Did I Play This Right ?

Just wondering if i played this right.I'm in a $10 sng and theres 4 people left. I get dealt AJ two other people in the hand so I call the blinds. A96 comes out on the flop and one guy in the hand is very tight and he checks but the other guy in the hand has played about 60% of his starting hands and he bets so i figure he has nothing because ive seen him do this the entire sng so i raise him about half his stack. He calls then a 7 comes out on the turn. I go all in and he calls and shows 67...two pair and i lose on the bubbleDid i play this right? I read him right when i raised, he had low pair with 7 kicker. Was I wrong to go all in on the turn ?

I raise preflop.
Yeah thats one thing i was thinking about. The whole reason i didnt raise preflop is cause i was in good chip position and i knew this other guy would most likely bet on the flop regardless of what he had so if i hit something i could check raise and take the extra money. Thats exactly what ended up happening but the guy didnt lay down his bottom pair with a 7 kicker when after i checked rraised him.Now that im thinking about it some more i really shouldve raised preflop. He proally wouldve folded if i raised preflop then also check raised on the flop. Thanks for the feedback
Yeah thats one thing i was thinking about. The whole reason i didnt raise preflop is cause i was in good chip position and i knew this other guy would most likely bet on the flop regardless of what he had so if i hit something i could check raise and take the extra money. Thats exactly what ended up happening but the guy didnt lay down his bottom pair with a 7 kicker when after i checked rraised him.Now that im thinking about it some more i really shouldve raised preflop. He proally wouldve folded if i raised preflop then also check raised on the flop. Thanks for the feedback
I lead the flop if I raised preflop.
Just wondering if i played this right.I'm in a $10 sng and theres 4 people left. I get dealt AJ two other people in the hand so I call the blinds. A96 comes out on the flop and one guy in the hand is very tight and he checks but the other guy in the hand has played about 60% of his starting hands and he bets so i figure he has nothing because ive seen him do this the entire sng so i raise him about half his stack. He calls then a 7 comes out on the turn. I go all in and he calls and shows 67...two pair and i lose on the bubbleDid i play this right? I read him right when i raised, he had low pair with 7 kicker. Was I wrong to go all in on the turn ?
Since raising pre-flop wasn't your question, I won't offer my view on that.Instead, after reviewing your question, I believe you should have raised him all in on the flop. Raising him half is stack is daring him to call. With only 4 players remaining, make him pay all his chips for his draw or to hit his second pair.
Since raising pre-flop wasn't your question, I won't offer my view on that.Instead, after reviewing your question, I believe you should have raised him all in on the flop. Raising him half is stack is daring him to call. With only 4 players remaining, make him pay all his chips for his draw or to hit his second pair.
I'm down with this.
I dunno, getting involved for all your chips with just top-pair when on the bubble is risky. Pre flop raise is OK, but you gotta make the money!
I dunno, getting involved for all your chips with just top-pair when on the bubble is risky. Pre flop raise is OK, but you gotta make the money!
Top pair vs. one player on the flop is a strong hand.......so play it strong. Likewise, AJ is a stronger hand short handed which could validate a raise pre-flop.
The people above are wrong.The decision totally depends on stack sizes.Also, 60% of his hands 4-handed isn't crazy at all.And raise preflop.
Maybe there is more than one good answer for any question. Different opinions doesn't mean that people are "wrong". There just opinions.

this belongs in bad beat forum.we need stack sizes.how many tournies do you play before you stop posting things like "Did I play it wrong when someone with bottom pair crap kicker calls off half his stack."don't give resultspost stack sizes as well.

Their opinions are wrong.
Opinions are usually good, bad, or indifferent......not necessarily "wrong". It is difficult to pinpoint one "right" answer concerning poker.
this belongs in bad beat forum.we need stack sizes.how many tournies do you play before you stop posting things like "Did I play it wrong when someone with bottom pair crap kicker calls off half his stack."don't give resultspost stack sizes as well.
It was a head-up situation and the guy included raising the other player half of his stack on the flop. Also, he was knocked out on this hand, which would mean stack sizes were fairly equal but he was covered.My "wrong" opinion is still raise him all-in on the flop instead of raising him half his stack.
.It was a head-up situation and the guy included raising the other player half of his stack on the flop. Also, he was knocked out on this hand, which would mean stack sizes were fairly equal but he was covered.
we need all 4 stacks.and blind size. (if that was given I missed it and too lazy to check)
yeah, blind size (which would give how much in the pot at the time)is information needed...
so is other stacks.We want to know our equity in the tourney at the time.I'd like to comment on not raising preflop and if we had all stack sizes that would be easier to do.
Yeah I usually wait for at least quads to get involved in a hand on the bubble. Folding blinds is fun.sw
Maybe there is more than one good answer for any question. Different opinions doesn't mean that people are "wrong". There just opinions.
In poker a lot of times opinions are "wrong"...