Would You Rather Go To Hell Or Nowhere When You Die?

18 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather go to hell or nowhere when you die?

• Hell
    • Nowhere (the same fate as worms)

I say hell.
So you say you want to go to hell? Does that mean you acknowledge heaven exists? If you acknowledge heaven exists . . . does that mean you acknowledge GOD exists? Because you can't believe in hell if you don't believe in heaven . . . and you can't believe in heaven if you don't believe in GOD.You are constantly asking these stupid questions. Why? Everytime you respond to any post in this forum you do so in a sarcastic, dimeaning tone. You constantly make fun of us who believe in GOD. You start topics with the sole purpose of gathering the non believers so you all can start bashing us with your pointless insults. So I have a serious question for you Sluggo:Why do you even care what Christians believe? Why waste your time trying to invent topics just to insult us? If you don't believe that is just fine with me. I'm sure it's just fine with any other believer on here as well. So why do you waste so much of your time with nonsense? Do you have real questions that you need answers to as it relates to GOD? Do you have doubts about your own beliefs? Do you have a small part of you that actually might believe a little in GOD but you are afraid to admit it? WHAT IS IT?I enjoy debating religion with agnostics or even atheists. Canada comes to mind when I say that. The reason I mention Canada is because he argues with intelligence and a little respect. He's not the only one mind you, his name was just the first that I thought of. So don't get me wrong, I don't care if you argue with me or anyone else about religion. I actually think it is healthy to do so. But come on man . . . enough with the garbage posts. Saying that you would rather go to hell than to just go nowhere is a moronic statement. I guarantee that if you really believed in hell . . . you wouldn't choose to go there.Now I will say this knowing it will open me up to all kinds of insults . . . but here goes anyway. If you have real questions . . . ones you don't want to talk about publicly . . . PM me. I will be more than happy to answer/debate anything REAL you want to talk about . . . and it can stay between me and you. If not, then that is fine too.
[/b] Why waste your time trying to invent topics just to insult us? If you don't believe that is just fine with me. I'm sure it's just fine with any other believer on here as well.
It's not fine with me that anyone rejects God and thereby chooses hell. I hope everyone comes to believe that Jesus died for them and that he is the only way to heaven.
So you say you want to go to hell? Does that mean you acknowledge heaven exists? If you acknowledge heaven exists . . . does that mean you acknowledge GOD exists? Because you can't believe in hell if you don't believe in heaven . . . and you can't believe in heaven if you don't believe in GOD.You are constantly asking these stupid questions. Why? Everytime you respond to any post in this forum you do so in a sarcastic, dimeaning tone. You constantly make fun of us who believe in GOD. You start topics with the sole purpose of gathering the non believers so you all can start bashing us with your pointless insults. So I have a serious question for you Sluggo:Why do you even care what Christians believe? Why waste your time trying to invent topics just to insult us? If you don't believe that is just fine with me. I'm sure it's just fine with any other believer on here as well. So why do you waste so much of your time with nonsense? Do you have real questions that you need answers to as it relates to GOD? Do you have doubts about your own beliefs? Do you have a small part of you that actually might believe a little in GOD but you are afraid to admit it? WHAT IS IT?I enjoy debating religion with agnostics or even atheists. Canada comes to mind when I say that. The reason I mention Canada is because he argues with intelligence and a little respect. He's not the only one mind you, his name was just the first that I thought of. So don't get me wrong, I don't care if you argue with me or anyone else about religion. I actually think it is healthy to do so. But come on man . . . enough with the garbage posts. Saying that you would rather go to hell than to just go nowhere is a moronic statement. I guarantee that if you really believed in hell . . . you wouldn't choose to go there.Now I will say this knowing it will open me up to all kinds of insults . . . but here goes anyway. If you have real questions . . . ones you don't want to talk about publicly . . . PM me. I will be more than happy to answer/debate anything REAL you want to talk about . . . and it can stay between me and you. If not, then that is fine too.
I'm sorry you feel that way.My questions are serious and sincere. They are intended to inform, not insult. I'm not being sarcastic.
I'm sorry you feel that way.My questions are serious and sincere. They are intended to inform, not insult. I'm not being sarcastic.
I'm not trying to argue with you Sluggo . . . but what exactly is informational about this thread? I'll tell you . . . absolutely nothing. This is in line with wondering how humor "evolved". Come on . . . you can't tell me that this thread is anything more than an attempt to assemble the atheists/agnostics of this forum together to once again insist that there is no God. Just look at the way you worded this topic . . . "Would You Rather Go To Hell Or Nowhere When You Die? Assuming heaven rejects you..." What kind of question is that? What are you trying to inform us off?First of all you have a poll with two choices . . . neither one of which a Christian would choose. Hell or Nothing? LOL . . . where is Heaven in your poll? Oh yeah . . . your subtitle says "Asssuming heaven rejects you . . .". What Christian do you know is going to "assume heaven rejects them"? NONE! That is the whole purpose of being a Christian is to know that God has forgiven you of your sins so that you can spend eternity with him in Heaven.So to get to the point . . . your poll is biased and I believe that the whole purpose of this thread is another pathetic attempt by you to point a finger at Christians and laugh. If you want to pretend that we Christians (or just me) are really that stupid by saying, My questions are serious and sincere. They are intended to inform, not insult. I'm not being sarcastic, then you are sadly mistaken . . . I'm not buying your act.You want to debate . . . fine . . . debate with respect. Quit trying to be clever . . . all your doing is coming off like an arrogant ***. Read through your own responses and let me know if you find anything of merit in any of them. You are just making yourself look ignorant by creating topics without any real substance. So again I will challenge you. If you have anything REAL to ask . . . just ask it! But quit with crap already. If your only purpose in the Religion forum is to insult Christians . . . then frankly I feel bad for you. But if you really want information from all persepectives, christian . . . agnostic . . . athiest . . . whatever, then use your brain and come up with legit questions. This forum has some very intelligent people in it . . . WITH ALL VIEW POINTS . . . NOT JUST THE CHRISTIAN ONE. Take advantage of it . . . don't make a mockery of it.(quietly steps off soap box . . . knowing I am acting just like a father of 3 . . . and now suddenly feeling incredibly old :club: )

