Official English Premier League Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will ship to DinkDonk ASAP. But not in for October.

last chance to get your picks in before games start! gogogogogogo
Hey, I just read your article talking about Ferguson complaining about referees, rather than his own team. You're right he does that, but with very good reason. It deflects criticism away from the team's performance in the press, which in turn can affect team confidence. He'd rather the papers talk about his opinions on referees than a bad performance or even a bad team selection. There's also the chance that it may help in the future to have decisions go his way (although this is laughably over-hyped, imo. People now have it in their heads that United are favoured by refs though, so there's nothing that can be done about that).Please don't believe that he genuinely blames the ref if things go wrong. Of course, we don't see what happens behind the scenes at OT when the cameras arn't rolling, but I assure you he'll be laying into any player he thinks deserves it. He doesn't go back to training and tell them not to worry about their performance, because it was all the ref's fault.This is why you'll never get your wish of seeing him not blaming outside influences if United drop points. It may not be pretty, it may even lack some class if you like, but it breeds success. Manchester United under SAF are living proof of that. There's also a case that his complaints about refs are much more highlighted than other managers. If you listen to most losing teams' managers being interviewed after games, the majority these days have some sort of complaint about the ref.You said we've had 3 results this season that we didn't deserve. I've been racking my brains to think which 3 they are? I assume you mean the point against Sunderland and maybe the win against Arsenal? (which would be harsh, but ok). I can't think of the third.One more point... about Burnley. They won't be anywhere near the top 10 come the end of the season I'm afraid. Anything above the bottom 3 will be a hugely succesful season for them.

Burnley to remain undefeated at home for the season? That, friends, would be a miracle indeed.Quite a few teams have got off to a solid start (Sunderland, Stoke City and Wigan come immediately to mind, although Bolton and Birmingham seem capable of putting up the W's). Will Everton's good start last? Will Darren Bent be a season long beast? Can Aston Villa maintain the pace of the top 8-10?Tottenham and Man City seem well prepared to battle for a top 4 spot all season long, which makes things quite exciting. It'll likely come down to the two front runners, however, when April/May rolls around, with Chelsea holding up.Who knows, though...Good season so far.

Hey, I just read your article talking about Ferguson complaining about referees, rather than his own team. You're right he does that, but with very good reason. It deflects criticism away from the team's performance in the press, which in turn can affect team confidence. He'd rather the papers talk about his opinions on referees than a bad performance or even a bad team selection. There's also the chance that it may help in the future to have decisions go his way (although this is laughably over-hyped, imo. People now have it in their heads that United are favoured by refs though, so there's nothing that can be done about that).Please don't believe that he genuinely blames the ref if things go wrong. Of course, we don't see what happens behind the scenes at OT when the cameras arn't rolling, but I assure you he'll be laying into any player he thinks deserves it. He doesn't go back to training and tell them not to worry about their performance, because it was all the ref's fault.This is why you'll never get your wish of seeing him not blaming outside influences if United drop points. It may not be pretty, it may even lack some class if you like, but it breeds success. Manchester United under SAF are living proof of that. There's also a case that his complaints about refs are much more highlighted than other managers. If you listen to most losing teams' managers being interviewed after games, the majority these days have some sort of complaint about the ref.You said we've had 3 results this season that we didn't deserve. I've been racking my brains to think which 3 they are? I assume you mean the point against Sunderland and maybe the win against Arsenal? (which would be harsh, but ok). I can't think of the third.One more point... about Burnley. They won't be anywhere near the top 10 come the end of the season I'm afraid. Anything above the bottom 3 will be a hugely succesful season for them.
oh i know he isnt blaming the refs, but it is annoying. and im kinda tired of hearing about it. especially from someone like him that could just say, we didnt deliver, we will get better. three points would be one from sunderland and two from Arsenal :club: instead of the draw. i have nothing against united, just dont think theyve got it this year. i think both united and chelsea have benefitted from refs this year one way or another. and i agree kinda about burnley. i think they will pull a hull. but still, i can kinda see anyone ending up anywhere. a lot of parity towards the top.
Quiz question. Who was the first Italian to play in the Premiership?Try and answer without looking it up.
Without looking it up, I remember it was a striker who had a really big nose.. I can picture him, but I can't for the life of me remember his name. I can't remember who he signed for either, but it was a mid table type team. There was a fair amount of hype at the time, I recall, but he failed pretty miserably.Ravanelli must have been one of the first 2 or 3 Italians to play in the Premiership too.
Without looking it up, I remember it was a striker who had a really big nose.. I can picture him, but I can't for the life of me remember his name. I can't remember who he signed for either, but it was a mid table type team. There was a fair amount of hype at the time, I recall, but he failed pretty miserably.Ravanelli must have been one of the first 2 or 3 Italians to play in the Premiership too.
Toughie. My early Premiership knowledge isn't great but I'd be guessing at guys like;Carbone - Wednesday?Zola? But that seems obvious.
Toughie. My early Premiership knowledge isn't great but I'd be guessing at guys like;Carbone - Wednesday?Zola? But that seems obvious.
Emile Zola was French, silly.I think it was a guy named Scoreggia

