

i watched tna. first off, i am shocked that angle is with them. he got an early release from wwe becuase he was injured and then signed with a different company. it seems real cheap to me.anyways, i was glad to see the dudleys-they are still awesome.maybe its becuae i don't know them well yet, but the talent didn't seem nearly as good as wwe.i thought that abyss and samoan joe were horrible 'actors' and when samoan joe went ot hit abyss, abyss pretty much fell before joe landed the hit

i watched tna. first off, i am shocked that angle is with them. he got an early release from wwe becuase he was injured and then signed with a different company. it seems real cheap to me.anyways, i was glad to see the dudleys-they are still awesome.maybe its becuae i don't know them well yet, but the talent didn't seem nearly as good as wwe.i thought that abyss and samoan joe were horrible 'actors' and when samoan joe went ot hit abyss, abyss pretty much fell before joe landed the hit
dude, I'll put it like this, Dave Meltzer has only given 5 5star matches since wrestlemania 13 in north america, samoa joe has been involved in 3 of them. Recognize

i really didn't like him and thought he was one of the worse ones. it was obvious ot me what he was going to do when he did them. i think all of the tag teams were beter and the four in the main evnet (the truth, chritian, jarret and the other dude)

not a joke, but it isn't good compared to wwe (in my opinion and if you don't agree thats perfectly fine by me)
You watched one show, you saw maybe 1/4th of the talent roster in that hour (which is again, TNA's largest problem) so I'd say you don't have the knowledgebase to form a legitimite opinon yet.The tag team wrestling blows WWE out of the water, serious name 5 good tag teams in WWE (there might be 2). The X-Division is better than anything WWE is doing, and there wasnt even a X-Division match this week.Abyss is the best big man in the buisness, they don't make him out to be some indestructible force that never falls over like big show, kane etc... He can actually take a fall and not look like a functional retard.Samoa Joe is a beast, the buy is freaky athletic considering his body type and I don't think I have ever seen one of his matches that was bad.You haven't even seen AJ Styles yet, and he carries more talent in his left nut than most the WWE roster.Not to mention, the crowds at TNA events are more fun to listen to.
i really didn't like him and thought he was one of the worse ones. it was obvious ot me what he was going to do when he did them. i think all of the tag teams were beter and the four in the main evnet (the truth, chritian, jarret and the other dude)
The other dude was Christopher Daniels, is arguably the most talented guy in the ring during that match.
You haven't even seen Christopher Daniels yet, and he carries more talent in his left nut than most the WWE roster.
FYP. easily one of the best guys going in the business right now. I've been a massive fan of his for years. He is also arguably the top guy right now when it comes to promos that is currently working. He blows almost every WWE wrestler out of the water when it comes to promos