Official English Premier League Thread

There you go slap. Hope you appreciate me being humilated again so your team can stay up!
I'll never misspell your name again!!
You're here to help, that's nice to see... good lad. :club:
Please to be making victorious predictions for all our matches.I have a bit of a limp from how high I jumped off my already high bar stool and smashed my heels into the ground when Martins scored. Journalists are already saying "Brave Shearer" etc and making him out to be a genius about his 2 subs scoring which is a bit lol but I'll take it. Boro worried me a bit at the start of the second half but asides from that they never deserved a point and I think a 2 goal margin was fair.The only problem is that whenever they got near our box it looked like a likely goal and Fulham and Villa won't be as wasteful up front and will be there a lot more than Boro.If we didn't win that we were basically relegated so even though we are not safe, I'm delighted, really delighted.
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the words of Dane Bowers and Posh Spice... 'You're out of your mind!'
Clearly.Newcastle could stay up without winning another game.

And yea as James said I'll be hoping for Man U to slip up against wigan and and get a point against Arsenal. I want United to take the whole thing, just not yet, final day victory pleaaassseee. Definitely United will pick up 4 in their next 2 though.My Man U friend says Fergie has always been respectful on the last day even then they had it wrapped up in the past but this year the last game is 3 days before the Champs final

My Man U friend says Fergie has always been respectful on the last day even then they had it wrapped up in the past but this year the last game is 3 days before the Champs final
This is true, although make no mistake we'll be playing an extremely weakened side on the last day if we've won the league already. By weakened, I mean almost no one who'll be playing in the final. Good news though, is that we'll win that game whoever we put out.I can't see us slipping up tonight... Wigan 0-4 United.
This is true, although make no mistake we'll be playing an extremely weakened side on the last day if we've won the league already. By weakened, I mean almost no one who'll be playing in the final. Good news though, is that we'll win that game whoever we put out.I can't see us slipping up tonight... Wigan 0-4 United.
I think Darren Fletcher will be available! (sorry couldn't resist).After my Middlesboro prediction went up in smoke I'm going for a 2-0 United win tonight!

So who is going down today, I'm going for Hull and Boro. The Hull pick is two fold. Newcastle are playing a team who have been dropping like a stone and if they are going to beat any team its going to be Aston Villa. Hull and playing Man U in a similar situation to Southampton vs Man U a few years ago. Despite the Saints needing to win to stay up and Man U having nothing to play for, United won 2-1.

Looking forward to kick off... I'm going for Boro and Hull to go down too. Keeping faith with Newcastle to pull through when it really matters. Out of all the teams who could go down, they have the players capable of producing that one big result. For my sake too, I'm hoping it's today!I liken it to an intelligent but very lazy schoolboy studying for their GCSE's... they leave it to the very last day before even opening a book, but cram in and get the same result as another kid who's been studying all term.Also, with Hull v Man Utd I think we have more chance of beating them with our 2nd/3rd choice team today, just because if we played our full strength team they wouldn't be trying much at all, tip toeing around not wanting to get injured/tired etc because we've already won the league and have the small matter of the CL final in a few days! At least we're putting out a team who will be trying to win.

Wow, what a gutless perfomance by Newcastle.
Absolutely horrible... where was the drive and effort? They well and truly deserve to go down after that spineless performance. And to think, all they needed was a draw.

James' new avatar:manchestercity.jpgWith member title: "The ONLY team in Manchester"James' new sig:stallowned.jpgWith text: LJB723 Stallowned my face!

Unreal that my faith in Newcastle has been rewarded this way. Unreal they couldn't get a draw when their future depended on it.Hmm.. at least 'Stallowned' is a funny line, I'll get it sorted soon.

Every team facing possible relegation played like crap. Thats really surprising to me.
Really? There was a reason for them facing relegation. Why would that change on the last day?
Really? There was a reason for them facing relegation. Why would that change on the last day?
desperation is usually a great motivator. Last year's survival sunday featured much friskier squads clawing to hang on.Obviously part of the problem was that two bottom feeders had to play Man U and Chelsea. But Newcastle....what a debacle.

Anyone have transfer season fever? What are some of your favorite rumors going around? I'm personally a fan of the Tevez to Liverpool idea, especially if we keep Alonso. A striking force of Gerrard, Torres, Tevez is at least on par with Henry, Eto'o, Messi in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

Van Nistelrooy to Spurs would make my offseason, sounds like Madrid want rid and we're in the market.And we need someone really class to partner Palacios in the middle of our midfield.

The broadcaster Setanta has lost its rights to 46 Premier League games for next seasonhttp://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8109954.stmCould this pave the way for ESPN to make a bid to show English Football next season?
IMO, we need more football exposure in North America.Also, I am pretty much going to be a Fulham fan this coming season. It's too easy to bandwagon an already successful club, as much as I like Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool/ManU.
IMO, we need more football exposure in North America.Also, I am pretty much going to be a Fulham fan this coming season. It's too easy to bandwagon an already successful club, as much as I like Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool/ManU.
Why not Man City? They're not succesful, but it'll sure be a more interesting ride for the next few seasons than Fulham.Alternatively, Southampton should be interesting to follow this year. Not Prem I know, but an interesting predicament nonetheless, also with talk of Keegan and Le Tissier taking over the reigns.

I would loooove it if Espn picked up some Premier League games. Top class football is what Americans need to see if we are ever going to support the game at all. The MLS just feels like WNBA-type second-rate soccer and it's not appealing to people who don't already love the game.