I think it was the guy who played for Nottingham Forest, Silenzi or something like that. I only remember as 442 had a feature about him being an Italian international. The key bit being on the lines, "If he was an Italian international then every other Italian footballer must have been injured".

I think it was the guy who played for Nottingham Forest, Silenzi or something like that. I only remember as 442 had a feature about him being an Italian international. The key bit being on the lines, "If he was an Italian international then every other Italian footballer must have been injured".
ding ding ding. we have a winner.next question. which player has scored a hat trick in the premiership, championship, league 1, league 2, fa cup, league cup, football league trophy and international level?
I think it was the guy who played for Nottingham Forest, Silenzi
That's the guy I was thinking of.
next question. which player has scored a hat trick in the premiership, championship, league 1, league 2, fa cup, league cup, football league trophy and international level?
lol, I have no clue but whoever it is, that's a hell of a record.
ding ding ding. we have a winner.next question. which player has scored a hat trick in the premiership, championship, league 1, league 2, fa cup, league cup, football league trophy and international level?
Alan Shearer? Blackburn and Newcastle both had success on a league and international level, didn't they?lol...looked it up and it's not Shearer. Allow me to give a hint: He was not selected in the FCP all-time Premiership draft (as far as I recall)(my post was a joke, but no one's going to get it: Scoreggia is Italian for 'fart')
Teddy Sheringham?

I was giving this some thought driving home from work. It has to be someone who has had longevity or come up through the ranks (which is quite un common now). The names that were flowing through my head were names like,Teddy Sheringham - I don't think he played as low as the league 2Tony Cottee - He played in all the divisions but I can remember him scoring a hatrick for EnglandBobby Zamora - Scored a shed load of goal for Brighton in the lower leaguesLes Ferdinand - Started at Brentford and definately scored a few hat tricksIan Wright - Started off at the very bottom, scored a hatrick for England against San Marino and did wind his way through a few clubs near the end. But the player I'm going for is Rob Earnshaw, he scored a hatrick against Scotland (I watched it on the telly and was mortified that we got beat 4-0 by Wales) and scored loads of goal for Cardiff in the lower league and got a hatrick against Charlton in the Premier League. (Not sure about the cups though)

I was giving this some thought driving home from work. It has to be someone who has had longevity or come up through the ranks (which is quite un common now). The names that were flowing through my head were names like,Teddy Sheringham - I don't think he played as low as the league 2Tony Cottee - He played in all the divisions but I can remember him scoring a hatrick for EnglandBobby Zamora - Scored a shed load of goal for Brighton in the lower leaguesLes Ferdinand - Started at Brentford and definately scored a few hat tricksIan Wright - Started off at the very bottom, scored a hatrick for England against San Marino and did wind his way through a few clubs near the end. But the player I'm going for is Rob Earnshaw, he scored a hatrick against Scotland (I watched it on the telly and was mortified that we got beat 4-0 by Wales) and scored loads of goal for Cardiff in the lower league and got a hatrick against Charlton in the Premier League. (Not sure about the cups though)
ding ding ding. we have another winner. earnshaw is a goal machine. fwiw, by all accounts Ferdinand was absolutely absymal at Brentford and it was a huge shock to all at the club when he became a prolific goal scorer.next question:which player has played in the Premiership, Championship, League 1 and League plus International, Champions League and UEFA Cup?Its not Earnshaw.