Trying through the SNG method.In the last week I have won two stage 2's.In the first Stage 3, I bubbled in 3rd :club: , in the one I played yesterday, I made several bad overcalls and went out in 7th.Overall, I guess thats decent no?

I've made it into two or three $68 SnG's, but haven't been able to go beyond, yet. I'd really love to qualify for this. The possibility of going to Barcelona is appealing.

So far i've made it to two stage 1's. In the first i didnt play too good and went out 6 or 7th. In the 2nd one i only played two hands the entire sng and lost to runner runner straights both hands!! First hand i flopped the straight then lost to runner runner straight and on the 2nd hand i flopped two pair and lost to runner runner straight, talk about some bad luck.Anyone else notice that it takes forever for a stage 3 to fill up, im worried about making it to stage 3 then having to sit around for 8-10 hours just for it to start. I'm starting to wonder if it's even worth trying because having to sit around hoping the stage 3 fills up is very difficult to do.

In the first Stage 3, I bubbled in 3rd :club: , in the one I played yesterday, I made several bad overcalls and went out in 7th.Overall, I guess thats decent no?
very nice, keep it up!
Trying through the SNG method.In the last week I have won two stage 2's.In the first Stage 3, I bubbled in 3rd :club: , in the one I played yesterday, I made several bad overcalls and went out in 7th.Overall, I guess thats decent no?
No.

anyone know if pokerroom has different qualifers ? I noticed most the people in the poker classic so far are from pokerroom, is this just cause they are a big site or are they doing other types of qualifers possibly ?

I am trying the DN way for $1. Have made it to stage 2 but haven't sat around long enough for it to fill up. Maybe tonight....
I'm trying the royal tour way, wait until you get to stage 3 then come to your house and beat your password and login out of you, have your account play while i'm in stage 3, and u chip dump to me.

Im trying. Its tough. Only played in one $68 so far though, I just started trying. Im glad they pushed back the dates. I cant believe though that only something like 13 FCPers are in so far. Where is all of that SnG money going if no one is getting in?

Im trying. Its tough. Only played in one $68 so far though, I just started trying. Im glad they pushed back the dates. I cant believe though that only something like 13 FCPers are in so far. Where is all of that SnG money going if no one is getting in?
i havent tried the sng way, thats why, u can put it at 14 fcp'ers once i start

Since I'm bored here's a list of people who have qualified through FCP:14 totalbigmike411Art_Vandele0Vatche0 aka donkTajisWar_99Billy Clubb^KidPoker aka daniel negreanuchiefclint0 aka protege clintCoinFlipper0 Sir.MuckitG.O.E. aka sleuthisPrincessAmy0chrisc7Ecclesburythunderdan70You can look at the entire list of players here:http://www.ongameclassic.com/players/

Since I'm bored here's a list of people who have qualified through FCP:14 totalbigmike411Art_Vandele0Vatche0 aka donkTajisWar_99Billy Clubb^KidPoker aka daniel negreanuchiefclint0 aka clint baskinCoinFlipper0 Sir.MuckitG.O.E. aka sleuthisPrincessAmy0chrisc7Ecclesburythunderdan70You can look at the entire list of players here:http://www.ongameclassic.com/players/
chiefclint is our famous Clint from the Protege final table and not baskin.
Since I'm bored here's a list of people who have qualified through FCP:14 totalbigmike411Art_Vandele0Vatche0 aka donk TajisWar_99Billy Clubb^KidPoker aka daniel negreanuchiefclint0 aka protege clintCoinFlipper0 Sir.MuckitG.O.E. aka sleuthisPrincessAmy0chrisc7Ecclesburythunderdan70You can look at the entire list of players here:http://www.ongameclassic.com/players/
thx for the sweet descripton gilb.:club: congrats thunder, didnt know you had qualified!!edit...oh snap! sleuthis qualified too, congrats Darrell.
wow so this guy made it to the protege AND the poker classic ? He's my favorite to make the top 45 now. Must be a great player. Either that or he bought directly into it.
he qualified, the seat cost him around 20$...direct buy in is not offered yet.

