W S O P Jamie Gold Have Not Picked Up His Money

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also have one of those messages on my answering machine. Unfortunately it was from someone who didn't cash...
loltoo bad for you
haha, this thread is so malicious and naive
Why?Sprewell, you have 5 posts ion this forum. All 5 posts are defending Jamie Gold, and blasting anyone who is hating on him. Has Jamie Gold given anyone a reason to NOT despise him? Has he done anything that HASN'T embarrassed the poker world? Has he done anything that has shown he is actually an upstanding citizen. NO.By all accounts, and evidence, he is a liar, a weasel, and delusional.Why do you refuse to see this.
whats with WSOP main event players splitting their winnings because they cant afford the buy-in. i just heard that dannenmen did that last year.
he could afford the buy-in. he owns a very successful business, and the money wasn't important. he just didn't like the idea of paying 10K, so one of his friends in his home game went halfway with him, and they split the winnings.
now it proves the money they pour on the table is fake, how cool would it be to drive home w/ 12 million in cash :club:
You can still get them to give you the cash.I wouldn't expect to make it home alive, but it could be done.

when raymer won the ME he entered it by selling "shares" of himself like a major corporation does on the stock exchange. He got enough people together and made it so they make x% on their money if he wins i think of the 5 mill, he only got 1.7 or something

whats with WSOP main event players splitting their winnings because they cant afford the buy-in. i just heard that dannenmen did that last year.
You have never heard of of this before? Thousands of players have had "backers" or sold "shares" of themselves. It is as common as sliced bread (or something lol) It doesnt always have anything to do with affording the buy-in, in fact, quite often you'll find season professionals sharing points of themselves with each other. IE. Chan and Cloutier will swap 10% of themselves with each other and so on. Ted Forrest backs dozens of players in every tournament, in fact he used to back Scott Fischman as well.
when raymer won the ME he entered it by selling "shares" of himself like a major corporation does on the stock exchange. He got enough people together and made it so they make x% on their money if he wins i think of the 5 mill, he only got 1.7 or something
wrong-raymer sold parts of himself the year before he won. He won his seat on stars for the the year he won. He did not need to pay anyone a share that year.
If Gold can't get his money, then neither can Johnny Chan.
whoa. good thinking. has there been any stories about johnny not getting the share he thought he would?edit: looking over this now it may not be obvious that i was joking