Official English Premier League Thread

what I'd also like to know is where are all of those fans of teh scouser scum that were talking about how they were gonna win the league this year and how my beloved red devils weren't going to finish in the top two. Where are all of you now, huh, hahahahahaha. GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED
I've been hiding in my hole.
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to know what league is better. The EPL has, by far, more foreign stars in it than any other league. Almost every top player is quoted as saying they want to play in the premiership before their career is finished.
You could make a decent case for La Liga I think but I still would go with the EPL by a small margin. There is no denying that the EPL features a bit of a drop off after the quadrant of Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool. But cmon its the premiership and still #1.edit: most of the arguments I hear saying that the EPL is not the best league in the world center on the fact that the majority of South American stars dont play there. fwiw.
  • 1 month later...
You could make a decent case for La Liga I think but I still would go with the EPL by a small margin. There is no denying that the EPL features a bit of a drop off after the quadrant of Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool. But cmon its the premiership and still #1.edit: most of the arguments I hear saying that the EPL is not the best league in the world center on the fact that the majority of South American stars dont play there. fwiw.
I think it is pretty clear that the EPL is the best league in the world right now. Three out of four teams in the semi-finals of the Champions League. That is impressive.

GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i love how tons of people went into hiding and killed off this thread

What a swift change in fortune over that 45 minutes....Thought Man Utd were done in the game and Chelsea had 3 points locked up....

GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i love how tons of people went into hiding and killed off this thread
Looks like the title is United's this year.
Congrats Man U, on winning England... your 16 english cup..only 2 behind Liverpool now.... enjoy your OFFSEASON, you guys earned a nice rest.I guess us scouser scum will have to take solace in liverpool hoisting it's SIXTH European Cup...
Congrats Man U, on winning England... your 16 english cup..only 2 behind Liverpool now.... enjoy your OFFSEASON, you guys earned a nice rest.I guess us scouser scum will have to take solace in liverpool hoisting it's SIXTH European Cup...
or season isn't over yet, we're still going to win teh double a week from saturday, to which we'll extend our record of FA Cup wins to 12 while you're lot are still at 7. You guys also haven't won the league since 90, just thought I'd remind you of that
or season isn't over yet, we're still going to win teh double a week from saturday, to which we'll extend our record of FA Cup wins to 12 while you're lot are still at 7. You guys also haven't won the league since 90, just thought I'd remind you of that
I see you're content with national dominance. good for you!
  • 2 weeks later...
or season isn't over yet, we're still going to win teh double a week from saturday, to which we'll maintain our record of FA Cup wins of 11 while you're lot are still at 7. You guys also haven't won the league since 90, just thought I'd remind you of that
FYP
what I'd also like to know is where are all of those fans of teh scouser scum that were talking about how they were gonna win the league this year and how my beloved red devils weren't going to finish in the top two. Where are all of you now, huh, hahahahahaha. GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED
Pot, meet kettle.
I guess us scouser scum will have to take solace in liverpool hoisting it's SIXTH European Cup...
Pot, meet kettle.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAwait for itHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAwait for itHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
See, I'm here.. right now.. to face it, Kdawg.. I didn't hide for a week...The better team won, clearly... Liverpool's far exceeded their talent this entire champions league, and I'm still proud of them. QJ can beat AK only so many times..
See, I'm here.. right now.. to face it, Kdawg.. I didn't hide for a week...
if you didn't notice, I've barely been around at all this month, I wasn't hiding, I just had a lot going on, of which saturday was my birthday, so I spent it drunk at a bar when drogba scored his goal. That being said, I don't understand what benitez was doing waiting to put on mr robot and the fact is, gerrard and kuyt barely touched the ball in the dangerous areas. onto the summer season

Sad loss for Liverpool, they had a lot of opportunities, but its what you do with those opportunities that makes the difference.

if you didn't notice, I've barely been around at all this month, I wasn't hiding, I just had a lot going on, of which saturday was my birthday, so I spent it drunk at a bar when drogba scored his goal. That being said, I don't understand what benitez was doing waiting to put on mr robot and the fact is, gerrard and kuyt barely touched the ball in the dangerous areas. onto the summer season
I never get what Benitez is doing with this team ever. And yet they had a lot of success this year. So who knows.
  • 1 month later...

