What's The Deal With "scientists?"

There is no "community" of "scientists." There's no scientific circle where the lead "scientists" decide what their "consensus" is. Scientists are just normal people with normal jobs with opinions. Having a science job or an advanced degree doesn't magically make them different from you or me.That being said, what's the deal with people not trusting experts in their fields? For example, a major argument of the 9/11 conspiracy theories is that jet fuel burns at a lower temperature than at which steel melts. Proponents of this conspiracy theory have no training in structural engineering, but for some reason think they know better than experts. A structural engineer explained that the towers lost structural integrity not because the steel melted, but because the steel lost some of its loadbearing properties from heating up. Also, uneven heating causes expansion and different stresses.The whole point of saying that most scientists believe in XXX isn't to prove that XXX is true. The point is to say that many relatively smart and informed people who work in a field that values truth and objectivity seem to agree on a testable scientific fact. Their belief doesn't "prove" anything - it merely suggests if you disagree with them, they may know some things that you don't.

quit trying to trick us. we all know that scientific training and logicweakens your resistance to the power of satan.that is why the majority of scientists are wrong about evolution andother things. they have rejected God's knowledge and allowed satanto infiltrate their minds. they pretend to be smart, but intelligence isdetermined by your "fruits". and by their fruits we can see that they have been deceived. do not be offended by this truth. the wicked are often offended buti am just trying to save you from burning in hell for all eternity.

quit trying to trick us. we all know that scientific training and logicweakens your resistance to the power of satan.that is why the majority of scientists are wrong about evolution andother things. they have rejected God's knowledge and allowed satanto infiltrate their minds. they pretend to be smart, but intelligence isdetermined by your "fruits". and by their fruits we can see that they have been deceived. do not be offended by this truth. the wicked are often offended buti am just trying to save you from burning in hell for all eternity.
If thats a joke its brillant. If your serious I'm scared.On the actual bit about the scientists though. I mean really I guess people have never really trusted them. I mean I notice all the disorder that goes around for people saying they don't believe in evolution or believe in young earth.Well, screw that there are still people that believe "you need to wear a coat otherwise you will catch a cold". Thats sort of why I don't get upset about anti-evolutionists or believers of young earth. If we still don't understand the basics of germ theory what chance does something like evolution have with the general public.
If thats a joke its brillant. If your serious I'm scared.
i would say it is more meanspirited than brilliant.but it raises the question- can you make fun of someone simplyby stating what they honestly believe?from my perspective im basically calling some fundamentalists imbeciles.but from their perspective im stating the truth.
There is no "community" of "scientists." There's no scientific circle where the lead "scientists" decide what their "consensus" is. Scientists are just normal people with normal jobs with opinions. Having a science job or an advanced degree doesn't magically make them different from you or me.
UmThere most certainly is a comunity that meets regularly at conferences, and comunicates through publications, articles and peer review.
i would say it is more meanspirited than brilliant.but it raises the question- can you make fun of someone simplyby stating what they honestly believe?from my perspective im basically calling some fundamentalists imbeciles.but from their perspective im stating the truth.
There is no God and we are all created from random chance from aliens that deposited magic dust in a void in the universe that impoded but grew exponentially into me!Funny stuff I know.
There is no God and we are all created from random chance from aliens that deposited magic dust in a void in the universe that impoded but grew exponentially into me!Funny stuff I know.
what's funny is that you think God is logically differentiable from aliens with magic dust.
But who created the aliens?
He's not diffrentiable. God is a spirit, which is equally as proveable as aliens- heck, probably less.
Heh....what do you mean probably less? Fine one. Boom. There you go.
the one where you said god is less provable than aliens lol
No, I stand behind that- at least there are people that have "witnessed" aliens in the past 100 years. God hasn't revealed himself physically in over 2000 years. God, to me, is everywhere- alot of people see and feel this and try to connect to it. I look at the human body and see God- you see the product of millions of years of evolution. Some peoples perception just will never be able to comprehend God. These people, generally cannot see past themselves, and I mean past us as the best product so far of either creation or evolution, this is it for them. They worship the creation rather than the creator. This didn't start with you. You're actually not all that special. How many societies worshiped the Sun, or the Moon, or the Earth itself? You do the same thing, just more specifically. Whereas an indian prayed to the tree, you pray to the Fossil record. While your approach is more technological, it's still essentialy the same thing, just as God said it would be.
No, I stand behind that- at least there are people that have "witnessed" aliens in the past 100 years. God hasn't revealed himself physically in over 2000 years. God, to me, is everywhere- alot of people see and feel this and try to connect to it. I look at the human body and see God- you see the product of millions of years of evolution. Some peoples perception just will never be able to comprehend God. These people, generally cannot see past themselves, and I mean past us as the best product so far of either creation or evolution, this is it for them. They worship the creation rather than the creator. This didn't start with you. You're actually not all that special. How many societies worshiped the Sun, or the Moon, or the Earth itself? You do the same thing, just more specifically. Whereas an indian prayed to the tree, you pray to the Fossil record. While your approach is more technological, it's still essentialy the same thing, just as God said it would be.
i'm agnostic. i don't have faith in or worship anything, including the fossil record.
i'm agnostic. i don't have faith in or worship anything, including the fossil record.
Heh. No content, I just found this funny. ....Still laughing. Can you imagine what the ceremonies would be like?