Erik Goes Tourney Donk; Who's Coming With Me?

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's very close, p5's had a lengthy discussion about it. Players like Actionjeff and the like agreed that the value in knocking players out was overrated, and more traditional players felt knocking out players was worth more.
Yeah, and I can see and understand both sides to it... I just fall on the eliminate the player side...
He knew 99 was ahead of both BMWcoupes and certainly crown's range in the hand, and he reraised to isolate the pot HU with the shortstack, giving himself the most +EV possible, he accomplished this goal. He felt the equity he gained was worth more than setting up a situation with the greatest possibility of knocking crown out.
Yes, he KNEW 100% that 99 was ahead of both of them. Hindsight is always 20/20.It is close, but to say that "he knew" he was ahead of both is a bit much. Plus even if he was ahead of both, you can still knock out the shortstack.
He knew 99 was ahead of both BMWcoupes and certainly crown's range in the hand, and he reraised to isolate the pot HU with the shortstack, giving himself the most +EV possible, he accomplished this goal. He felt the equity he gained was worth more than setting up a situation with the greatest possibility of knocking crown out.
I understand this point, but we're talking a difference of having a chance to move up in the money 14K. I believe in the basic tourney strat to take out players.
It's very close, p5's had a lengthy discussion about it. Players like Actionjeff and the like agreed that the value in knocking players out was overrated, and more traditional players felt knocking out players was worth more.
I guess I'm on the more traditional side.

Great game BMW. You played awesome, and you represented FCP very well. The Krablar at the end was superb!And remember, that's TheSkearnel on Full Tilt when you are getting ready to send out the rewards for the rail. :club:-Shawn K

great cash bmw, i still don't know where i stand on that chop, but looks like you were right on the fence either way finishing third. It crown ends up taking this down he will be kicking himself HARD in the morning. At least he'll get to wear a gold jersey that says "I screwed myself out of 90k!". Might be worth the humiliation

Yes, he KNEW 100% that 99 was ahead of both of them. Hindsight is always 20/20.It is close, but to say that "he knew" he was ahead of both is a bit much. Plus even if he was ahead of both, you can still knock out the shortstack.
The fact that BMW was pleading for a just call wreaks of weakness too...
great cash bmw, i still don't know where i stand on that chop, but looks like you were right on the fence either way finishing third. It crown ends up taking this down he will be kicking himself HARD in the morning. At least he'll get to wear a gold jersey that says "I screwed myself out of 90k!". Might be worth the humiliation
He just did. lol
Great game BMW. You played awesome, and you represented FCP very well. The Krablar at the end was superb!And remember, that's TheSkearnel on Full Tilt when you are getting ready to send out the rewards for the rail. :D-Shawn K
and wandigo. :club:
Keep in mind that the chop probably changed the way the game played out. Crown probably played more recklessly than he otherwise would have. There's no way of knowing who would have won had there been no chop.
He knew 99 was ahead of both BMWcoupes and certainly crown's range in the handGG reading comprehension
You're still biased because you know the results. It's the same thing as watching poker on TV with my friend who thinks every laydown is stupid if someone gets bluffed. It's easy when you know the cards. I don't think 99 is certainly ahead of both a guy who moves in and then calls all in.