Official Fcppc Low Buyin Event Thread

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really looking forward to this and I have a couple of things going for me:1) No Bunny. 2) I wasn't picked to win so no preasure.3) No Bunny !!4) I never get aces. Good luck guys !!
Awwwww come on. Admit it. You'll miss me. :club:

zsta didn't show up, so we started our own tourney. I won the first round, thanks to a few suckouts against mochips, who had a lot mo chips than me. It looks like tobey is posting full results. See you in the next round.

zsta didn't show up, so we started our own tourney. I won the first round, thanks to a few suckouts against mochips, who had a lot mo chips than me. It looks like tobey is posting full results. See you in the next round.
I appreciate you all taking initiative and getting these done by yourselves. I came home from work last night and my internet was down... after it not coming back up by the time I was done with supper, got the runaround by comcast (apparently the service was cancelled april 30th... even though we were getting billed and service continued... got that straightened around... so that they could tell me I need a new modem... screw comcast... I should be back online tonight.

On Halloween? Awww what the fuxor. I wanted to get dressed up and go out drinking. Can I use my substitute, Balloonguy?

On Halloween? Awww what the fuxor. I wanted to get dressed and go out drinking. Can I use my substitute, Balloonguy?
Trust me, letting Yoda get dressed before drinking is a good thing!

Predictions....Quarter 1:1st sloshr2nd cdipierrQuarter 2:1st ol'number72nd yodaSemi 1:sloshr def. yoda in 3Semi 2:ol'number7 def. cdipierr in 3Final:sloshr def. ol'number7 in 4matches are up... tonight's password is loq1 tomorrows loq2

Sorry that I'm out of it, but when I joined this, I was under the impression that I was getting some (if not all) of the $50, or the buy-ins that I paid, back. Is this true and do I have to wait until it's all over, or am I misunderstood?Sincerely,The biggest loser of the league :club:

Sorry that I'm out of it, but when I joined this, I was under the impression that I was getting some (if not all) of the $50, or the buy-ins that I paid, back. Is this true and do I have to wait until it's all over, or am I misunderstood?Sincerely,The biggest loser of the league :club:
you get what you spent in buyins back (which is $20 for you), and it is all getting paid out after the tournament is done, which is friday... so you should get that this weekend.

Thanks for the wishes and the warning, Ben. Thought you might be interested in one of the key hands in the quarters. 3 handed, I was in the SB with 64s against PLogan in the BB with 33. I forget the preflop action, but the flop was rags, 9(?)43, and we both checked. Turn was a 6, I bet my 2 pair, he raised his set, and I called. River was a 4 that brought a possible flush, but gave me your famous 44466. I hoped he hit a flush and pushed for around 1.5 X the pot, with him having me covered. Of course he insta-called with his lower FH, expecting to bust me, but ending up short stacked and getting knocked out shortly after. I guess Ben's thoughts were really with me on that hand.Good match everyone. Toby had some tough luck and went out fairly early. Humor99 was down to 400 after his KK vs PLogan's AA, but we couldn't finish him off and he came back to win it. Actually we could have fininshed him off, but I blew it:I made my normal, smallish raise from the button with 43s, PL called from the SB, and Humor pushed his short stack from the BB. I was the middle stack and would have called with the live cards heads up, but didn't like the fact that I had total junk and PL was behind me. I also knew PL was calling and didn't want to triple up Humor, which would have given him almost as many chips as me in what was essentially a supersatellite. I took most of my time, but mucked, PL called, Humor was ahead AK to QT? and won after they both missed. However, if I called, I'm sure we would have checked it down, and a 3 came on the turn, so I would have knocked him out with a lowly pair of 3's. My fault, sorry PLogan.After that, Humor played great and I just couldn't stop him.

Thanks sloshr. I did get a few good run of cards to help me get back into the game. I felt pretty deflated after my KK ran into AA, that was the last hand I expected to run into.To be fair, I got a sick run of cards heads up and it was pretty ridiculous how many hands I was hitting on the flop or turn.GG to everyone that played!

