Erik Goes Tourney Donk; Who's Coming With Me?

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I'm biased. Say you are completely readless on your opponents and are playing in a vacuum. You are playing 6 handed (I think it was) 99 is +ev vs. a UTG raise. Also, keep in mind that Crownginger called all in with an M of 1! You have to know that his range is super wide there, and it's simply a fact that 99 is +Ev vs. crowngingers range. Credog seemed to be a good player, and picked up on the situation perfectly, and he elected to gamble and give HIMSELF the most +ev, as opposed to just calling and trying to bust crown. Like I said, it's a debated issue, I simply happen to fall on the side of the fence that agrees with Credog's play. Maybe I just said something in the first place, because I don't like that BMW berated him for it.
I shouldnt of said anything, i was in the moment

I do agree that they wouldnt have given phat first place money if they had time towork it out. they did have a 4 minute break though to figure it out. phat really wasnt talking much though so they had to figure things out with out him. ... i think FTP doesnt support chops because the increase in overhead it would create. think about it, it would probably necessitate them having 2 or more support staff on 24 hours a day just doing chops. and i am sure the software isnt upgraded for the chops either, thats why support couldnt pause the game in the middle of play. the chop feature make playing on PS more like real life because talking chops is a part of playing poker and good negotiators will get more money than they deserve more consistently. Anyway i just think FTP is looking out for the bottom line with the no deals. i wouldn't be surprised if they send an e mail out or a newsletter thing saying that they did 2 deals and now there will be absolutely no deals in the future (and they will likely not compromise just because they are pro's that are asking for the chop).Peace

Because their EV was probably around 80k or so. I know you want to guarantee yourself some money, but I cant just let someone take 10k away from me just because i'm scared.I mean it's like if someone came up to me and said alright boy here is 15 thousand dollars. Id be like oh sweet. But then he says well you can take the 15 thousand or... you can put it all on red of the roulette wheel. If you win, I'll give you 100 thousand dollars! Theres no way to pass this up even though losing 15k woudl suck.
I'd probably take the $15k. I guess I'm a *****, but that kind of money would really come in handy. And to whoever said that this mess could have been avoided if FullTilt's support were better, I totally agree. This was a complete SNAFU. FullTilt should be kicked in the nuts. They should pause the tourney and get it right with that kind of money on the line. Every other major site does that.
ok its fixed, i didnt think i acted to imature, i mean i was really pumped, and i was just having fun with the rail
BMW I do not fault any of your actions. I'd be ****ing my pants too if I were in your position. That is alot of money. The deal was pretty good but I do agree it was sorta rushed but whatever 70k!
I don't think I'm biased. Say you are completely readless on your opponents and are playing in a vacuum. You are playing 6 handed (I think it was) 99 is +ev vs. a UTG raise. Also, keep in mind that Crownginger called all in with an M of 1! You have to know that his range is super wide there, and it's simply a fact that 99 is +Ev vs. crowngingers range. Credog seemed to be a good player, and picked up on the situation perfectly, and he elected to gamble and give HIMSELF the most +ev, as opposed to just calling and trying to bust crown. Like I said, it's a debated issue, I simply happen to fall on the side of the fence that agrees with Credog's play. Maybe I just said something in the first place, because I don't like that BMW berated him for it.
I see your point. I wasn't one of the guys berating him, but I still don't think it was a great move. How many times do you see a guy move in and then someone bluff into a dry side pot and then that guy triples up and then is very healthy. And was his M 1? I thought the blinds were 12/24 and he called all in for just under 100. It is debatable though, but I think in that spot I just call and try to knock the guy out. The pay difference towards the end of these tourneys are pretty big. I guess it also depends if he was in a first place or nothing mode.
I do agree that they wouldnt have given phat first place money if they had time towork it out. they did have a 4 minute break though to figure it out. phat really wasnt talking much though so they had to figure things out with out him. ... i think FTP doesnt support chops because the increase in overhead it would create. think about it, it would probably necessitate them having 2 or more support staff on 24 hours a day just doing chops. and i am sure the software isnt upgraded for the chops either, thats why support couldnt pause the game in the middle of play. the chop feature make playing on PS more like real life because talking chops is a part of playing poker and good negotiators will get more money than they deserve more consistently. Anyway i just think FTP is looking out for the bottom line with the no deals. i wouldn't be surprised if they send an e mail out or a newsletter thing saying that they did 2 deals and now there will be absolutely no deals in the future (and they will likely not compromise just because they are pro's that are asking for the chop).Peace
They should do what Party did then and build an automated chop function into the software. I've always liked FullTilt, but if they want to be one of the top sites on the net they need to get their house in order and get stuff like this right.
I see your point. I wasn't one of the guys berating him, but I still don't think it was a great move. How many times do you see a guy move in and then someone bluff into a dry side pot and then that guy triples up and then is very healthy. And was his M 1? I thought the blinds were 12/24 and he called all in for just under 100. It is debatable though, but I think in that spot I just call and try to knock the guy out. The pay difference towards the end of these tourneys are pretty big. I guess it also depends if he was in a first place or nothing mode.
I understand, but don't think bluffing into a dry sidepot relates here. in this case, even though Credog isolated the all in, he actually had a hand figuring to be ahead of Crown as opposed to reraising and getting hu with an all in player with no hand after the flop. Anyways, nice days work for sure, congrats etc. etc. enjjoy your money
I got 74k in my account instead of 70k, what should i do?
cash out immediately and close your account.

