Recent Jamie Gold Interview....must Listen

bahahahahhaha "Richard Lee was my toughest opponent at that table""I had Cunningham shaken and I had him figured out, he did not have me figured out"Wow...and I hated this guy a lot before this interview.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That quote about how he learnt to count is priceless! What a start to the interview."1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,Ten,Jack,Queen,King,Ace."He's so good he would be raising with a pair of 1's.Here's another that needs more air time:"My style is just telling the truth, and it totally freaked people out........nobody tells the truth at the poker table"This guy is priceless.

First off, half the people writting in this thread did not even watch the PPV broadcast. The guy was part of the reason the tournament was shortened a day. He did play the big stack great, reminded me of phil ivey's play without the donk off because of his huge stack that he could afford to take big gambles i.e. against mark seif.Now against Jamie Gold, he was not the best player at the table, that was obv. Allen Cunningham who way outplayed him. There was a huge hand early on where he and Allen both had trip 9's and Jamie had him luckily outkicked by one. That hand would have put Allen real close to Jamie in which I believe Allen would have gone on to win. Also there is no way that Jamie KNEW he had Lee dominated with QQ vs. JJ, he could have easily had KK in which Jamie would of had very little chance to win seeing that Lee and Allen were the only two making Jamie their beeotch.

There is nothing more sexy than a confident man. There is also nothing more repulsive than a braggart. Humility goes a long way.Daniel said that Jamie Gold was brilliant? Is that true?

You guys are just silly. The stuff about Allen Cunningham is b/s, Allen always looks the exact same way. As far as dominating the tournament / final table, well uh what do you call what he did? As for the colluding, and talking about hands, you are all backwards thinking he did something wrong.

'Johnny Chan didn't even know he was teaching me.''Others players play their cards, their stacks... I play the players.''Nobody has ever been on a show like that in the history of poker.'How does this guy walk with a head that big? Gravity must be hard on the guy.

Well you can hate this guy all you want, but the fact remains he put on a display of some of the the most dominant big stack poker ever seen in a poker tournament. He may be a lowlife, arrogant, lying douchebag...but you have to give him props for playing some pretty amazing poker.

Is this guy kidding me?" I told people what i had and they would still call me. I would show the nuts "OK, I am 100% sure he is not the first player to use reverse psycology while playing cards? I hope Daniel takes him on heads up. Does this guy think luck played no part in his victory? Come on now, skill is the most important factor but to go through 9000 people you must have had to catch some cards?" I knew I was gonna win it, it was my year cause I was playing the best that I ever played? "The only thing that I liked was " Whenever the guy to my left or to my right were new players on my table I would tell them that the blinds are mine or I will bust you"The guys is aarrogant and I don't think "Tony Soprano" ever heard of him?What the matter for you? Moneymaker vs Gold!!!bahahahahahah

Moneymaker vs Gold!!!bahahahahahah
PPV....we could make millions WSOPHUD(World Series of Poker Heads-Up Donkament)Bring together the biggest luckboxes from final table WSOP history(Kanter, Moneymaker, Gold, etc.) and put them in a heads-up donk-off. No, but seriously this guy needs to be put in his place. He thought he needed bodyguards before? What happens now when he gets legit threats from pros telling him to knock off the trash talk. Bad etiquette, bad poker.
I'm getting angry listening to this.
2nd.i had to turn it off when he started downing cunningham.this is the biggest zagnut motherfucker i've ever heard speak.

So Jamie Gold talks a ton of crap, but my favorite line in the whole show was...."Brian Micon is a Spamer"I think its great that this internet degenerate did so well, but I get email from him at least once a week. I haven't request to get off his list as of yet. I'm waiting for the Micon system to sell for $19.99 and if you act now I'll send you a live donkey.

So Jamie Gold talks a ton of crap, but my favorite line in the whole show was...."Brian Micon is a Spamer"I think its great that this internet degenerate did so well, but I get email from him at least once a week. I haven't request to get off his list as of yet. I'm waiting for the Micon system to sell for $19.99 and if you act now I'll send you a live donkey.
Micon is a POS and so is his crew at NWP. If I ever see that little punk live Im gonna knock him out
I've decided I just can't watch the ME knowing a tool like this ends up winning.I'm also considering giving up poker forever. It was cool 10 years ago, still ok 5 years ago, starting to go too pop culture 2 years ago, and now everyone and their grandmother plays poker. It's the hot thing for celebrities, commercials are all over the place, and my 11 year old cousin knows about pot odds.Maybe I'll take up competitive Monopoly or something.
you play poker because its cool?
There is nothing more sexy than a confident man. There is also nothing more repulsive than a braggart. Humility goes a long way.Daniel said that Jamie Gold was brilliant? Is that true?
DN probably did say that, though i'm sure it was somewhat tongue in cheek in the sense that a lot of people seem to play brilliant poker when they run unbelievably well.
A wee bit of a name dropper he is...
is that elisha cuthbert or are you disgusting?

Okay, I listened to the interview after reading most of this post. I didn't come away from it hating him like I thought I would. Not that he is my favorite player all of the sudden. I just didn't see him being as evil as some of you did. I do see the cockiness, just didn't come away feeling as bad about him as some did.