Official Fcppc Low Buyin Event Thread

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see me on there; I've missed weeks 3/4 due to some unluckiness. If i'm completely out of the running I'm not going to show on Friday. Let me know.
you arent completely out of the running yet, but you might be by friday. You'd have to win friday to have any sort of chance tho.
you arent completely out of the running yet, but you might be by friday. You'd have to win friday to have any sort of chance tho.
Meh, count me out then. I'm not going to waste a Fri. night for a mathematically possible shot. Don't want to ruin anyone else's chance to qualify if I busted them anyway. Good luck all.
Meh, count me out then. I'm not going to waste a Fri. night for a mathematically possible shot. Don't want to ruin anyone else's chance to qualify if I busted them anyway. Good luck all.
By not playing you are already having an effect on the event.
you already paid to play in the SNG, and have a shot at getting $40 back...

Should I even bother playing tonight? I run horribly bad on FCP and it's not even worth it to play. And I'm confused on the $50 thing, am I getting that back regardless or did I have to do well for that? If all hope is lost, let me know so I don't waste 5.50 tonight.

Should I even bother playing tonight? I run horribly bad on FCP and it's not even worth it to play. And I'm confused on the $50 thing, am I getting that back regardless or did I have to do well for that? If all hope is lost, let me know so I don't waste 5.50 tonight.
you already paid $5 for this match, so you may as well play...
you already paid $5 for this match, so you may as well play...
Well I sat around FCP for a few hours waiting for the tourneys to pop up so I could register since I had some things to do. I look back now and it just started and I missed it. :club: Wish it would've been open earlier so I could get in.

This is total bs people not showing up for the last match. I even see one person that is locked in that didn't play. I think that is classless unless he had a VERY good excuse. That is just like giving someone free points. I will not participate inthis again unless there are rules against no shows! Typical poor sports, "I can't improve so screw it!". You don't see that in sports, if teams didn't show for their lame duck games they would be fined heavily by the league. I realize it is different, but also the same. I just don't like the fact that last place that showed tonight got 4 points when I had to fight to get 4 points in the last match. :club:

This is total bs people not showing up for the last match. I even see one person that is locked in that didn't play. I think that is classless unless he had a VERY good excuse. That is just like giving someone free points. I will not participate inthis again unless there are rules against no shows! Typical poor sports, "I can't improve so screw it!". You don't see that in sports, if teams didn't show for their lame duck games they would be fined heavily by the league. I realize it is different, but also the same. I just don't like the fact that last place that showed tonight got 4 points when I had to fight to get 4 points in the last match. :club:
It's a huge disadvantage for those of us on the bubble who had to face 7 other people. There were a coulple people in the match today who were also on the bubble that passed me and Estorm because of how the points were given out. I guess we can work on these issues for the next one so we dont run into this problem again. Gracias Amigo!

Should have been a DQ clause for next season if any player fails to show up the last week or something along those lines, eh?

I fought for you bubble guys and knocked a couple of them down a place in our 5-man tourney last night. Unfortunately I couldn't outlast MoChips and got my 3rd second place, which gets me nothing. At least I took back 1st overall, which also gets me nothing, except the pride of knowing I kicked all of your asses.XX44466XX, you got your shot. Win your match and you beat me for 1st OA. Otherwise, I got you. Good luck...not.Freak can also do it, but he's not my rival so it wouldn't mean as much.We do need something like the season ending freeroll that the FCPHUL had, to get more people to show up for their matches. Our 5 player match and the high buy-in's 4 player match were a disgrace.

What about the person who didn't make last weeks game and shorted me $5 for the win ? I feel I will suffer the curse of the Bunny this week. :D
Be prepared to suffer. :club:

There will be more strict rules to deal with no shows next run. I am very disappointed in the turnout for the last match. Save wandigo, where it was bad timing on both our parts, there is no excuse for missing a match. You are given the option to use a substitute for a reason. The next run will see much more severe penalties being levied for no shows.

There will be more strict rules to deal with no shows next run. I am very disappointed in the turnout for the last match. Save wandigo, where it was bad timing on both our parts, there is no excuse for missing a match. You are given the option to use a substitute for a reason. The next run will see much more severe penalties being levied for no shows.
outstanding response zstlooking forward to season2
That is all I can ask for. (Especially after the initial case of redass had wore off)
I'm sorry, but the last 2 posts are too muchNH sir!
I screwed up. I apologize, I have no excuse, it was not intentional -- the whole time I thought I was playing Wed 10/18 not Tuesday -- anything I can do to make it up let me know
I screwed up. I apologize, I have no excuse, it was not intentional -- the whole time I thought I was playing Wed 10/18 not Tuesday -- anything I can do to make it up let me know
Sometimes a sincere apology is all that is needed. I wish that more people in this world would just own up to their shortcomings.

Announcements