Hello soccer fans,I was watching the World Cup last year and surprisingly found it enjoyable and very similar to basketball which I am a big fan of. I play FIFA on playstation and for no good reason I always use Liverpool, and found myself watching classic Liverpool games. Well, I'm going to attempt to watch football this year as a Liverpool fan when the season starts. I have some questions that hopefully can be answered:I don't understand all the different leagues and what's the most prestigious. Explain?The relegation system?Is there a package on cable that I could order and see all the games?Michael Owen, my favorite player, is he still on Liverpool?It seems there are a number of people that have become soccer fans since the World Cup, are real long-time fans sick of this?Is it ok to call it soccer since that is what it is called in the US, or should I call it football?Since I believe it's possible the US is going to be in shambles soon, the only major sports that I think will survive internationally are soccer and basketball, so I might as well learn about #1. Thanks.

Hello soccer fans,I was watching the World Cup last year and surprisingly found it enjoyable and very similar to basketball which I am a big fan of. I play FIFA on playstation and for no good reason I always use Liverpool, and found myself watching classic Liverpool games. Well, I'm going to attempt to watch football this year as a Liverpool fan when the season starts. I have some questions that hopefully can be answered:I don't understand all the different leagues and what's the most prestigious. Explain?The relegation system?Is there a package on cable that I could order and see all the games?Michael Owen, my favorite player, is he still on Liverpool?It seems there are a number of people that have become soccer fans since the World Cup, are real long-time fans sick of this?Is it ok to call it soccer since that is what it is called in the US, or should I call it football?Since I believe it's possible the US is going to be in shambles soon, the only major sports that I think will survive internationally are soccer and basketball, so I might as well learn about #1. Thanks.
No, we (Liverpool) do not have Michael Owen, but we just signed Fernando Torres ( a sick striker from Spain). We were also just bought by two US businessmen who have money, which is always good. Also, we have Steven Gerrard who is my God.
No, we (Liverpool) do not have Michael Owen, but we just signed Fernando Torres ( a sick striker from Spain). We were also just bought by two US businessmen who have money, which is always good. Also, we have Steven Gerrard who is my God.
Thanks. US businessman have a tendency to be greedy. Hopefully they bought the team as a toy.
  • 2 weeks later...
I don't understand all the different leagues and what's the most prestigious. Explain?The relegation system?
The top dog currently is (arguably) the EPL (English Premier League). Unlike NA sports, the regular season is the most important trophy -- as admission and seeding into bonus championships such as the Champions League, UEFA, FA Cup, etc... are based on the previous year's campaign and actually run concurrently with the domestic schedule.Above and beyond the domestic leagues the most prestigious is the Champions League; there the top team(s) from each euro league are entered into a massive competition. Where teams get seeded into the competition (and in what round they enter) is calculated with a crazy matrix of past successes and country weighting. As for the relegation system in England there are 4 divisions (other countries generally have 2+). At the end of each season the bottom 3 teams are sent down and 3 teams are promoted, so it's possible to be kicked out of the national league play back into a regional league.
As for the relegation system in England there are 4 divisions (other countries generally have 2+). At the end of each season the bottom 3 teams are sent down and 3 teams are promoted, so it's possible to be kicked out of the national league play back into a regional league.
Think of it this way, when the Kobe leaves the Lakers, and they are one of the 3 worst teams in the West. They would get demoted to the NBA D league and replaced with one of the best teams from that league.
The top dog currently is (arguably) the EPL (English Premier League). Unlike NA sports, the regular season is the most important trophy -- as admission and seeding into bonus championships such as the Champions League, UEFA, FA Cup, etc... are based on the previous year's campaign and actually run concurrently with the domestic schedule.Above and beyond the domestic leagues the most prestigious is the Champions League; there the top team(s) from each euro league are entered into a massive competition. Where teams get seeded into the competition (and in what round they enter) is calculated with a crazy matrix of past successes and country weighting. As for the relegation system in England there are 4 divisions (other countries generally have 2+). At the end of each season the bottom 3 teams are sent down and 3 teams are promoted, so it's possible to be kicked out of the national league play back into a regional league.
Just a couple of corrections. There's no seeding in the FA Cup, that's the beauty of it. All English teams are entered (Premiership teams enter in the 3rd round), and the best 2 teams, say Chelsea and Manchester United, could play each other in this round if they are drawn together.Regarding the relegation system, you're correct that 3 go up, 3 go down... but all four Leagues (Premier, Championship and League 1 + 2) are National Leagues, not regional.