How Would It Be Possible To Tell If God Died?

How is it possible to tell if God dies or goes on vacation or moves on to a new project? How is it possible to tell if God already has?The Bible lists many miracles and prophets. But today, even with more people and more problems, there don't seem to be anymore miracles and prophets. Why is this? Why doesn't God respond to prayer anymore?

this can be extended to - how do we know God exists at all?and my answer is, I have no idea.to me the world looks exactly like it would if there were noGod.i keep trying to get an answer from those who are religious andso far they havent come up with anything that is remotely convincing.it might be fine to say that you believe in something because of "faith", butto expect someone else to believe simply because you say so is just insulting.

Well, if that's the way you want to look at it, then God has moved on to something else. That's why this place is going to the shitter.But I don't believe in God as a seperate entity. We are all God and it's our responsibility to raise our standards and look out for each other. We are effing that up, though.

How is it possible to tell if God dies or goes on vacation or moves on to a new project? How is it possible to tell if God already has?The Bible lists many miracles and prophets. But today, even with more people and more problems, there don't seem to be anymore miracles and prophets. Why is this? Why doesn't God respond to prayer anymore?
The problem is not the lack of miracles . . . the problem is the belief today that when something incredible happens, it must have some other explanation . . . other than GOD. There are miracles around us daily. You just have to open your eyes. There are always stories of terminally sick patients being healed, incredible survival stories, women who were told they would never have children, then getting pregnant, paralyzed people regaining the use of their limbs, people coming out of comas for no reason after years, etc. etc. Most people will pass this off as luck or technology. As sure as I am typing this others will respond and say technology has allowed doctors to heal the people we hear about. Many try to give credit to our present-day miracles to the doctors or scientists or whoever...but God seems to be last on our list as the source of EVERYTHING! The Holy Spirit works in the same way today as He did then, working his mighty power to perform miracles through the hands of believers (and in some cases, non-believers). The problem is NOT the lack of miracles...it is recognizing the miracles and the SOURCE of those miracles.
the easter bunny did it
I can always count on you for a quick one liner . . . your like the arnold of this forum . . . lolI actually thought that was funny in a "I feel sorry for you because your going to hell" kinda way . . . :D . . . see . . . christians can have a sense of humor too :club:
I can always count on you for a quick one liner . . . your like the arnold of this forum . . . lolI actually thought that was funny in a "I feel sorry for you because your going to hell" kinda way . . . :D . . . see . . . christians can have a sense of humor too :club:
Much better company in Hell.
Much better company in Hell.
. . . well when you get there . . . tell Hitler I said hello . . . :rolleyes:That just reminded me of that Adam Sandler movie . . . what was the name of it??Little Nicky or something?
but God seems to be last on our list as the source of EVERYTHING!
So "EVERYTHING" includes millions of children dying of starvation each year, the slaughter of thousands of innocents, the other 99.9999999999% of people that don't get a "miracle"....and just die....right? Thats what an omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient God is right? - A God that sees everything, plans everything, knows everything, is "the source of everything", judges everything, etc., etc.You get where I'm going right? If God is the source of everything, then he is the source for both "good" and "evil".I feel like we're talking about Zeus or something... :club:
The problem is not the lack of miracles . . . the problem is the belief today that when something incredible happens, it must have some other explanation . . . other than GOD. There are miracles around us daily. You just have to open your eyes. There are always stories of terminally sick patients being healed, incredible survival stories, women who were told they would never have children, then getting pregnant, paralyzed people regaining the use of their limbs, people coming out of comas for no reason after years, etc. etc. Most people will pass this off as luck or technology. As sure as I am typing this others will respond and say technology has allowed doctors to heal the people we hear about. Many try to give credit to our present-day miracles to the doctors or scientists or whoever...but God seems to be last on our list as the source of EVERYTHING! The Holy Spirit works in the same way today as He did then, working his mighty power to perform miracles through the hands of believers (and in some cases, non-believers). The problem is NOT the lack of miracles...it is recognizing the miracles and the SOURCE of those miracles.
You do realize the problem that once you acknowledge the mircles, then you have the problem of "why is god being so cruel to everyone else, but this one person get to survive when his heart stops beating for 8 hours".(I'm in basic agreement with the post, but this is always going to be this problem of "is it unjust to cause miracles?")
So "EVERYTHING" includes millions of children dying of starvation each year, the slaughter of thousands of innocents, the other 99.9999999999% of people that don't get a "miracle"....and just die....right? Thats what an omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient God is right? - A God that sees everything, plans everything, knows everything, is "the source of everything", judges everything, etc., etc.You get where I'm going right? If God is the source of everything, then he is the source for both "good" and "evil".I feel like we're talking about Zeus or something... :club:
This argument is old . . . let's not turn this into a "he does exist, he doesn't exist" thread. There are a brazillian others just like it on here.I could go into the whole fallen world, free will explanation . . . but it has been said a million times over. . . . and yes I get where your going . . . it's the same circular argument over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over . . . .
This argument is old . . . let's not turn this into a "he does exist, he doesn't exist" thread. There are a brazillian others just like it on here.I could go into the whole fallen world, free will explanation . . . but it has been said a million times over. . . . and yes I get where your going . . . it's the same circular argument over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over . . . .
I'm not actually going where you think I'm going. I believe in God, or some sort of higher intelligence. I'm just saying if you see God as an "all knowing being" then you accept the good with the evil and recognize humans as having free will or not having free will, or maybe...only the possibility of free will through intense inner work. This whole "free will with divine intervention" stuff leads itself to the idea of an un-fair or discriminating God.
I'm not actually going where you think I'm going. I believe in God, or some sort of higher intelligence. I'm just saying if you see God as an "all knowing being" then you accept the good with the evil and recognize humans as having free will or not having free will, or maybe...only the possibility of free will through intense inner work. This whole "free will with divine intervention" stuff leads itself to the idea of an un-fair or discriminating God.
Fair enough. Good point. It goes back to the same question of why GOD will answer some prayers while others he does not. Why does he heal some and not others? The answer is . . . I don't know. Nobody does . . . except him. What he does tell us is that he has a plan for us . . . each one of us. So through Faith I trust GOD and his plan for me. Even in bad times I know that GOD's will is being done. I may not understand it . . . but I trust him and his reasons. I also know that one day I will find out and it will all make sense. For now . . . I live by Faith.No sw . . . that was a good point and argument.

