Official English Premier League Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty sure chelsea are loving it right now

QFT on gulf being obvious but for Scotlands population the SPL is quite impressive.
Sigh. I was being sarcastic. There is zero money in Scotland just now. Until Celtic signed Fortune (who is terrible by the way) Dundee - my team - and a First Division side were the biggest spenders!My point is, for all the hype the EPL receives and how much everyone likes to laugh at the SPL, there wasn't a great deal between Celtic and Arsenal. It was 2 freak goals and those apart I didn't think Arsenal looked like scoring. What I did take from the game, however, is a man-crush on Vermaelan.
Sigh. I was being sarcastic. There is zero money in Scotland just now. Until Celtic signed Fortune (who is terrible by the way) Dundee - my team - and a First Division side were the biggest spenders!My point is, for all the hype the EPL receives and how much everyone likes to laugh at the SPL, there wasn't a great deal between Celtic and Arsenal. It was 2 freak goals and those apart I didn't think Arsenal looked like scoring. What I did take from the game, however, is a man-crush on Vermaelan.
I laughed out loud at the bolded, I didn't catch that at all. I thought the way Arsenal passed it about they just looked superior. It seemed like a prem versus championship match to me. I thought Arsenal were always in control. They were playing a European tie away in a very tough ground with great support and seemed always dominant. I think Arsenal got the job done and if Celtic were going to the Emirates with the score 0-0 they would get stuffed pretty badly.I was rooting for Celtic but I really did think there was an obvious difference between them.Nowhere for me to discuss this so: Newcastle joint top of the championship. Please to be closing the transfer window ASAP thanks.First match in SJP was 35k attendance, we win 3-0, next 43k attendance. We need that ficklness to survive. Although Fat Boy Ashley will probably up the price because of the support if he actually is planning on selling the club.

i dont think that celtic or rangers would finish top 10 in the prem and the rest of the spl would probably be decent championship or league 1 sides. says it all when chris killen gets a game for celtic having previously been an average league 1 player. i'm not trying to knock the spl, and most of what i am saying is probably obvious but it bares repeating when the celtic fans start talking seriously about how they were going to knock arsenal out of the champs league.

The SPL teams that are'nt Celtic and Rangers are always pretty bad, normally Celtic and Rangers def would finish in the top 10 in the Prem and are pretty decent but they seem to have gotten worse over the last couple years.

i dont think that celtic or rangers would finish top 10 in the prem and the rest of the spl would probably be decent championship or league 1 sides. says it all when chris killen gets a game for celtic having previously been an average league 1 player. i'm not trying to knock the spl, and most of what i am saying is probably obvious but it bares repeating when the celtic fans start talking seriously about how they were going to knock arsenal out of the champs league.
These people are idiots. Ftr I'm not saying the Old Firm would compete with the top 5 clubs in England. They would hold their own against the rest, maybe a few years back they would have finished in the UEFA Cup spots but not now. But they did muster more fight than I expected. This is easily the weakest Celtic and Rangers sides in a long while. I dread to think what is going to happen to Rangers in the CL this year, if they don't get a kind draw expect some serious thrashings.On a related note, Kyrgiakos, who Liverpool have just signed was God-damn awful at Rangers a few years back. Be interesting to see how he does. I hope for Liverpool's sake he doesn't play much.
These people are idiots. Ftr I'm not saying the Old Firm would compete with the top 5 clubs in England. They would hold their own against the rest, maybe a few years back they would have finished in the UEFA Cup spots but not now. But they did muster more fight than I expected. This is easily the weakest Celtic and Rangers sides in a long while. I dread to think what is going to happen to Rangers in the CL this year, if they don't get a kind draw expect some serious thrashings.On a related note, Kyrgiakos, who Liverpool have just signed was God-damn awful at Rangers a few years back. Be interesting to see how he does. I hope for Liverpool's sake he doesn't play much.
I think hes just injury cover for them until they get a few guys healthy. Prob a smart move, they don't need a high priced guy they just need someone to hold down the fort until everyone is healthy.

I doubt the Scottish leagues will ever have any serious money ever again. The only thing that would put them at a reasonable competitive level would be to merge with the English leagues and that'll never happen, one reason being nationalism (on both sides of the border) and profit sharing logistics. Also, look at Scotland's population, ffs, less than 6 million, compared with 51 million in England...almost 10 times as many people...Fckn shame...

Feel that was important before our game against Arsenal next week. Of course, I free up Berbatov to get back to scoring ways by GETTING RID OF HIM!!! Jesus effing Christ.
told you so
And you still couldn't win at Starks Park ( :club: sorry had to add that in!)As for Scottish Football, the domestic scene is at about the lowest ebb it has ever been. The results in Europe have been a disaster. You can take you pick from Aberdeen getting whipped 5-1 at home (by the same mob that Everton beat 4-0) to Falkirk losing to a side from Liechtenstein. I don't think we will ever slip as low as the Irish or Welsh leagues, mainly due to the sheer size of the Old Firm. As for the national side we still seemed to be relying on hard work and enthusiasm which is ok up to a point but can lead to some very bad defeats (don't mention the Norway game).
:club: Hey Liverpool fans, how's it going? Everything alright? Not sure if there was a match tonight... was anyone playing?
Lucas scored a nice goal for Asto....oh whoops. hahahaha I called it at the beginning of the season, Liverpool falls out of the top four. today was just the beginning.
FYP
That's fair enough. Pre-arranged fights require both sets of morons.But tonight, inside the stadium at least, it was the West Ham fans who showed themselves up the most.*Also for you Americans interested, Jozy Altidore scored tonight. Yeah, it was against Southend in the Carling Cup, but looks like a good signing so far.
*Also for you Americans interested, Jozy Altidore scored tonight. Yeah, it was against Southend in the Carling Cup, but looks like a good signing so far.
Weeee! I love Jozy and hope he does well!