It was a good match. A few comments.KK vs. AA ... I *never* and I mean *never* limp AA, but sloshr was raising every pot, so I figured I could get a chance to playback big time here. You raised and sloshr folded(?...maybe postflop?) ... I figured I'd just call to try to setup a monster pot. If I had known you were that strong, it's an obvious raise, but we kept playing small ball and I was looking for the homerun here. Turns out it could have happened preflop, but postflop the action was basically the same on a Q high board.The AK hand, I had Q9s, and didn't love to call, I was really hoping for sloshr to call and then checkdown as I was trying to make it obvious at that point with my chiplead that I'd try to play pots to knock someone out. Oh well.33 vs. 46. The flop was suited, so I was sort of looking for a few safe cards (in retrospect I should have played it faster), and again to play a big pot. I got my wish, but the 4 wasn't safe afterall. Whoops.Anyway, it was fun. I wish I had played with sloshr before during the prelims because I wasn't really quite expecting that level of agression. I haven't played short handed in a while, and a parade of J3, Q2, etc. was killing my will to playback.

It was a good match. A few comments.KK vs. AA ... I *never* and I mean *never* limp AA, but sloshr was raising every pot, so I figured I could get a chance to playback big time here. You raised and sloshr folded(?...maybe postflop?) ... I figured I'd just call to try to setup a monster pot. If I had known you were that strong, it's an obvious raise, but we kept playing small ball and I was looking for the homerun here. Turns out it could have happened preflop, but postflop the action was basically the same on a Q high board.The AK hand, I had Q9s, and didn't love to call, I was really hoping for sloshr to call and then checkdown as I was trying to make it obvious at that point with my chiplead that I'd try to play pots to knock someone out. Oh well.33 vs. 46. The flop was suited, so I was sort of looking for a few safe cards (in retrospect I should have played it faster), and again to play a big pot. I got my wish, but the 4 wasn't safe afterall. Whoops.Anyway, it was fun. I wish I had played with sloshr before during the prelims because I wasn't really quite expecting that level of agression. I haven't played short handed in a while, and a parade of J3, Q2, etc. was killing my will to playback.
Me? Raise every pot? You have to be kidding, I only raise solid hands. Maybe we were watching different matches. The AA vs KK hand, I had 82 in the BB, and while I thought about reraising, I never actually reraise with less than 84 in that spot, you have to at least be able to make a straight. Even then, I would only reraise if I really felt it was coming.Honestly, cdipierr, we did play in at least one of the prelims, since I had you tabbed as a tight, solid player. I figured that with you behind me, I might be raising a bit, though that would not surprise anyone who has played a tournament with me. However, it would greatly surprise anyone who has played a cash game with me. I play totally differently. I think playing the heads-up league gave me an advantage in these shorthanded matches. I recommend that anyone who can get a spot in the HU league next year should do so. It lets you work on your shorthanded game while having a lot of fun and making new friends.
gg 4loM, I hate AK period. Rookie mistake, should've folded, gl all
gg to you too. I like to think I earned the call at the end when I added in "no show this time". I hit a lot of sets that match it was pretty insane. Believe it or not Brandywine won the match after my AK couldn't hold up vs QQ and then I ran into KK. So I am with you on the I hate AK.

Reminder, both semifinal matches are tonight... and the entire best of 3 series will be played. Prior to your match you must be 'checked in'... just register for the fcp_star_lo match to check in. At 10 you may unregister and the two quarterfinal winners will make heads up matches (Kei and Brandywine), switching for the 2nd match, and switching back for the third if necessary.Matchups are: Kei vs Yoda, Brandywine vs sloshrMy predictions... Yoda and sloshr both in 3 matches

Honestly, cdipierr, we did play in at least one of the prelims, since I had you tabbed as a tight, solid player. I figured that with you behind me, I might be raising a bit, though that would not surprise anyone who has played a tournament with me. However, it would greatly surprise anyone who has played a cash game with me. I play totally differently. I think playing the heads-up league gave me an advantage in these shorthanded matches. I recommend that anyone who can get a spot in the HU league next year should do so. It lets you work on your shorthanded game while having a lot of fun and making new friends.
Ok, yea we played the very first prelim I guess, but it was a while ago and hadn't really watched your style as well as I should. Good tip about the HU league, but it's a bit out of my price range.Again congrats, and gl.
Nice job Yoda. Well done.
Thank you sir. It was a crazy heads up match. In match 1 sloshr was sitting on a pretty big hand and let me keep betting my underpair, however I made the 2 outer on the river and then he called my all in. Pretty lucky. Match 2 I think I just played great and won that to take the 2-0 lead. Match 3 he hit everything and won pretty easily. Match 4 he just out-played me in some key hands and he won that as well. Match 5 on the very first hand he had QQ and I flopped trips. That crippled half his stack. I proceeded to make a flush and a set to finish him.gg to Sloshy and everyone else who participated.And thanks again to Zsta for running the event. Let me stake you in something on stars some time :club:

Announcements