That was a fun rail tonight lol. fcp>universe. I was playing $5 tourney when this was going on, got sent to the rail I had A 8 vs A 7 all in before flop. Turn comes 7. Played for 2.5 hours and I won $2.25 in 40th place lol.

That was a fun rail tonight lol. fcp>universe. I was playing $5 tourney when this was going on, got sent to the rail I had A 8 vs A 7 all in before flop. Turn comes 7. Played for 2.5 hours and I won $2.25 in 40th place lol.
I made the mistake of entering this $1 rebuy on absolute.. I'm 3 hrs in and almost to the money of $4.23.. BIG MONEY!Stage #478151820 Tourney ID 1187083 Holdem Multi Normal Tournament No Limit $1600 - 2006-08-21 03:52:06 (ET)Table: 7 (Real Money) Seat #5 is the dealerSeat 2 - MAVERICBK ($42355 in chips)Seat 3 - STR8GHTUP ($14607.50 in chips)Seat 4 - WSOX08 ($25957.50 in chips)Seat 5 - MAKDADDY1 ($15076.68 in chips)Seat 7 - BEAUTIFULROK ($62297.50 in chips)Seat 8 - XLOVABLEX ($78848.32 in chips)Seat 9 - RUNNINGBROKE ($40865 in chips)MAVERICBK - Ante $100STR8GHTUP - Ante $100WSOX08 - Ante $100MAKDADDY1 - Ante $100BEAUTIFULROK - Ante $100XLOVABLEX - Ante $100RUNNINGBROKE - Ante $100BEAUTIFULROK - Posts small blind $800XLOVABLEX - Posts big blind $1600*** POCKET CARDS ***Dealt to WSOX08 [Kd Kc] RUNNINGBROKE - FoldsMAVERICBK - FoldsSTR8GHTUP - FoldsWSOX08 - Raises $4800 to $4800MAKDADDY1 - FoldsBEAUTIFULROK - FoldsXLOVABLEX - Calls $3200*** FLOP *** [9c 4d 4s]XLOVABLEX - ChecksWSOX08 - Bets $4800XLOVABLEX - Calls $4800*** TURN *** [9c 4d 4s] [5d]XLOVABLEX - ChecksWSOX08 - Bets $9600XLOVABLEX - Raises $19200 to $19200WSOX08 - All-In $6657.50XLOVABLEX - returned ($2942.50) : not called*** RIVER *** [9c 4d 4s 5d] [Ac]*** SHOW DOWN ***WSOX08 - Shows [Kd Kc] (Two Pair, kings and fours) XLOVABLEX - Shows [5h 5c] (Full house, fives full of fours) XLOVABLEX Collects $53215 from main pot*** SUMMARY ***Total Pot($53215)Board [9c 4d 4s 5d Ac]Seat 2: MAVERICBK Folded on the POCKET CARDSSeat 3: STR8GHTUP Folded on the POCKET CARDSSeat 4: WSOX08 HI:lost with Two Pair, kings and fours [Kd Kc - P:Kd,P:Kc,B:4s,B:4d,B:Ac] Seat 5: MAKDADDY1 (dealer) Folded on the POCKET CARDSSeat 7: BEAUTIFULROK (small blind) Folded on the POCKET CARDSSeat 8: XLOVABLEX (big blind) won Total ($53215) HI:($53215) with Full house, fives full of fours [5h 5c - P:5h,B:5d,P:5c,B:4s,B:4d] Seat 9: RUNNINGBROKE Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Full Tilt Poker Game #919520892: FTOPS Main Event (6154586), Table 76 - 15000/30000 Ante 4000 - No Limit Hold'em - 2:20:24 ET - 2006/08/21--Miles of text--
Best hand history ever.
thanks. I guess I played my kings like shit
No, more than anything I'm just referring to the deluge of comments that are kinda hard to follow in a HH but are still funny anyway. Like about 20 different lines of "A" still happening after the second Q hit on the turn since so many people were talking at once.

Hey great job and everything man but that deal was pretty ridiculous. How can anyone guarantee an opponent 1st place money? Might as well cut off your balls and mail them to him in a tray.

wtg bmw, u make us all proud.
Except for the part where you were the driving force behind the worst deal in the history of poker... And the part where you offered a guy in the big blind 1k of your winnings for him to call in the middle of play, more than one time, until finally the tall stack did make the call... and I'm willing to bet that you haven't paid him his money. Other than that it was fun to watch and support and shout FCP... and congrats on the cash...
Except for the part where you were the driving force behind the worst deal in the history of poker... And the part where you offered a guy in the big blind 1k of your winnings for him to call in the middle of play, more than one time, until finally the tall stack did make the call... and I'm willing to bet that you haven't paid him his money. Other than that it was fun to watch and support and shout FCP... and congrats on the cash...
I'm willing to bet that he did, or is planning on, paying him.. Even at 150 people left, bmw started sending out free money to FCPers and some other random people on the rail.