Erik Goes Tourney Donk; Who's Coming With Me?

I'm willing to bet that he did, or is planning on, paying him.. Even at 150 people left, bmw started sending out free money to FCPers and some other random people on the rail.
Hey..he sent me 10 grand....Pretty cool guy.Seriously guys...different people respond to pressure in different ways. I don't blame him for his actions, although that 1k offer is pretty bad.He got lucky that they didn't confiscate his winnings because of it. Remember that online poker is the wild wild west. There is no law.
  • Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm willing to bet that he did, or is planning on, paying him.. Even at 150 people left, bmw started sending out free money to FCPers and some other random people on the rail.
$5 is different than 1k, and there was no mention of it after the tourney ended, added to this he's posted about how to cash out the 77k he ended up getting (which was more than he was supposed to)..But it's all moot anyways cause there's no way to prove it... I definately believe he was intending to pay the 1k for the call at the time cause he was obviously so desparate to move up in cash as was displayed by his desparate pleas for a chop from support... And finally regardless of whether he paid the 1k or not, which until he says he did I'll believe he didn't, It's f'in wrong and ridiculous to try and pay the big blind to make a call and talk about that action in the middle of a hand.... Let's also note that BMW had an opportunity with 310k in the big blind...310k posted 30 for the BB leaving him with 280... short stack pushed all in for 98k, making it 68k to call, and he folded... this adds to how bad his bribes are because he wasn't willing to make the call he knows he should've...
$5 is different than 1k, and there was no mention of it after the tourney ended, added to this he's posted about how to cash out the 77k he ended up getting (which was more than he was supposed to)..But it's all moot anyways cause there's no way to prove it... I definately believe he was intending to pay the 1k for the call at the time cause he was obviously so desparate to move up in cash as was displayed by his desparate pleas for a chop from support... And finally regardless of whether he paid the 1k or not, which until he says he did I'll believe he didn't, It's f'in wrong and ridiculous to try and pay the big blind to make a call and talk about that action in the middle of a hand.... Let's also note that BMW had an opportunity with 310k in the big blind...310k posted 30 for the BB leaving him with 280... short stack pushed all in for 98k, making it 68k to call, and he folded... this adds to how bad his bribes are because he wasn't willing to make the call he knows he should've...
yes i did send it right after the tourney, it came to 77k canadian, I said it more as ajoke then anything else but i did say it, so i sent it. I didnt have the chips to callI really don't think i acted out of line at all, i regret joking about the 1k, and when i gave guy crap for the 9s. THE THing is phatique wasnt chatting and i am pretty sure is chat was off.
Except for the part where you were the driving force behind the worst deal in the history of poker... And the part where you offered a guy in the big blind 1k of your winnings for him to call in the middle of play, more than one time, until finally the tall stack did make the call... and I'm willing to bet that you haven't paid him his money. Other than that it was fun to watch and support and shout FCP... and congrats on the cash...
You gotta understand the circumstances, we had no time to make the deal, support couldnt pause the game. we all had 6bb in play we were flipping a coin for 30k, crazy if u ask me

You seem to be a much nicer guy now than you were under pressure last night :club: and as I also said in my earlier posts it was a lot of fun to watch and support you.You have to recognize that you were also willing to chop when there were 9 people left, so basically you were just lucky that 4 got knocked out while you were still looking for a chop which made you an extra 35k or so right there :D... I understand that it was a very pressure packed situation, and I tried to explain to you at the time that the added stress of worrying about chopping it would affect your play, I think in a situation like that you accept that 40k for 5th place is more than you imagined winning, take that as money won (especially after the AQ) and from there out was a freeroll... I think if you can kick it up to aggresive mode, on the other 4 you have a very good chance to make 2nd place money and then from there who knows... all 3 of the others that you were even in chips with were all playing as tentatively as you, so if you pressure them and steal the blinds twice, all of the sudden you are up into 2nd in chips by quite a decent margin... but that's just how to play poker.I agree that having to make the deal that quickly sucked and affected the payout a little but even with time I don't think he settles for too much less... I also agree that John D'Agostino was awesome there and really seemed to be making an effort for you guys.Anyways, Nice cash, and it was fun... I personally just don't agree with the 1k offers and the deal that you orchestrated...

