Online Tournament Players...i Have To Know?

Negative thinking about always losing leads to bad play leads to losing more than you should be IMO. WInning percentages are WINNING percentages for a reason. Try thinking positive and maybe you won't dwell on beats as much cause that hurts your game so much.
I can see how that might factor in early on when you might fold or not push because of negative feelings but I am talking about when you are feeling good. When you are late in a tourney and the blinds are big and the only move being made by anyone is All-In. You have enough chips to pick your spot and when you do go in you are a monster favorite. Feelings have no part here. You have the monster best hand and yet you know you will lose. I am 0:6 in that area in the last two days.Later on tonight I am playing for a seat to the Aruba Classic. I fully expect to get late into that tourney and to lose my first big hand when I either push ALL-In or Call an All-in and I am the monster favorite. Something like KK versus KQo will probably gut me tonight.
I honestly cannot remember ever sucking out on anybody when I was on the upside of my stack building.
Then you play way too passively, or your sample size is miniscule.I make good money playing tournaments, and take plenty of bad beats (and dish them out), but in the long run it evens out.Oh and don't forget to where a tinfoil hat.BBFIDTS

See it is feelings because you are thinking of short term results and then posting of your frustrations in the wrong forum. Perhaps realizing bad luck happens to all of us would save you from posting a worthless thread in general and sending it on down to the bad beat forum.

So you guys ( not Balloon_guy) never suck out even by accident when you jam with 1010 and get called by a higher pair?
After I am almost busted and am pushing in with almost any two cards I occasionally double up (suck out) before being busted. But I can never remember doubling up on the upside of my stack by sucking out.Of course I haven't played that many tourneys on line yet.

I've lost the last 6 sngs i've played, and each time All the money went in, I was a dog, usually a coinflip, but in the last sng I SOMEHOW GOT 4 handed..... And i went all in on the river w/ a battle of the blinds, board reading A 8 7 5 A.....Obviously he rivered the boat over my turned straight w/ 69 spades...It gets frustrating, but being such a small amount of sngs to judge, like your very small amount of beats you have described, I'm not really worried, just discouraged and dissapointed, since the level of play is so rediculously-horribly-wannakickababy-bad anywhere from $5-$10 stt's, and multi table sngs.Absolutely horrid.And it hurts that they win, but variance is variance.Remember, poker IS GAMBLING, and I think people don't remember that enough.Get 1 outted at a big point in a tourney and you will.

Then you play way too passively, or your sample size is miniscule.I make good money playing tournaments, and take plenty of bad beats (and dish them out), but in the long run it evens out.Oh and don't forget to where a tinfoil hat.BBFIDTS
My sample size is small. It is about 6 tourneys. But if the law of averages catch up to me then I am in for winning the next 600 of these situations where I get my money All-in with the best hand. I have yet to lose a tourney where I pushed my money in with the worst hand and simply did not catch. Every one has been a bad beat.
Is there any beats in tournaments that are not bad beats?Seriously......In the third tourney today I had KK in the small blind and the table bully who had the big stack raised about 1/2 my stack and called when I went All-In. He had KQ suited. I typed "its been a slice guys - I am dead" before the flop and when the board gave him a straight to the Q....
how does KQ make a Q straight?:club:

Bad beats are gonna happen, just dont let it shake you up too much. If you made the right play then don't sweat over it. You will give others bad beats just as often, the human mind has a tendancy to forget about all the bad beats that you give to other people though so it tends to seem like it only happens to you.This morning I lost with AA to J7....two 7's came out on the board. Ended up busting out on the bubble with that hand.

lol. the Aruba classic started at 8.30 and by 8.38 I was the first one busted. I picked up the Nut straight on the flop and after a big raise from one other player and one caller I pushed ALL-In trying to take the pot down now (flush draw on the board) and was called by a guy with trips. The board paired on the river and I am out. Not as bad a beat as the others I have had but the same result non-the-less. Money in with best hand = loss.It is too bad to because only 36 people entered the tournament and first prize is $10,000 (trip for two to Aruba, accomodations, tournament entry, spending money).

how does KQ make a Q straight?:club:
Board came 6,2, 9,10,J.
wait so you're saying you are getting your money in as a 100 to 1 favorite?
a slight exageration but not far off.

Here is my current "non-conspiracy theory" conspiracy theory about online poker. Most random card generators are made so tha each card comes up in each spot overall the percentage it is supposed to. So for instance an ace comes on the flop the right percentage of times, it comes on the turn the right percentaage of times, It comes in your hand and every other hand the right percentage of times and so onand so on. What is not kept track of as far as I know is how often the higher percentage hand wins going in to a show down. My theory is that random card generators are overly random (more random then a shuffled deck) thereby creating more bad beats. So it's not so much that it is rigged it's just that it's soo random that bad beats happen more often then they should. The cards fall in place the right percentages but in such a way that winning hands in a showdown don't hold up like they should on a percetage basis.Ok math wizzes, go ahead and shoot the theory down now. -Bear

Normally when I have KQ and have a straight to the queen.....most of the time it reaches to the king as well. Not all the time, but most of the time.