Help Me Become A Better Online Poker Player!

I have honestly lost thousands of dollars playing online poker due to improper bankroll management, my playing ability, and just bad luck. If anybody could give me some mentoring it would greatly be appreciated, I'm sick of losing and need some teaching to help me win. If anybody could help it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

What site, and limits do you play, and what is your username?? lol (j/k)Serious answer. Go to the strategy forums. There are a couple threadsin General Strat about bankroll management, and tons of useful info in the rest of the strat forums about specific hands and situations.

I have honestly lost thousands of dollars playing online poker due to improper bankroll management, my playing ability, and just bad luck. If anybody could give me some mentoring it would greatly be appreciated, I'm sick of losing and need some teaching to help me win. If anybody could help it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Be more specific.

If you've lost thousands and have poor bankroll management skill, I don't there is a cure for that kind of tilt. I would say quit and find something more productive. AS a last resort tho, maybe try play playing live games. Play is slower and you'll get a new perspective. I don't know if that'll help any, just thinking out loud.

If you've lost thousands and have poor bankroll management skill, I don't there is a cure for that kind of tilt. I would say quit and find something more productive. AS a last resort tho, maybe try play playing live games. Play is slower and you'll get a new perspective. I don't know if that'll help any, just thinking out loud.
The live thing might help too because you will have a more direct recognition of the money you are losing... a lot of my friends have had difficulties online because it's a little more difficult to make the tangible connection to the money online to real money... but there are plenty of other threads on this topic...

I would start with limit. Play .50/1 or 1/2. Try to work on your card reading skills. Don't try and win it all back in one session. There is nothing you can do to go from a loser to winner quickly. If you find you get bored too quickly then poker might not be your game. That could be hard if you are used to playing higher limits. If you don't worry about results and concentrate on making proper decisions (easier said then done) you skills and reading ability will improve. Talk through each hand and decide why you are making each decision. The less emotion the better.

Or just, you know, stop sucking and stuff.
This is the only true response u can give here.YOU SUCK! POKER IS NOT FOR YOU!, Just quit now, Yes, it was an expensive hobby for a bit, you jumped on the wagon, had your fun, felt cool for a bit, but now its time to leave real money poker forever.I'm sorry to say it but .05/.10 is probably your friend. and will be for the rest of your horrible poker playing life.at least its only poker you suck, it could be a lot worse
This is the only true response u can give here.YOU SUCK! POKER IS NOT FOR YOU!, Just quit now, Yes, it was an expensive hobby for a bit, you jumped on the wagon, had your fun, felt cool for a bit, but now its time to leave real money poker forever.I'm sorry to say it but .05/.10 is probably your friend. and will be for the rest of your horrible poker playing life.at least its only poker you suck, it could be a lot worse
Mitch,Do we REALLY want to discourage these type of people from playing poker? We should tell him to join FCP, get his username and PRAY for a halfway useful search function to ever come to the ongame network. :club::D
Mitch,Do we REALLY want to discourage these type of people from playing poker? We should tell him to join FCP, get his username and PRAY for a halfway useful search function to ever come to the ongame network. :club::D
true,I just felt like laying it out there for him, i'm hungry i havent ate in a while and its affecting my brain.i can feel my stomach sucking up against my spine

Have you tried buying any poker books, there are a lot of good books that have sections dedicated soley to bankroll management.What type of games were you playing where you lost thousands of dollars ? You need to be more specific but it sounds to me like you are either playing limits higher than your bankroll allows or you are playing limits that are high enough that it attracts fairy good players and they are just simply much better than you. In either case you should go to lower stakes it sounds like.I strongly suggest buying and reading multiple books before you deposit any more money into poker.Also you are leaving out the most important info. How much is your bankroll and what stakes are you playing?? The fact that you dont even mention this information when asking for help with bankroll mangement tells me you are most likely playing higher stakes than you should be.

Have you tried buying any poker books, there are a lot of good books that have sections dedicated soley to bankroll management.What type of games were you playing where you lost thousands of dollars ? You need to be more specific but it sounds to me like you are either playing limits higher than your bankroll allows or you are playing limits that are high enough that it attracts fairy good players and they are just simply much better than you. In either case you should go to lower stakes it sounds like.I strongly suggest buying and reading multiple books before you deposit any more money into poker.Also you are leaving out the most important info. How much is your bankroll and what stakes are you playing?? The fact that you dont even mention this information when asking for help with bankroll mangement tells me you are most likely playing higher stakes than you should be.
buy poker books and read them :)HIJACK THREAD ALERThow did your live session go medicalmj, did you end up paying your friend back more than the original 300?

Only play AA and KK. Raise like 15x the BB pf then go all in on the flop, its a bulletproof strategy. (sw)Try and read some more poker books. You can also try some other resources like pokerxfactor, there you can see videos of top online pros like johnnybax and rizen play, the initial sign up fee is sort of pricey tho.

buy poker books and read them :)HIJACK THREAD ALERThow did your live session go medicalmj, did you end up paying your friend back more than the original 300?
I lost $200 , thanks for asking. As you guys said everyone played any two cards so it threw me off my game. I started playing more hands i wouldnt normally play and tried raising and reraising but people would just not fold no matter what and it ended up costing me even more. The 2-3 hours i was there I only won one pot, the rest of the time i had good hands like trips or a straight people ended up having better hands. Once I was down to my final $100 I decided it just wasn't working out for me and I put the remaining $100 into my online account and am currently getting the other $200 back with sng's. Luckly for me I told my friend if i lost he wasn't getting his $300 this month that I owed him so there was really no harm in me losing, overall it was a good experiance, I learned that I dont really like limit games :club: So far in the last two days I've won $100 back from sng's online so I'm back up to $200 from the orginal $300.
Read Harrington on Hold'em Vol's I & II, No Limit Hold'em Theory & Practice by Sklansky & Miller, & Small Stakes Hold'em by Sklansky & Malmuth.
Ive read harrington on holdem vol. 1 and little green book plus caros book. I was playing 1/2 no limit with like 1k a few tiems too high for my bankroll and putting in 100 dollars a bunch of tiems and playing 24$ tournaments lol. Ive realized I played out of my bankroll but I did run into badluck, actually alot of badluck. Live I was up 500 and then hit a bad streak wher im down alot now so Im just going to play 0.5/10 nl into I work my bankroll up
The first step in solving a problem is admitting you have a problem.
The first step in solving a problem is admitting you have a problem.
true, but man over $1000, what limits did you play, start at the lowest limits or something bc that just sucks man

Like I said I was playing 1/2 nl with way too low of a bankroll. I played 05/10 nl tonight and Ive won 40 so far so maybe my bankroll was the biggest problem not the bad beats