Frustrating Search Yesterday For A New Monitor. Help!

Yesterday was a futile search for a monitor. My goal to find one that allows me to multitable with no overlap. I live in Canada and went to Best Buy and Futureshop. Best Buy did not carry anything that has that resolution capability and the computer dude told me to go over to the TV section and get a 26 inch LCD TV. Now, I find this sweet 32 inch LCD TV for $899.00 and I thought of buying it but the guy saids the refresh rate is not good enough and the resolution is only 1300 x something (can't remember) and he wouldn't bring a computer over from the other department to hook it up (saids he can't do it because they are diff. departments, whatever). At futureshop, the guys there are just stupid. The 20 inch ones are 1650 by 1050 or something like that and he saids that's the same as 1600 by 1200? Obviously not. They are selling a 23 inch LCD for $899.00 which is approx. 1900x 1500 which is more than good enough but I'm thinking if I spend that much, I might as well get a 30 inch LCD TV as long as I don't get overlap.I also had someone install a new video card so i can have 2 monitors going at the same time as soon as I get my other one. The monitor I'm currently using is only 1280x 1050 so I'm going to use it to surf the net or watch TV as I'm playing. I got a ATI TV Wonder USB 2.0 so that I can watch TV. Haven't hooked it up yet, I hope it's good?

Try Dell. They have some killer flat screens nowdays.If you have a dual output video card...why worry about overlap ? Get a pair of the 21" flat screens and you are hooked.Full disclosure....that's the setup I have...so I guess I'm partial. B)

If it's mainly going to be used for poker the I wouldn't worry about refresh rates. That only effects things when playing games.Plus I would always buy over the net rather than a shop, you'll get more for your money.

Try Dell. They have some killer flat screens nowdays.If you have a dual output video card...why worry about overlap ? Get a pair of the 21" flat screens and you are hooked.Full disclosure....that's the setup I have...so I guess I'm partial. B)
Yah, I already have a 19 inch acer that I just bought recently. Kinda a waste of money if I don't use it. Besides I don't think I'll be doing more than four tabling. How much are the dells you bought?
Nope, 1680 x 1050. I'm finding that this is the problem I've been encountering. These LCD screens do not have the resolution needed unless they are 22 inches or bigger. I don't want to get a CRT.
that is good enough to 4 table.

It's not, I got one yesterday and there is still overlap, I returned it immediately.How about using a LCD tv? Their resolution is 1366 by 800 ish. Say I get a 30 incher. Does the bigger size counterbalance the poorer resolution so that you dont' get overlap? Anyone?

It's not, I got one yesterday and there is still overlap, I returned it immediately.
odd it works on mine. if you need bigger the next step is WUXGA with is 1900 x 1200it is all about resolution not size.

Finally, I found a monitor that suits my needs. Samsung SyncMastr 204 B 1600x1200 resolution. So God Damn hard to find. Paid $400 Canadian for it. Is so sweet, i can finally four table without overlap. I'm one happy dude now.And this dual screen thing is so sweet. I can play and surf at the same time on different screens. Thx for any help I recieved today.

I have just started looking for a new monitor as well, but on a budget. I knew this forum would have enough monitor knowledge to help.Am replacing the dell monitor that came with my comp 7 years ago.Would also like to be able to four table without overlap. Poker is the most graphics intensive thing I ever really do.What are anyone's thoughts on one of these:http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/cat...?CatId=172&or can someone recommend something similar but better? My current monitor is starting to crap out and I need something to last until I can afford an all new desktop.Thanks for your help in advance.Mike

Finally, I found a monitor that suits my needs. Samsung SyncMastr 204 B 1600x1200 resolution. So God Damn hard to find. Paid $400 Canadian for it. Is so sweet, i can finally four table without overlap. I'm one happy dude now.And this dual screen thing is so sweet. I can play and surf at the same time on different screens. Thx for any help I recieved today.
I don't get it. I have a shitty, normal *** 17" monitor and I play 4 tables at Party Poker with NO overlap...Am I lucky or not getting what your problem is?
It's not, I got one yesterday and there is still overlap, I returned it immediately.How about using a LCD tv? Their resolution is 1366 by 800 ish. Say I get a 30 incher. Does the bigger size counterbalance the poorer resolution so that you dont' get overlap? Anyone?
tv size doesn't always help with resolution. I have a 50 in plasma that I can play poker on but I still only get like 1200 x ??? but the tables are huge.
tv size doesn't always help with resolution. I have a 50 in plasma that I can play poker on but I still only get like 1200 x ??? but the tables are huge.
Ya but i bet 4 tabling on stars after you resize is cool