I'm not trying to inform other people. I'm trying to be informed. Sorry for the misunderstanding.I was just wondering which is better: suffering eternally or not existing. It's a valid question. My personal choice is suffering eternally. It scares me too much to not exist.

I'm not trying to inform other people. I'm trying to be informed. Sorry for the misunderstanding.I was just wondering which is better: suffering eternally or not existing. It's a valid question. My personal choice is suffering eternally. It scares me too much to not exist.
Then I guess I don't understand. Most people who don't believe in GOD actually believe that once they die . . . that is it. But you acknowledge hell. So if you acknowledge Hell . . . then you have to acknowledge Heaven. If you then acknowledge Heaven you actually have a third option. SO now your options become . . . Nothing . . . Hell . . . or Heaven. So, wouldn't you rather spend eternity in Heaven than Hell?

I have a choice? Sweeeeeet. Then I choose South Park's hell. Where the only ones who don't end up there are the mormons, since they are the only ones who got it right. Satan seems pretty cool and you could kill Sadam over and over again for entertainment. Good times.....Good times.......

Duh. Who wouldn't rather spend eternity in heaven? My question is purely hypothetical.Assuming you don't fulfill the requirements to get into heaven, which would you prefer: the existence of god/heaven/hell or not?

Lol, if hell is as bad as they say...umm rather no where. Why the **** would I want to be tortured for an eternity, when I could become Sanjeet, the lovable Indian ghost.

Duh. Who wouldn't rather spend eternity in heaven? My question is purely hypothetical.Assuming you don't fulfill the requirements to get into heaven, which would you prefer: the existence of god/heaven/hell or not?
Ignore FOOSE1- it's actually a good question that I still really can't answer. On the one hand, the idea of hell is terrible- but the idea of being non- existent is seems pretty bad as well. I will answer after I have pondered it.
I say hell.
honestly dude, its safe to say the majority belief on what hell is like is to be likened to being burned in fire constantly for the rest of time, and u choose that?

I'd rather suffer than not exist. That's part of my rationale for not commiting suicide every time I'm unhappy. Also, unhappiness and suffering are somewhat relative. I'd hope that I'd get used to the torture.

I'd rather suffer than not exist. That's part of my rationale for not commiting suicide every time I'm unhappy. Also, unhappiness and suffering are somewhat relative. I'd hope that I'd get used to the torture.
You really contemplate sucide when you are unhappy? Man, you really do sound like Brandon.

Would you rather be kicked in the balls or lie down on a couch?Would you rather be sodomized by a busload of Ozarkian readnecks or go to sleep?Would you rather get a daily papercut on both nipples or just stand around for a hour or two?Maybe you get my point? If the Christian version of hell exists it seems like a pretty bad place.... I'd rather not exist. How is not existing scary? If you dont exist, you cant be scared.....Your suicide example is off base. If I ever felt like my life amounted to unending, constant suffering I would kill myself....but I dont feel that way. LIfe may suck at times but overall its pretty decent. I can't believe I even have to argue this point.In short,Nothing>>>>>>>>hell.

You really contemplate sucide when you are unhappy? Man, you really do sound like Brandon.
No, I'd never commit suicide. That would be idiotic.I was just drawing an analogy.
Would you rather be kicked in the balls or lie down on a couch?Would you rather be sodomized by a busload of Ozarkian readnecks or go to sleep?Would you rather get a daily papercut on both nipples or just stand around for a hour or two?
Your examples don't make sense to me. Of course heaven is best.Would you rather be kicked or die? Would you rather get daily papercuts or have never been born?

How long do you not exist for? For eternity? Can you measure the amount of time that you will not exist for? Is it possible to take measurements on something that doesn't exist? If it's possible to spend an infinite amount of time not existing, how is it possible to ever have consciousness?

How long do you not exist for? For eternity? Can you measure the amount of time that you will not exist for? Is it possible to take measurements on something that doesn't exist? If it's possible to spend an infinite amount of time not existing, how is it possible to ever have consciousness?
Huh? You lost me. Speak in stupid, buddy, it's to damn early.

Ok, lets step back from the this whole argument and think about the OP question. Do you people even know what Hell will be like if you are to experience it? Im sure different religions have different interpretations of Hell and id be interested in hearing some other thoughts on those but Christianity's view of Hell is something that no one would want. Trust me. I cant even begin to describe the anguish and torment that will occur. it will be more than being 'unhappy' or having a sh!tty day over and over. It will be worse than any prison you could have ever be confined to throughout the world. It will be worse than any horror movie concept. It will truly be a level of Hell that is incomprehensible by man. Just like Heaven's glory is only finitely perceivable, Hell's torment is barely grasped by the human mind. Id rather not exist after death than exist in absolute agony for eternity. For those of you who have a different Hell that is not full of torment and it is rather an eternal party with weed, hookers, and straight tequila, well then i guess its not so bad, but I have never seen any religious documentation to suggest such a place exists.