Short Handed Strategies...

Just wanted to see if anybody could offer some useful tips that have helped them when playing shorthanded. My home game tonight will most likely be shorthanded and I just wanted some tips or tricks that I could concentrate on while playing.Thanks is advance...

Just wanted to see if anybody could offer some useful tips that have helped them when playing shorthanded. My home game tonight will most likely be shorthanded and I just wanted some tips or tricks that I could concentrate on while playing.Thanks is advance...
1. Have Fun2. You have nothing to lose3. Play tight4. Not calling a raise is only a small mistake

Be aggressive, play more hands you normally wouldn't. You can't sit and wait for the nuts or you will go broke. Also, don't be bitter when your AK gets beat by 5-8 off. It's going to happen. Good luck and have fun.

1. Have Fun2. You have nothing to lose3. Play tight4. Not calling a raise is only a small mistake
Play tight because it's shorthanded? You suck at poker.
Play tight because it's shorthanded? You suck at poker.
Yoda is speaking the truth. If you play tight shorthanded then you will miss out on making some money.
guys im pretty sure hes just joking cuz if you remember wsop 05 that is what steve danemann said when he read his list....

This should probably (make that definately) be in the strat forum, but what the hell.One general tip about short handed is that the fact that you have fewer players at the start of every hand mean that all hands will have lower implied odds. Hence hands like small pairs and suited connectors lose a lot of their value. High cards are stronger, and medium pairs can be played more aggressively, sevens and above (possibly even sixes). More hands will be won with just single pairs, so those high cards become very important. Start playing hands like KJ, KT, QJ, QT more aggressively. Hammer away at those small pots when everyone misses the flop.If you feel you are one of the better players at the table you need to play a lot of hands, but play them aggressively.

that's pretty funny, almost as funny as the people that respond with "play tight shorthanded?, you suck"
that's pretty funny, almost as funny as the people that respond with "play tight shorthanded?, you suck"
yeah i thought the same thing