Official Fcppc Low Buyin Event Thread

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is total bs people not showing up for the last match. I even see one person that is locked in that didn't play. I think that is classless unless he had a VERY good excuse. That is just like giving someone free points. I will not participate inthis again unless there are rules against no shows! Typical poor sports, "I can't improve so screw it!". You don't see that in sports, if teams didn't show for their lame duck games they would be fined heavily by the league. I realize it is different, but also the same. I just don't like the fact that last place that showed tonight got 4 points when I had to fight to get 4 points in the last match. :club:
I totally agree with EStormOK. Anyone who merely showed up got 5 points on Tuesday for the hi buy-in and I had to fight to get 5 points total in my first 3 matches :D That being said I think Zsta has some good new rules for next season and as I mentioned before, I think an additional tie breaker should be added to consider 'total opponents outlasted/defeated' to factor into the DNS. Just my $0.02. OK, I'll head back to my cave now before you guys kick me out of this thread :D

Just a notice... we will be starting slightly late tonight, no more than 10 minutes... I have an unavoidable event... but I'll rush to be here as on time as I can... cya all tonight

I apologize to anyone I may have burned by not showing up for last Thursday's match. I completely forgot about it. Didn't mean to screw anyone. :club: In hindsight I wish I hadn't forgotten, as I would have a much better chance of advancing than I do now...J-M

I screwed up. I apologize, I have no excuse, it was not intentional -- the whole time I thought I was playing Wed 10/18 not Tuesday -- anything I can do to make it up let me know
I apologize to anyone I may have burned by not showing up for last Thursday's match. I completely forgot about it. Didn't mean to screw anyone. :club: In hindsight I wish I hadn't forgotten, as I would have a much better chance of advancing than I do now...J-M
YOU BOTH OWE ME $5!

Alright... final match of the prelims tonight... here is another quick breakdown...Clinched a spot:sloshrAcesFull333freak2304brvheartol'number7XX44466XXMoChipsPlesetobytobeycdipierrblazerp0410vvganeshavvCanuckickstanJdr999yodaAllieKeiBrandywineThat's 17 people... now the people who are out...EStormOKjowestIgnitionnotbad4agirldonkslayerWalter SobchekWandigoBearCanada8 people cant make it... leaving 7 people waiting on the 3 last spots...3 of these people have played their match, and now it is just a waiting game.... these people are:Mercury69_outkicked_Flyingdonkeymercury needs either ChrisRichey and nickforgot to get worse than 1st, jadetiger to get worse then 4th, or zsta2k6 to get worse than 5th.outkicked needs 3 of the following to happen:chrisrichey finish worse than 2ndnickforgot finish worse than 2ndjadetiger finish worse than 5thzsta2k6 finish worse than 6thFlyingDonkey needs all of those to happen.Now, for either chrisrichey or nickforgot to advance, they will need the following:finish ahead of the other onewin or place second with zsta finishing worse than 6th and jadetiger finishing worse than 5th3rd or worse and chrisrichey or nickforgot are gone.for jadetiger to advance, 4th will clinch indefinately, and 5th will clinch if either zsta finishes worse than that, or either chrisrichey and nickforgot dont end up in the top 2. 6th or worse and jadetiger will be eliminatedfor zsta to advance, he will need 5th to clinch indefinately, or 6th will clinch if either jadetiger finishes worse than 4th, or chrisrichey and nickforgot dont end up in the top 2. 7th or worse and zsta will be eliminated.And that is what tonights match means in the low

Since Brandywine and Mercury both have 21 points, why is brandywine secure and Mercury not?

Also if Mercury needs two guys to not finish first, doesn't that mean he's automatically in since there's no way two guys can get first?

Since Brandywine and Mercury both have 21 points, why is brandywine secure and Mercury not?
Also if Mercury needs two guys to not finish first, doesn't that mean he's automatically in since there's no way two guys can get first?
I love you both.

First hand last night:BearCanada all in followed by Allie and CDPier(I think)Bear 77Allie AACD JJand the A's hold. I think the flop held 3 10's as well. If Freak would have called, he definatly would have had a 10. What a luckbox, cardrack, Jamie Gold lover... Just jokin. GG all.

brandywine has the tiebreaker over mercury, and there are only enough people to jump ahead of one, not both.
reading comprehension... he needs chrisrichey and spence to get worse than first... meaning if one of those two get first, and me and jade do good enough, he is gone. Only one of them needs to win, not both.. oh yeah... dont come in dead last tonight :club:
First hand last night:BearCanada all in followed by Allie and CDPier(I think)Bear 77Allie AACD JJand the A's hold. I think the flop held 3 10's as well. If Freak would have called, he definatly would have had a 10. What a luckbox, cardrack, Jamie Gold lover... Just jokin. GG all.
I really didnt think I'd have to give half a point out this season...
haha, love it. my ill-timed bluff kept me from my 3rd win last night though. See everyone in the next round.Freak
2 Members: Allie, XX44466XXHello there Nemesis. See you in the next round. :DI'm gonna kick your azz this time hehe
Don't be all hostile towards me; I didn't pick the fight.It's like Gary was treating you like his pit bull; be mad at him.I like bunnies.They're warm and soft and furry.Or is that pussies? :club:

anybody in the next round want to make a last longer bet?? I'll take on all comers, but just one. Whoever's the first. I was thinking buy-in to the next FCPPC. If anyone's interested, first one to post it, IT'S ON! :-)

anybody in the next round want to make a last longer bet?? I'll take on all comers, but just one. Whoever's the first. I was thinking buy-in to the next FCPPC. If anyone's interested, first one to post it, IT'S ON! :-)
Ummm...

Why has the start time moved up 1 1/2 hours? This is not good.EDIT: nm. I just realized that we play 2 tourneys in the same night.

I hate to be a pain in the butt right at the start of this thing, but I'm scheduled for Thursday night and it's bad for me. Is it possible to trade? Or does that screw things up, since the schedule is based on rankings? Z? :club::D

I hate to be a pain in the butt right at the start of this thing, but I'm scheduled for Thursday night and it's bad for me. Is it possible to trade? Or does that screw things up, since the schedule is based on rankings? Z? :club::D
erm... no... cant trade in the playoffs... however, if you can persuade the other 4 people in your group to move to friday, that would be fine...

Announcements