6-handed 1/2NLI have $350, villain has $600.Villain and I had battled a little early on, but he began staying away from me a little. The other 4 people had much shorter stacks and it seemed that the 2 of us were the only ones who knew how to play. At one point he berated me for calling a large riverbet with 4th pair and taking the pot from him, but like I said...he has since tightened up. Since then, I don't think I'd seen any of his hands (we were beating up on the shortstacks.)I have A :club: A :D Villain is BB.UTG raises to 71 fold.I raise to 18 in CO.Button and SB fold.BB calls.UTG folds.flop (44) 2 :D 3 :) 4 :D Check, I bet 30, he calls.Turn (104) A :) He leads 75, I....

Either raise or fold. Calling is out of the question. You're probably behind and you're relying on pairing the board on the river to win.You have to have 4:1 pot odds to justify seeing the river. You have to call 75 into a 189 pot. You're getting less than 3:1 against a player who you claim has recently tightened up.I fold. It's a hard laydown, but I'm convinced that I'm behind based on what you said.

i push. i mean, if he caught trips on the flop you have him...he'd have to have something like ak or ak of clubs if he was calling that 30 bet on the flop (i mean its possible kq suited but ehhh)....and i wouldnt imagine youre very worried about a5. Logically, i think its an easy all in - but for my sake, post what you think beats you here, im curious

Either raise or fold. Calling is out of the question. You're probably behind and you're relying on pairing the board on the river to win.You have to have 4:1 pot odds to justify seeing the river. You have to call 75 into a 189 pot. You're getting less than 3:1 against a player who you claim has recently tightened up.I fold. It's a hard laydown, but I'm convinced that I'm behind based on what you said.
What range do you put him on?I'm not convinced of a simple: there's a flush out there and he's betting I must be beat...He MUST have a flush or a five in his hand to be ahead.He cold called 8bb's preflop.Where do you put him?
What range do you put him on?I'm not convinced of a simple: there's a flush out there and he's betting I must be beat...He MUST have a flush or a five in his hand to be ahead.He cold called 8bb's preflop.Where do you put him?
Exactly. We have noticed he has tightened up so what do we put him on calling our preflop reraise?I can't imagine he has called us with K high suited?? AK is obv a chance but we now know he doesn't have the A of clubs. Has he made this bet with the case A and the K of clubs? Now we come to the pairs, how low will he go in calling your reraise. Is 55 in his range?How often have you reraised preflop? I ask this because if you are only doing it with the most premium of hands he may have really narrowed your range and called you with a low pair in the hope of taking your entire stack off you. For me I'm only really worried about 55. I think I push. If he insta calls we still have up to 10 outs I think.
6-handed 1/2NLI have $350, villain has $600.Villain and I had battled a little early on, but he began staying away from me a little. The other 4 people had much shorter stacks and it seemed that the 2 of us were the only ones who knew how to play. At one point he berated me for calling a large riverbet with 4th pair and taking the pot from him, but like I said...he has since tightened up. Since then, I don't think I'd seen any of his hands (we were beating up on the shortstacks.)I have A :club: A :D Villain is BB.UTG raises to 71 fold.I raise to 18 in CO.Button and SB fold.BB calls.UTG folds.flop (44) 2 :D 3 :) 4 :D Check, I bet 30, he calls.Turn (104) A :) He leads 75, I....
I'd make larger wagers both preflop and on the flop. YMMV.Like you commented later, he could have a lot of different things here. Obviously a flush is possible. If he has the case ace, he could easily have called the flop with two-overs, a gut-shot, and possibly a three flush. A pocket pair with a club might lead out here, too. Or 55 for the straight.I don't know your man, but I wonder if he wouldn't make a play on the flop with a hand like K :) Q :club: or an overpair. The action makes me lean toward an ace. But there is just the one left.I'm going to say raise, but I don't love it.

Given the stack sizes, any 45 or 56 suited could be in his range as well. He figures that you have a large pocket pair and could stack you with exactly this type of flop.Given that you think he knows how to play, do you think he would still try this even though he has tightened up.Naturally, with 45, it would most likely be 4 :club: 5 :D .

