Would Bill Gates Go To Hell?

he's donating like 26billion dollars to charity. if he didnt believe in god would he still go to hell?if you live your whole life helping people and being a good person, following all of jesus's teachings, but you dont believe in god are you going to hell? would god send someone who denies him to hell even though their entire life was devoted to being a good person? say they were a firefighter or peace corp worker, or soup kitchen director. everything they did was good, they just don't belive in god. i want to hear opinions from believers and non believers.
Bill Gates and others like him would be first in line for heaven. It is the soul that matters and the spirit within. For example, do you think a man who attends church every Sunday and believes in God, but robs old ladies is going to heaven? Of course not. I believe one must have virtue to enter the gates of heaven. (gates of heaven--nice play on words!)
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point of the OT Law was to be hard. The Jews/Humanity screwed up and so they had to pay for their sins. God then gave them an easy option as he had done in the past. All it simply implied was they believe in a person that they were foretold would come. With this Savior came a dismissal of all the laws of the OT.

Its just that it was mentioned the idea of heaven and what came before Jesus, it would have to be a look at the jewish religion. I mean of course there are many different religions all having their different belief of afterlife. I didn't think we wanted every religious version and variation of afterlife before Jesus.I don't believe the Jews belief in conversion, so there would be very few who believed in the Old Testiment who were not Jewish.
I'm no expert on Judaism, but I do believe that most Jews do not believe in conversion. However, there is a certain number of Jews who refer to to themselves as "Messianic Jews"-Jews who believe Jesus was Messiah. I met one these folks a few years ago, his name was Darren, he was a heck of a nice guy. He just briefly mentioned that most Orthodox Jews don't look at he and others like him as real Jews, but he says that's his heritage, they can't take it away from him. He just saw himself as a Jew who believed in Jesus as Lord.

This is a good example of how simple God's plan for man really is. Its not based on anything physical otherwise people would start to say "well bill gates spends more money so he gets in." God has forced you to follow him in belief alone and doesnt allow you to have excuses.

Old Testament law. If you kept the law, when you diied you entered into paradise, just as we do now if we follow God's word.
So which part of the OT did they have to follow.....the "Thou shalt not kill" law or (for one example) the "Exodus 35:2 [KJV] Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death. [NIV] For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death" law?
The point of the OT Law was to be hard. The Jews/Humanity screwed up and so they had to pay for their sins. God then gave them an easy option as he had done in the past. All it simply implied was they believe in a person that they were foretold would come. With this Savior came a dismissal of all the laws of the OT.
Yet somehow Christians (and Jews for that matter) still pick and choose which ideas/laws still apply.... It's all very politically correct. :club:

I haven't read responses yet, but I think that when somebody acquires incredible wealth like Bill Gates did it's his responsibility to share it. Giving away billions of dollars doesn't make him a better person than somebody who gives $100 to charity; he's just richer.

Yet somehow Christians (and Jews for that matter) still pick and choose which ideas/laws still apply.... It's all very politically correct. :club:
politicians are politically correct. I would expect people to get called out when they mess up. I honestly believe true christians do try their best to live up to the standards set by Jesus. The problem is perfection is pretty darn hard to attain. Everybody slips up at one time or another. Thats just the reality of living in a world with sin
I'm no religious scholar, but I do believe Christianity teaches that you have to accept Jesus Christ as your savior to go to heaven.I could be wrong
You are correct.
I think it's a wording issue.You could also say How can a poor person get to heaven, when Bill Gates can buy his way in.I want to win the lottery, I'm a good person, and I would help people if I win. BUT I don't want to have to buy a ticket. I think that is a stupid rule.The lottery people are evil for not letting me win just because I didn't follow their stupid close-minded rules.
Wow... balloonguy, your posts are getting good... nh.
i don't think bill gates would want to go to heaven
Sometimes you seem really stupid.
What were the requirements for Heaven before Jesus was born?What were the requirements for Heaven before Jesus was born?
People had to make regular sacrifices to cleanse their sins. That was Jesus' message, that you now only need to accept him as the only sacrifice.
Bill Gates and others like him would be first in line for heaven. It is the soul that matters and the spirit within. For example, do you think a man who attends church every Sunday and believes in God, but robs old ladies is going to heaven? Of course not. I believe one must have virtue to enter the gates of heaven. (gates of heaven--nice play on words!)
We don't know Bill Gates or his heart. Only God does. Sin can NOT enter heaven. The only way to have no sin, is Jesus' death on the cross. If you believe it, that sacrifice will cover your sins and you will be able to enter heaven. So if Bill Gates doesn't accept Jesus' sacrifice before he dies, he will still have sin in his heart and therefore will not be allowed into heaven. It pretty simple really.