I just poster this in a pinned topic, so I guess I'll post in here as well:

In case anyone is interested they have recently put up a draft version of both the tournament structure and the payout structure.(EDIT: I can't seem to put a link within a quote so I'll add it at the bottom)Check out that on line stage structure! 50,000 starting stacks (anyone think that might be a typo....5000 sounds more like it!) and 30 minute levels!!! Suits me to a tee.Glad to see that they are also paying out top 80, rather than just the 45 who get to Barcelona. That would have been one hell of a bubble!!
I just have to bring this up again, because it is pretty amazing. BigMike's ticket only cost him $1.10! 4 SnG's back to back! On his first attempt no less!I tried 2 turbo qualifiers (i hate Turbos's) came second, then third, then gave up. Then bought into a $10 stage 1, and won 3 back to back for my ticket. $12.20 total.You're right about the stage 3's taking a while. I found that they usually fill up at certain times. I played my stage 1 on a monday, stage 2 on a tueday and was going to wait for the weekend to play the stage 3, so I could wait around. However, I checked the site at about 11:00pm GMT on the wednesday and there was a table with 8 players. So I sat down and it filled up about 5 minutes later.Have a look at about 11:00pm GMT, or 6:00pm EST (i think) and that seems to be the best time.Structure
I just poster this in a pinned topic, so I guess I'll post in here as well:I just have to bring this up again, because it is pretty amazing. BigMike's ticket only cost him $1.10! 4 SnG's back to back!I tried 2 turbo qualifiers (i hate Turbos's) came second, then third, then gave up. Then bought into a $10 stage 1, and won 3 back to back for my ticket. $12.20 total.You're right about the stage 3's taking a while. I found that they usually fill up at certain times. I played my stage 1 on a monday, stage 2 on a tueday and was going to wait for the weekend to play the stage 3, so I could wait around. However, I checked the site at about 11:00pm GMT and there was a table with 8 players. So I sat down and it filled up about 5 minutes later.Have a look at about 11:00pm GMT, or 6:00pm EST (i think) and that seems to be the best time.Structure
50k starting stack??? omg. :club:
i dont think its 5k because they give 10k starting chips for their 1000+0 tournies.
\hmmmmm, 50k would make sense then!That is going to be a long tournament! Going to be a late night for us players over the pond.
thx for the sweet descripton gilb.:club: congrats thunder, didnt know you had qualified!!edit...oh snap! sleuthis qualified too, congrats Darrell.he qualified, the seat cost him around 20$...direct buy in is not offered yet.
Guess thunder took down the SNG we were in yesterday... congrats!
I had tried a couple of times and kept making it up to the $68 level, then one saturday I sat down and managed to take straight sng's all the way up to the $512, then went on to bust out in 3rd, have not tried again since.
I've got to admit, when it got down to the last 3 in my stage 3 our stacks were pretty even and I was thinking to myself that if I went out at that point I just couldn't bring myself to go through it all again from stage 1. The heads up sessions in both the stage 2 and 3 were pretty intense, really took it out of me.

first off congrads eccles on make it to the finals and thanks for the tip on when to try to compete in stage 3 (too bad im at work at 6pm est)50,000 starting chips ? WOW! Redbull and starbucks should make a nice buck from those that make the finals :club:

I wonder what the structure will be for the $50k freeroll?Oh, and any more news on the additional qualifier bonus for the "major event" satellite. Do we know which major event, or is it players choice? Bob, any idea?

first off congrads eccles on make it to the finals and thanks for the tip on when to try to compete in stage 3 (too bad im at work at 6pm est)
No worries, I know how much of a pain it can be to have to sit and wait for tables to fill up. I guess I just got lucky, and the fact that I hadn't had to sit and wait meant that i was fresh and ready to play!Thanks for the congrats, the buzz of winning the ticket was worth the $10 alone! Really looking forward to all the tournaments.