that final table was the biggest crapshoot, I was looking to chop whenever i could, If blinds were reasonable i wouldnt of asked for any deal, and i really don't think i was playing tenatively if you see the hand history you will understand. That aq hand was standard but i did get really lucky. I doubled my roll in 1 night very happy about the situation

that final table was the biggest crapshoot, I was looking to chop whenever i could, If blinds were reasonable i wouldnt of asked for any deal
It was a crapshoot, but noone was willing to call off all their chips, so aggression would've given you chips to play with...EDIT: I agree that the AQ wasn't a bad play, it was just a setup that you managed to win...
It was a crapshoot, but noone was willing to call off all their chips, so aggression would've given you chips to play with...
If i send you the hand history you will see that all tourney i was being ultra agressivewere you watching the same game i was? guy called my all in with k 10, qj, a 6those were 3 all ins i was in,
Damn... I wish I came to the rail earlier lol.
that final table was the biggest crapshoot, I was looking to chop whenever i could, If blinds were reasonable i wouldnt of asked for any deal, and i really don't think i was playing tenatively if you see the hand history you will understand. That aq hand was standard but i did get really lucky. I doubled my roll in 1 night very happy about the situation
You had a 70k roll before the tourney but played a 24 sat to get in?
were you watching the same game i was? guy called my all in with k 10, qj, a 6those were 3 all ins i was in
Yes I was :club:, I watched you from 32 people left, when I first saw the FCP chants :D....Those calls did not come 5 handed... I'm talking about the 3 guys you were left with when you chopped... the guys you were even with chips, especially dude on your immediate left... you have the tall stack on your right so you can see his actions...
If i send you the hand history you will see that all tourney i was being ultra agressivewere you watching the same game i was? guy called my all in with k 10, qj, a 6those were 3 all ins i was in,
Exactly, and that's what was working, but when you started worrying about chopping you stopped, that is my point...

The only fish station was on my left, i coulda been abit more aggressive but u gotta understand 1 raise and u were commited and could be a 35k mistake. More i look at the deal the more i feel like it was the only option, we had no time, if u took more time anybody coulda been out and lose the 30k that we agreed on a chop. The deal worked out for everybody. If we were on ps and the game coulda been paused, i woulda asked for 85k

You had a 70k roll before the tourney but played a 24 sat to get in?
ya im cheap and hate tourneys, i try to limit my expenses for tourneys.During the whole tourney i tried to have a nice atmoshphere, Joking around so i dont get nervous, i was joking around the whole time putting bountys on peoples heads and stuff it was all in good fun, But i can see how alot of people took it the wrong way and i apologize for it. And if i ever get to that position again i will probably just stay quiet even if thats not my style
The only fish station was on my left, i coulda been abit more aggressive but u gotta understand 1 raise and u were commited and could be a 35k mistake. More i look at the deal the more i feel like it was the only option, we had no time, if u took more time anybody coulda been out and lose the 30k that we agreed on a chop. The deal worked out for everybody. If we were on ps and the game coulda been paused, i woulda asked for 85kya im cheap and hate tourneys, i try to limit my expenses for tourneys.During the whole tourney i tried to have a nice atmoshphere, Joking around so i dont get nervous, i was joking around the whole time putting bountys on peoples heads and stuff it was all in good fun, But i can see how alot of people took it the wrong way and i apologize for it. And if i ever get to that position again i will probably just stay quiet even if thats not my style
I agree that 1 raise and you were committed... but on the flip side 1 push for the blinds and you make 100k which puts you 2nd in chips, and you know how tough it was to call someone else's push there.... that's what pressure does to people. Cool if you were joking the whole time and cool that you're apologizing for the bounty...