Given the stack sizes, any 45 or 56 suited could be in his range as well. He figures that you have a large pocket pair and could stack you with exactly this type of flop.Given that you think he knows how to play, do you think he would still try this even though he has tightened up.Naturally, with 45, it would most likely be 4 :club: 5 :D .
IMHO, it would be remarkably passive for our villain to flat call the flop with a hand like 4 :D 5 :D.

Definitely raise more preflop, your basically pricing him in with almost 95% of his holdings.In turn I like a bigger sized flop bet. Pot at the minimum but I'm probably going to overbet the pot to price him out of the hand and if he calls hes making a bad call if drawing. This type of betting is discussed extensively in Skalanskys NLHE Theory.As played I call and hope to boat or get a cheap river showdown.

IMHO, it would be remarkably passive for our villain to flat call the flop with a hand like 4 :club: 5 :D.
Agreed, less likely of the two hands.I think the real interesting question is why did he lead out on the turn. It suggests to me that he eather fears the ace of clubs and wants to find out where he's at and protect his strong hand (meaning he's got something like 56 not in clubs or perhaps trips), he is trying to bluff you two ways (meaning he's guessing that you might have KK, QQ, JJ and would fear both the ace and the flush), or he's hit his draw (KQ of clubs, 55, 45, etc.)Certainly, a reraise of his 75 would answer the question, but I think any significant reraise would committ you. In the end, it depends on your cash game philosophy. Do you go to war with trips on a clearly scary board or don't you? He just threw down a bet that says, let's tango for your stack. Given that your image seems to be TAG, there is no reason to believe that he doesn't have something that beats you. At the same time, you probably have outs.Flip a coin and pray =)
Definitely raise more preflop, your basically pricing him in with almost 95% of his holdings.
? The inital raiser didn't call. It was the BB. But I am surprised the initial raiser didnt' call given that someone else called. He was probably priced in.
? The inital raiser didn't call. It was the BB. But I am surprised the initial raiser didnt' call given that someone else called. He was probably priced in.
Preflop with aces, I'm not afraid to "price in" the initial raiser. The reraise was to knock out the blinds and make sure it's heads up.The flop is relatively innocuous, so 70% bet is standard.I'm not looking to change my plays on any street--> I'm looking to analyze what range the villain has such that we know: 1. what percentage of the time are we ahead2. do we have fold equity against 55 no clubs (probably not)3. how do we get all of a smaller set's chips4. is a flush going to fold if the board pairs (ie should i push now...)5. ...etc
Preflop with aces, I'm not afraid to "price in" the initial raiser. The reraise was to knock out the blinds and make sure it's heads up.The flop is relatively innocuous, so 70% bet is standard.I'm not looking to change my plays on any street--> I'm looking to analyze what range the villain has such that we know: 1. what percentage of the time are we ahead2. do we have fold equity against 55 no clubs (probably not)3. how do we get all of a smaller set's chips4. is a flush going to fold if the board pairs (ie should i push now...)5. ...etc
1. Given the range of 55, 56 (suited and off), 22, 33, 44, AK, KQ clubs, 45 clubs, I'd say that you'd be ahead about 40% to 50% of the time. 2. You're right, no.3. Depends on the player. Can he fold trips. Sort of the same question for yourself right now. If he can't then, just push. If he can, call and hope he bets a safe river.4. Probably not if he has KQ, other flushes maybe. I'd push here. If you're playing this hand, you're pushing this turn.
fold and buy yourself a stick of gum. while chewing it, contemplate how you almost didn't have the opportunity to get that sugarry goodness that now rests under your tongue. consider that you could've bought a redbull instead if you'd won the pot, but quickly flush that from your mind as you go back to admiring all that is gum.
somebody didn't take their jolly pill today
Any plans on letting us know how the hand finally played out? I'm really interested in finding out what he has called you preflop with.
fold and buy yourself a stick of gum. while chewing it, contemplate how you almost didn't have the opportunity to get that sugarry goodness that now rests under your tongue. consider that you could've bought a redbull instead if you'd won the pot, but quickly flush that from your mind as you go back to admiring all that is gum.
I love your avatar, but PWNed by Zebra.