Any Thoughts On The Islanders

They have the pieces, it will be up to Nolan to put them all together and make something out of them. There's no good reason why a team with Satan, Jason Blake, DiPietro, Tom Poti, Mike Sillinger, Yashin, Zhitnik, and Mike York can't be a contender. The Defense needs to up its game and DiPietro needs to be a stud between the sheets pipes for the Isles to have a chance. I think Nolan can get the job done if he can get the team to listen to him, but as the Marine Corps would say, there's a lot of "individuals" on that "team".

They have the pieces, it will be up to Nolan to put them all together and make something out of them. There's no good reason why a team with Satan, Jason Blake, DiPietro, Tom Poti, Mike Sillinger, Yashin, Zhitnik, and Mike York can't be a contender. The Defense needs to up its game and DiPietro needs to be a stud between the sheets pipes for the Isles to have a chance. I think Nolan can get the job done if he can get the team to listen to him, but as the Marine Corps would say, there's a lot of "individuals" on that "team".
the whole front office this is going to be such a running joke for the entire year. they have the talent but yeah, nolan is going to have to give them a kick in the ***. witt was a good pickup. i'm guessing if they squeek in, it'll be 8th. i think they'll finish probably 10th in the confrence.

Islanders hiring Snow was the strangest thing I've seen in the NHL ever...They're still trying to bounce back from the wasted Mike Millbury years... so many wasted draft picks...

It will all stop and start with Dipietro and they really need to start adding to some goaltending depth in the system. They have a lot of good F/D prospects coming up and the future will be bright if that as long as that dope Wang doesn’t screw it up.

It will all stop and start with Dipietro and they really need to start adding to some goaltending depth in the system. They have a lot of good F/D prospects coming up and the future will be bright if that as long as that dope Wang doesn’t screw it up.
snow as GM? think its too late, God wtf is snow doin as GM, i think they should give the islanders over to me so i can run it correctly, we shouldve had bertuzzi and loungo still.....sigh.......
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

I, for one, and SUPER excited about the news that the Islanders are moving to Brooklyn. Their old arena was a P.O.S. and was impossible to get to. This will completely open up a new world of games to me that are just as close to MSG (and closer than the Devils' arena, which really isn't all that far either). It will really transform the hockey landscape in NYC and will up the rivalry between the Islanders and Rangers. Plus, you know, people may actually go to their games, which is a plus.

Awesome news, if we ever get a league again, that is.

I, for one, and SUPER excited about the news that the Islanders are moving to Brooklyn. Their old arena was a P.O.S. and was impossible to get to. This will completely open up a new world of games to me that are just as close to MSG (and closer than the Devils' arena, which really isn't all that far either). It will really transform the hockey landscape in NYC and will up the rivalry between the Islanders and Rangers. Plus, you know, people may actually go to their games, which is a plus.

Awesome news, if we ever get a league again, that is.

move in 2015, by then hopefully they're playing hockey

I hate reading my old posts so, so much. Mike Sillinger? Seriously? Shut up 6-years ago Adam.

• Like 1

Only 14,500 seats at Brooklyn Arena for hockey

Islanders 2011/2012 average attendance: 13,191

So it's really not so bad. The franchise will make more money by being able to charge more in a premium market.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance/_/year/2012

I can't even read post of mine from 2 months ago without feeling shame and embarrasment.

The funny part is I just looked and Sillinger had himself a career season after I posted that. 59 points that year.

Only 14,500 seats at Brooklyn Arena for hockey

They'd be ridiculously happy to get that at the colosseum as it is.

Sure 14.5k is enough, especially in a market where, if they ever get good again, they can certainly charge a premium for tickets, base solely on supply/demand.

Still don't understand why they built the Barclays so small though. Seemed really short sighted at the time, and it's just proven now.

This is just one guys rather uneducated guess, but where I saw Barclays being built, it seemed really tight as it was. Not a lot of land at all, from a visitors point of view, who only did a drive by.

So really, I offer nothing substantial to any argument, just bragging that I drove in Brooklyn.

This is just one guys rather uneducated guess, but where I saw Barclays being built, it seemed really tight as it was. Not a lot of land at all, from a visitors point of view, who only did a drive by.

So really, I offer nothing substantial to any argument, just bragging that I drove in Brooklyn.

lol. I was on the tour bus when we drove by last year and said to my son hey that is where the New Jersey Nets were going to play.

I thought it was very small myself.