Erik Goes Tourney Donk; Who's Coming With Me?

Keep in mind that the chop probably changed the way the game played out. Crown probably played more recklessly than he otherwise would have. There's no way of knowing who would have won had there been no chop.
still the odds of Phat getting first place money now is 100%if they dont make this rediculous chop then he gets first what like 80% of the time? I mean I know you wanted to secure 70k but that chop was def. -EV for the other players
  • Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Full Tilt really dropped the ball with the chop thing.They didn't give the players a chance to hash it out and negociate a deal. Giving 1st place prize money to the chip leader would NEVER happen live or at stars with the tourney paused. 2-5th were willing to take the guaranteed 70K vs being the next one out with (i don't remember the number 5th place money).The chop deal was really really rushed and we're talking big money here. SICK

still the odds of Phat getting first place money now is 100%if they dont make this rediculous chop then he gets first what like 80% of the time? I mean I know you wanted to secure 70k but that chop was def. -EV for the other players
It was def -EV but I think at that point everyone else was just exciting to get that much. I can't say that's totally true but I can understand if that's why.
I understand that argument, but based on the chip position at that time I don't mind the chop at all for the other 4 players. Phatique had a monster chiplead and everyone else way pretty equal. I see no reason for those other players not to go ahead and lock up $70k there.
I got 74k in my account instead of 70k, what should i do?
Maybe there was some change that got split up between you four. I mean if you don't want it.....But ya, I say keep it unless they contact you. Nothing you can really do.
I understand that argument, but based on the chip position at that time I don't mind the chop at all for the other 4 players. Phatique had a monster chiplead and everyone else way pretty equal. I see no reason for those other players not to go ahead and lock up $70k there.
I agree. Only thing I think they should've done is offer phat $151 instead of $161k and leave $10k on the table to play for. Phat was down for that as well and at least gives the other guys a chance at the jersey plus $10k.
It could have all been avoided if FTP had a support team like pokerstars to help.
I agree. Only thing I think they should've done is offer phat $151 instead of $161k and leave $10k on the table to play for. Phat was down for that as well and at least gives the other guys a chance at the jersey plus $10k.
Wandingo you're my hero.
Because their EV was probably around 80k or so. I know you want to guarantee yourself some money, but I cant just let someone take 10k away from me just because i'm scared.I mean it's like if someone came up to me and said alright boy here is 15 thousand dollars. Id be like oh sweet. But then he says well you can take the 15 thousand or... you can put it all on red of the roulette wheel. If you win, I'll give you 100 thousand dollars! Theres no way to pass this up even though losing 15k woudl suck.
Phat didn't blow it at all. The guy got GUARANTEED first place money with 5 people still left! He was probably dancing around while finishing off the tourney.
if bmw got 3rd place money instead of chop money.... phat is in for a suprise when he finds 2nd place money.
You're still biased because you know the results. It's the same thing as watching poker on TV with my friend who thinks every laydown is stupid if someone gets bluffed. It's easy when you know the cards. I don't think 99 is certainly ahead of both a guy who moves in and then calls all in.
I don't think I'm biased. Say you are completely readless on your opponents and are playing in a vacuum. You are playing 6 handed (I think it was) 99 is +ev vs. a UTG raise. Also, keep in mind that Crownginger called all in with an M of 1! You have to know that his range is super wide there, and it's simply a fact that 99 is +Ev vs. crowngingers range. Credog seemed to be a good player, and picked up on the situation perfectly, and he elected to gamble and give HIMSELF the most +ev, as opposed to just calling and trying to bust crown. Like I said, it's a debated issue, I simply happen to fall on the side of the fence that agrees with Credog's play. Maybe I just said something in the first place, because I don't like that BMW berated him for it.
if bmw got 3rd place money instead of chop money.... phat is in for a suprise when he finds 2nd place money.
True lol, I think they forgot to do something and just gave the money according to how they finished. In that case, crownnginger and bmw better cash out hahaha.
Wandingo you're my hero.
I think I said it in the chat several times but nobody really bothered to take that option.
When the guy went out that was 5th (can't remember his name) he said in the observer chat that he didn't get $70k in his act. :club:
I think I said it in the chat several times but nobody really bothered to take that option.When the guy went out that was 5th (can't remember his name) he said in the observer chat that he didn't get $70k in his act. :club:
ok its fixed, i didnt think i acted to imature, i mean i was really pumped, and i was just having fun with the rail