Remember that dude that used to always hang out at football games with the John 3:16 sign. Here is the reference.16“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. 17“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. 18“He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19“This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil. 20“For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21“But he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God.”

politicians are politically correct. I would expect people to get called out when they mess up. I honestly believe true christians do try their best to live up to the standards set by Jesus. The problem is perfection is pretty darn hard to attain. Everybody slips up at one time or another. Thats just the reality of living in a world with sin
That is why Paul said " That which I hate, I do. " Perfection IS unattainable. The reward is in the effort. Nice post, Matt.
Remember that dude that used to always hang out at football games with the John 3:16 sign.
you mean the lunatic who is serving a life sentence for kidnapping a hostage because he thought the world was coming to an end? great representative to spread the word lol.
you mean the lunatic who is serving a life sentence for kidnapping a hostage because he thought the world was coming to an end? great representative to spread the word lol.
aren't most religious people lunatics?ummm, maybe fanatics is better word
he's donating like 26billion dollars to charity. if he didnt believe in god would he still go to hell?if you live your whole life helping people and being a good person, following all of jesus's teachings, but you dont believe in god are you going to hell? would god send someone who denies him to hell even though their entire life was devoted to being a good person? say they were a firefighter or peace corp worker, or soup kitchen director. everything they did was good, they just don't belive in god. i want to hear opinions from believers and non believers.
Doesnt a camel have a better chance of passing through the eye of a needle than a rich man getting into heaven?
I was trying to respect their forum, even though my true feelings on this subject kind of "differ" from theirs.
WOW . . . respect . . . what a novel concept. I'm guessing you are older than most on here then. Respect seems to be an old school philosophy these days. You must be in your 30's or older (like me). Oh . . . and thank you.
Doesnt a camel have a better chance of passing through the eye of a needle than a rich man getting into heaven?
Fun fact: The eye of the needle is/was a specific gate in Jerusalem.
Fun fact: The eye of the needle is/was a specific gate in Jerusalem.
Or, it's just reffering to an eye of a needle- interestingly enough, the scripture would still be making the same point. Money brings power and temptation, as any honest person who has it will tell you, and it makes it harder to walk a christ like walk. Duh.
Or, it's just reffering to an eye of a needle- interestingly enough, the scripture would still be making the same point. Money brings power and temptation, as any honest person who has it will tell you, and it makes it harder to walk a christ like walk. Duh.
I don't get why you flamed someone for just stating a fun fact.
I don't get why you flamed someone for just stating a fun fact.
Yeah, how un-Christian.(Okay, now I deserve it.)Lois, you said, "Or, it's just reffering to an eye of a needle- interestingly enough, the scripture would still be making the same point. Money brings power and temptation, as any honest person who has it will tell you, and it makes it harder to walk a christ like walk. Duh."I think they make similar points, but not identical ones. A camel going through the literal eye of a needle is an absolute impossibilty whereas travelling through the gate would simply be difficult. I guess it comes down to whether you think rich people have any chance or salvation. Leaving the religious aspect aside, I like my version better. The visual of a few people trying to shove a camel through a tiny portal is kind of funny.