Atlantic City Trip

Leaving tomorrow for AC with the wife. Plan on planning in some of the tourneys there, i am looking forward to the midnight tourney at the Taj ($38+12). Anyone else here that can give me some info on good tourneys and where the good rooms are at for low limit NLHE it would be appreciated. Also, anyone here play in the Friday night $500 buy in at Borgata.. how is that tourney?Thanks, wish me luck!!

Leaving tomorrow for AC with the wife. Plan on planning in some of the tourneys there, i am looking forward to the midnight tourney at the Taj ($38+12). Anyone else here that can give me some info on good tourneys and where the good rooms are at for low limit NLHE it would be appreciated. Also, anyone here play in the Friday night $500 buy in at Borgata.. how is that tourney?Thanks, wish me luck!!
New room at Borgata is great. Service there is great. I only play there.Fri $500 + $60 details:Players receive 10,000 in tournament chips.Levels will last 30 minutes in length.I haven't played this one but they always have good tournament structures. I haven't played midnight at Taj yet, but will probably in my next trip in a couple of weeks. I'll be playing Ultimate Satellite below:http://www.theborgata.com/em_ultpoker/em_ultpoker.html

The midnight tourney at the Taj gives you 10,000 in chips but the rounds are only 6 minutes..... The tourneys at 12:15 and 6:15 are 5000 in chips and 20 minute rounds for 80 + 20

New room at Borgata is great. Service there is great. I only play there.Fri $500 + $60 details:Players receive 10,000 in tournament chips.Levels will last 30 minutes in length.I haven't played this one but they always have good tournament structures. I haven't played midnight at Taj yet, but will probably in my next trip in a couple of weeks. I'll be playing Ultimate Satellite below:http://www.theborgata.com/em_ultpoker/em_ultpoker.html
i agree the new room at the borgata is very nice. the tournies there are pretty good to. i am not sure but last time i was in AC someone told me that the Taj midnight is a speed tourney
There are plenty of great tournaments down there. I have not yet tried the Borgata $500 yet but the Tropicana has a tourney that is $100 +20 with one add on that pays $10k for first place if they get 100 or more which they almost always do on Friday's.I like the games at the Borgata but can't agree that I love the new room yet. It is very nice room but unless things have improved I think the service was terrible.Although they have 85 tables many were closed when I was there on a weekend because they did not have enough dealers. The drink service was just so/so and they have one pretty dumb design flaw in my opinion, they only have 1 bathroom in a room that at capacity could have 850+ people not counting rail birds or people waiting for a table.But despite that I also will be going down there for the Super Satellite in two weeks.Good luck and have fun,majorleag
The midnight tourney at the Taj gives you 10,000 in chips but the rounds are only 6 minutes..... The tourneys at 12:15 and 6:15 are 5000 in chips and 20 minute rounds for 80 + 20
Actually the rounds last 12 minutes unless they changed it in the last couple of weeks.
Fri $500 + $60 details:Players receive 10,000 in tournament chips.Levels will last 30 minutes in length.
Do you have a rough idea what first pays? Or how many places they do pay? I know it is based on # of entries, but if you have a rough idea it would be appreciated.
Actually the rounds last 12 minutes unless they changed it in the last couple of weeks.
I think that is why i am looking forward to this tourney. Here in VA, poker is banned at public places when played for money. But, we have a free roll league here that plays at different bars so that is what i have to play here for tourney's. Anyways, for my league, start with $1500.00 in chips 15 minute blinds and use pretty much the basic blind structure, but with no antes ever. So, my way of thinking (and god i hope i am right!! LOL) if i can win here with this type of tourney, that midnight one should be right up my alley (knock on wood). thanks for the info, will let everyone know how it goes. Wish me luck!!
Do you have a rough idea what first pays? Or how many places they do pay? I know it is based on # of entries, but if you have a rough idea it would be appreciated.I think that is why i am looking forward to this tourney. Here in VA, poker is banned at public places when played for money. But, we have a free roll league here that plays at different bars so that is what i have to play here for tourney's. Anyways, for my league, start with $1500.00 in chips 15 minute blinds and use pretty much the basic blind structure, but with no antes ever. So, my way of thinking (and god i hope i am right!! LOL) if i can win here with this type of tourney, that midnight one should be right up my alley (knock on wood). thanks for the info, will let everyone know how it goes. Wish me luck!!
I don't know about the Borgata tourney but the Taj midnight tourney I believe usually pays around $2,500 to $3,500. It should suit your style but be prepared for quite a few very loose players. The last time I played I was knocked out with Ace, King against a player calling with Queen, 6 off suit and catching his 6 so you need a strong stomach but it's cheap so if you catch some cards you may do well.Have fun and good luck
The midnight tourney at the Taj gives you 10,000 in chips but the rounds are only 6 minutes, but this can't possibly be right, because that's such a ridiculous crapshoot you may as well eat your money and see if you crap with interest..... The tourneys at 12:15 and 6:15 are 5000 in chips and 20 minute rounds for 80 + 20
I think there was a typo, so FYP.
Do you have a rough idea what first pays? Or how many places they do pay? I know it is based on # of entries, but if you have a rough idea it would be appreciated.thanks for the info, will let everyone know how it goes. Wish me luck!!
If there are 200 players, 1st should be about $30k.