Nickel/dime, Yo (.05/.10 Nlhe)

Home Game .05/.10 NLHE (4-handed)Cobalt $3.25BB $4.50Button $5Cobalt is SB w/ A :club: 8 :D. Button is a competent LAG. BB is fairly straight-forward. He's decently aggressive, but he'll back off if he encounters resistance. He hasn't pulled this min-raise line this session, but I know that he's capable of doing it with a range of hands. I've been playing fairly TAG.Pre-flop:1 fold, Button calls, Cobalt calls, BB raises to $.20, Button calls, Cobalt callsFlop ($.60): T :) 8 :) 4 :D (3 players)Cobalt checks, BB bets $.30, 1 fold, Cobalt callsTurn ($1.20): Q :D (2 players)Cobalt checks, BB checksRiver ($1.20): 3 :) (2 players)Cobalt checks, BB bets $.30, Cobalt foldsWhile I'm pondering the river call, BB remarks, "I'm just trying to steal some pots."I considered raising pre-flop, but I was decently sure that my opponents would call a reasonable raise, and I'd be stuck out of position. As for the flop, I'm checking to see what the BB will do, but I'm reasonably sure I have the best hand. I don't think a check-raise would be unreasonable in that spot, but again, I think I can get away with just calling and seeing what he'll do on the turn (he'd likely check without a pair).

Looking at your post count maybe i shouldn't be the one saying this but NL section is 6 forums up from here :club:
Saw a few NL posts in here, and I've always felt that this particular board should be considered "micro-stakes". There's actually nothing to denote it as exclusively SSLHE in the description (Discuss hands from micro limit games $1-2 and lower). If I'm intruding, I apologize. =)

meh, the tab says micro limit poker. that can be taken in several different ways, though. you'll probably get better advice in the NL section (well, i say that like half of them have a clue).I raise pf simply for value. As played I c/r the flop.As played I call the river. Even if he does have something huge it's only 1/4 of the pot. If nothing else you get a tell on him for a bigger hand later.

Home Game .05/.10 NLHE (4-handed)Cobalt $3.25BB $4.50Button $5Cobalt is SB w/ A :club: 8 :D. Button is a competent LAG. BB is fairly straight-forward. He's decently aggressive, but he'll back off if he encounters resistance. He hasn't pulled this min-raise line this session, but I know that he's capable of doing it with a range of hands. I've been playing fairly TAG.Pre-flop:1 fold, Button calls, Cobalt calls, BB raises to $.20, Button calls, Cobalt callsFlop ($.60): T :) 8 :) 4 :D (3 players)Cobalt checks, BB bets $.30, 1 fold, Cobalt callsTurn ($1.20): Q :D (2 players)Cobalt checks, BB checksRiver ($1.20): 3 :) (2 players)Cobalt checks, BB bets $.30, Cobalt foldsWhile I'm pondering the river call, BB remarks, "I'm just trying to steal some pots."I considered raising pre-flop, but I was decently sure that my opponents would call a reasonable raise, and I'd be stuck out of position. As for the flop, I'm checking to see what the BB will do, but I'm reasonably sure I have the best hand. I don't think a check-raise would be unreasonable in that spot, but again, I think I can get away with just calling and seeing what he'll do on the turn (he'd likely check without a pair).
so I guess 50 cents isnt taken out of every pot for a pizza fund?
I'd probably call this online, however since his remark seems as if he has a good hand, I'd tend to fold.
Yeah, I think I'd typically call this online also. For the amount of money at stake, I actually took a ridiculous amount of time thinking about whether to call the river. It's not the money involved...I just really wanted to make the right read/play. His manner just kept vibing strength. I wasn't quite sure what he had, but I felt like he was begging for a call. I folded. He showed J9. I felt good about myself. :club:

Results notwithstanding...I don't like a couple things about this hand.Position aside, I think a preflop raise has value 3-handed. Also, I think it's important to promote a LAGgy image 3-handed. You need to steal small pots and encourage the idea that you're always full of sh!t.I also like leading the flop. I'd probably slow down on the turn, and end up folding.However, I don't think the way you played it is bad. Those are purely stylistic preferences, and no limit is much more subjective anyway.I might be at the Auburn/UGA game... are you still over there at Auburn?

I might be at the Auburn/UGA game... are you still over there at Auburn?
Yup. I agree with you that LAG is good short-handed. I just wasn't fond of my position on these opponents in this particular hand.