I play SIMS 2 and other "god" games like Black and White. I figure humanity is merely one of God's saved games. When he first started it, he was really interested in it, but now he's moved onto to new ideas. Occasionally he comes back and messes with his old save file, but for the most part it's gathering dust.

I play SIMS 2 and other "god" games like Black and White. I figure humanity is merely one of God's saved games. When he first started it, he was really interested in it, but now he's moved onto to new ideas. Occasionally he comes back and messes with his old save file, but for the most part it's gathering dust.
probably not a very good answer though
Why don't you just add that your 9? It would save alot of time.
When you get to heaven there a sign saying "be back in __ minutes" on the gate it means hes taking a break.
Fair enough. Good point. It goes back to the same question of why GOD will answer some prayers while others he does not. Why does he heal some and not others? The answer is . . . I don't know. Nobody does . . . except him. What he does tell us is that he has a plan for us . . . each one of us. So through Faith I trust GOD and his plan for me. Even in bad times I know that GOD's will is being done. I may not understand it . . . but I trust him and his reasons. I also know that one day I will find out and it will all make sense. For now . . . I live by Faith.No sw . . . that was a good point and argument.
It's his Sovereignty.

sluggo needs to be banned from this forum as his posts cuase me to feel physical pain in my brain area. I try not to look but i always accidentally seem them in the post queve. no im not joking btw.ban, plzsry sluggo