Official English Premier League Thread

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One place above relegation in the English premier league is nothing to be ashamed of as it is the best league in the world. Also within the last 5 years teams like Reading and Wigan have came out of no where. They finished 10-12th last season which is definitely an achievement for a newly promoted club.

One place above relegation in the English premier league is nothing to be ashamed of as it is the best league in the world. Also within the last 5 years teams like Reading and Wigan have came out of no where. They finished 10-12th last season which is definitely an achievement for a newly promoted club.
They're only good compared to West Brom. This year they've been rubbish.

big epl fan, looking at the lines today for the blackburn - watford game, the game is in watford, blackburn lost a defender over the weekend, these are the ONLY close reasons why i could imagine watford isnt a HUGE dog, blackburn is +105 where i gamble, god knows ive been wrong before... lol

• 3 weeks later...
Newcastle 2 Liverpool 1Weeee, Newcastle in the top 10.
Liverpool really just gave this game away. I have not seen Gerrard put forth a superlative effort in a long time. He seems.....off.Still it's not like they are playing poorly lately so why frown....
Liverpool really just gave this game away. I have not seen Gerrard put forth a superlative effort in a long time. He seems.....off.Still it's not like they are playing poorly lately so why frown....
you're still 10 pts back of chelski and 16 back of ManU, that would be a reason to frown
you're still 10 pts back of chelski and 16 back of ManU, that would be a reason to frown
I dont think so. Expecting them to be able to beat out two all-star teams like chelsea and Man U is unreasonable. Individual game sure but not over the course of the whole premiership season.I think Liverpool has had a very good season.Edit: Chelski. Haha nice joke. didnt get it the first time.
  • 2 weeks later...
Not the Premiership, but Barca and Liverpool are on ESPN2 right now in their second leg of the Champion's League first round
Good drama but not a good match to watch. Liverpool defended for 90 minutes and looked to counter but hung on to go through.Am I the only one that is really annoyed with the announcers on ESPN. They really have no clue as to what they are talking about.
wrong.
Also within the last 5 years teams like Reading and Wigan have came out of no where.
I have to say this is largely bunk. Steve Coppell is a manager who's early 90s exploits with Crystal Palace seem to have been forgotten but it should have been a surprise to noone he could take a team like Reading that had previously reached the playoffs under Pardew and not only take them up (with a record number of points) but also keep them up. Wigan have a chairman in Dave Whelan who could easily make the funds available to keep a newly promoted team up and a quality manager in Jewell who already had expeirence in getting Bradford City to the EPL and keeping them there.Having said all this I rather hope Wigan do go down, they have one of the worst attendence records in the league and really do not deserve a premiership club.
wrong.
I would love to know what league is better. The EPL has, by far, more foreign stars in it than any other league. Almost every top player is quoted as saying they want to play in the premiership before their career is finished.

what I'd also like to know is where are all of those fans of teh scouser scum that were talking about how they were gonna win the league this year and how my beloved red devils weren't going to finish in the top two. Where are all of you now, huh, hahahahahaha. GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED