Please Help

i need some help,today i was sitting at home on my day off when i had an old buddy stop by to show me the new vehical he purchased, an 03 mazda r6. its an awesome car and i was excided for him. Then he told me what he paid for it. first off he paid sticker price for it, $16,900, way to much KBB has it at 12,300...then, his wife had really bad credit(this is who the car is really for) so he co-signed...but they are still paying 17.8% intrest, so the total in the end for the car is a little over 27,000. this is wayyy to much. for one, i know the dealership can come down on both the price and the interst rate. but im not sure how to go about getting this done since he signed for the car on saturday. is there any three day cooling off period in florida (i couldnt find it on the internet anywhere). and if so, is it to late???anything will help, Thanks, Gary

i need some help,today i was sitting at home on my day off when i had an old buddy stop by to show me the new vehical he purchased, an 03 mazda r6. its an awesome car and i was excided for him. Then he told me what he paid for it. first off he paid sticker price for it, $16,900, way to much KBB has it at 12,300...then, his wife had really bad credit(this is who the car is really for) so he co-signed...but they are still paying 17.8% intrest, so the total in the end for the car is a little over 27,000. this is wayyy to much. for one, i know the dealership can come down on both the price and the interst rate. but im not sure how to go about getting this done since he signed for the car on saturday. is there any three day cooling off period in florida (i couldnt find it on the internet anywhere). and if so, is it to late???anything will help, Thanks, Gary
he is probably screwed. i would find a lawyer friend to ask.....

thanks for the responce, honestly i dont have any laywer friends, ive looked everywhere on the internet to see if florida has a cooling off period but couldnt find it....i tried a bunch of car forums but no one replys....

Yes, Florida has a 3 day recision period. I was a car dealer there.
tell him to go to lendingtree.com and try to refinance it... other than that, I'd imagine he's out of luck.
yea, that is what i told him to do if he can get out of it....but if its possible to get out of it i have a really good friend that sells car and can get him a way better price...my friend only makes 10/hour... so he cant afford this car...
Contact these people. They should be able to tell you:http://www.800helpfla.com/contactus.html
thanks for the website, they are the right people to talk to, but right now all their offices are closed. does anyone else know any other info they could give me tonight??thanks again coleslaw
Fold preflop?
all in preflop...duh
my friend only makes 10/hour.
ouch! Good thing he has friends like you looking out for him. You should try to talk some sense into him about doing things like this in the future....only makes 10/hr and is spending over a years salary on a car for his girlfriend who by the way has bad credit which means she hasnt paid up in the past. It sounds like your friend made a mistake he will be paying for for a long time. Hope everything works out.I forgot the website but i think its google, they have a section where you can ask questions and people tend to respond pretty fast. This sounds like something that suits your needs.

i see this all too often and it aalways ends up bad .. not to sound like a jerk but never co sign for any thing or any one lol ppl dont always intend to screw you but it isnt always garunteed they wont no matter how close shi t happens

http://myfloridalegal.com/pages.nsf/main/1...33;OpenDocumentThere's this site called google. You should try it some time.
Nice find.But not specifically on point. Maybe you should go easy on the insults before verifying your information is relevant."Contrary to general assumption, there is no federal law giving buyers the right to cancel their new car purchase within three days of sale. The often-cited Federal Trade Commission (FTC) "Cooling Off" law is only effective for door-to-door sales or sales made at other than the seller's place of business. However, many states have enacted their own versions of the FTC law, affording broader protections than what the federal law does. Prior to purchase, prospective buyers should check with their state's attorney general's office to see if automobile purchases are covered under state law." From http://law.enotes.com/everyday-law-encyclo...ar-registrationThe Florida AG site linked by nosoul makes no mention of cars, but the home solicitation and service contracts mirroring the FTC Cooling Off law. Check with either the contact information above or the AG to check and see if Florida has added to the legislation at the state level to include cars.You should be able to get clear answers over the phone during business hours from that link I posted. DO THAT FIRST.But if you do not like the answer, you need to start looking at alternative solutions. There are regulations and laws related to the purchase of vehicle so see if the dealer has broken a regulation. That would give you bargaining power to demand a return.Good summary here: http://law.enotes.com/everyday-law-encyclo...ar-registrationGood luck. I'll paste the above link information here in case anyone is interested:BORING ALERT. DISCONTINUE READING UNLESS YOUR *** OR CASH IS ON THE LINE.Before individuals purchase a vehicle, there are already several federal laws at work that govern the quality and safety of products available for their purchase. Most of these are found under Title 15 (Commerce and Trade) of the U. S. Code. * The federal Automobile Information Disclosure Act, 15 USC 1231 et seq., requires automobile manufacturers and importers of new cars to affix a sticker on the window of each vehicle, called the "Monroney label." The label must list the base price of the vehicle, each option installed by the manufacturer and its suggested retail price, the transportation charge, and the car's fuel economy (in miles per gallon). Only the ultimate user (the buyer) can remove the label. * For used vehicles, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has passed its Used Car Rule under 15 USC 41, which applies in all states except Maine and Wisconsin. (These states have adopted their own rules governing used car sales.) Under the Used Car Rule, dealers must prominently post buyer's guides on used vehicles that advises whether the vehicles comes with a WARRANTY and what type or are sold "as is." The buyer's guide must be given to the buyer if the buyer purchases a used vehicle, and it becomes part of the purchase contract, and its terms override any conflicting terms in the contract. * The National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act of 1966, 15 USC 1381 et seq., has been broken down and re-codified over the years into many legal progeny. The following laws address such matters as motor vehicle or driver safety; minimum standards for motor vehicle emissions, fuel economy, bumper standards, or crash-worthiness; motor vehicle manufacturer recalls or advisories; manufacturer and dealer disclosures, etc. * The Motor Vehicle Information and Cost Saving Act, 15 USC 1901 et seq., (much of which has been broken down into additional acts and laws, and recodified under Title 49, Transportation) contains numerous provisions for minimum quality and safety standards, disclosure, and reporting requirements. * The federal Truth in Mileage Act of 1986, commonly referred to as the "Anti-Tampering Odometer Law," (PL 99-579) (49 CFR 580) criminalizes any act that falsifies actual odometer readings and mandates that each transferor of a motor vehicle furnish the transferee certain information concerning the vehicle's history. * The Clean Air Act, 42 USC 7401 et seq., addresses minimum standards for exhaust emissions on motor vehicles. * The Anti-Car Theft Act of 1992, 15 USC 2021 et seq., establishes, among other things, a national motor vehicle title information system to disrupt attempts to obtain legitimate vehicle ownership by auto thieves. It also provides for the inspection of exports for stolen vehicles.Product WarrantiesThe federal MAGNUSON-MOSS WARRANTY ACT, 42 USC 2301 et seq. (1984) is applicable to warranties for purchases of automobiles. Under the Act, any warranty accompanying a product must be designated as either "full" or "limited." Importantly, if a manufacturer has given a full or limited warranty on a new car, it cannot disclaim any implied warranties. However, some states have laws that effectively void any IMPLIED WARRANTY for buyer's guide used vehicles that are checked "As Is-No Warranty."Implied warranties are exactly that: implied. They follow the sale of certain consumer goods automatically, without any express writing or document. The implied warranty of merchantability basically guarantees that the product is what it is stated to be and is adequate for the purpose for which it is purchased. Under the UNIFORM COMMERCIAL CODE (UCC), adopted in all 50 states, this implied warranty only applies to sellers in the business of selling the particular item and does not apply to incidental sales or cross-consumer sales.However, the implied warranty of fitness for a particular purchase applies to all sellers, even nonprofessionals. Under this warranty, the seller is presumed to guarantee that the car sold (e.g., a restored race car), is fit for the particular purpose for which it is being sold.Lemon Laws for New and Used VehiclesAll 50 states have enacted "lemon laws" to protect consumers from defective new automobiles. Some states have enacted separate LEMON LAWS to cover used vehicles. While their application and protections vary from state to state, they generally protect consumers from having to keep defective new vehicles. Lemon laws entitle buyers to a replacement new vehicle or a full refund if a dealer cannot fix a vehicle to conform with a warranty after three or four repair attempts made within six months to a year (state variations). Some state laws also entitle buyers to such a remedy if the new vehicle is out of commission for more than 30 non-consecutive days during the warranty period or a STATUTORY period, e.g., one year.Credit MattersThe federal CONSUMER CREDIT PROTECTION ACT, 15 USC 1601 et seq., also referred to as the Truth in Lending Act, assures that consumers receive specific information regarding the terms, conditions, and final cost of financing. It also requires disclosure of other information that will contribute to a meaningful choice and decision to finance the purchase.
I own both my vehicles. No payments is +ev.Just trying to increase morale in this thread.
2ndI used to spend a lot of money on cars but after 20 years of at least one car payment I just got tired of them. I haven't' had a car payment in 5 years and I love it!

I used to sell cars for about 4 months and there is no REAL 3 day cooling off period. Alot of places will tell you as soon as you leave the lot you have legally taken possession of the vehicle, but the truth is as soon as you have signed the papers and the keys are in your hand you are an owner. sorry about your friend, very cool of you to look out for him, sucks its in vain.

wow, I hope you got your help. that is a complexing situation
Hey Xxhibit...After you pimped my Gremlin, a few days later the beer tap/shifter stopped working!Please call me so we can fix it asap....The other three are ok... but I dont wanna take no chances