C/o is passive preflop and aggressive postflop. Button is a station.Absolute PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $1/$26 playersConverterPre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with :D:club: UTG folds, Hero calls, CO raises, Button calls, 2 folds, Hero calls.Flop: :D:) :) (7.5SB, 3 players)Hero checks, CO bets, Button calls, Hero calls.Turn: :) (5.25BB, 3 players)Hero checks, CO bets, Button calls, Hero calls.River: :D (8.25BB, 3 players)Hero bets, CO raises, Button folds, Hero calls.Results:Final pot: 12.25BB

C/o is passive preflop and aggressive postflop. Button is a station.
Then why not raise and let him 3-bet. Either on the flop or the turn.We are trapping the button here a ton of the time.Given your reads, you played this hand very poorly, IMO.
why not bet/3-bet the flop and go from there?
Why would you bet the flop? Even if CO doesn't have an A and doesn't bet, button might have an A. I'm check-raising the flop if CO bets to trap button, and if CO 3-bets then I'll go for another check-raise on the turn.OP, I don't like your line unless CO is a maniac postflop. Otherwise, you could potentially miss a lot of bets if CO doesn't have an A (and if CO has an A, he's not going to fold, and may 3-bet if you put in a raise somewhere). Also, as played, I think you should 3-bet the river; if CO is passive preflop, then it's very unlikely that he has you beat (88 or perhaps A8 would be your only concerns).I can't decide about preflop- generally open-limping is inadvisable shorthanded, and I'd probably usually fold this hand, but given your description of the opponents, the limp may make sense here, as long as you think you'll usually end up in a 4- or 5-handed unraised pot, because you'll be in good relative position compared to the aggressive player and the calling station if you are lucky enought to flop the set.

Without question you should c/r either the flop or the turn. My preference would be to wait for the turn, but I tend to outthink myself and they end up not betting twice. All three options are close PF, I tend to fold this tho unless the table is passive.GB