Just Got $1600 Stolen From My Neteller.

add that to the list of sites that i will never play. they ask you to go to the police dept? wtf. yes officer, i was illegally gambling on the internet and would like to file a report. the person who hacked my neteller also deposited on pacific. sketchy!!!

add that to the list of sites that i will never play. they ask you to go to the police dept? wtf. yes officer, i was illegally gambling on the internet and would like to file a report. the person who hacked my neteller also deposited on pacific. sketchy!!!
What happened in the end result with your account?

PREFACE: I'm going to sound like a bitter jerk in this post.Ok, so let me get this straight.....Poker Player uses Neteller. Poker Player is happy with Neteller and things are going great. Poker Player then gets a virus/keylogger/trojan/whatever that allows someone to get their Neteller information, and they get ripped off.Neteller retrieves all the money in a matter of days.Poker Player then decides that Neteller is not safe and looks at moving to some other site...... ?This is silly. Do you see why?Ray

if you are referring to me, all i said was that i would never use pacific poker because they asked the OP to file a police report. i have not changed sites...never played there before.
Nah, I was referring to OP's:"No clue but I guess its IGM and Firepay from here on out. I've now heard so many horror stories about money getting taken from Neteller accounts.."I've heard several too, in every one I have heard, the user was the one doing something wrong, and Neteller did everything in their power to fix it. Personally I love Neteller, which is why this is coming up...Some people asked why you would leave money in Neteller, and I can say I do it because I don't like to leave a large part of my bankroll on any one site. I trust Neteller far more than I trust random poker site overseas.Ray
Nah, I was referring to OP's:"No clue but I guess its IGM and Firepay from here on out. I've now heard so many horror stories about money getting taken from Neteller accounts.."I've heard several too, in every one I have heard, the user was the one doing something wrong, and Neteller did everything in their power to fix it. Personally I love Neteller, which is why this is coming up...Some people asked why you would leave money in Neteller, and I can say I do it because I don't like to leave a large part of my bankroll on any one site. I trust Neteller far more than I trust random poker site overseas.Ray
Please tell me how I got a torjan/virus/keylogger and they didnt touch any money on any of my poker accounts or anything at all.. I understand Neteller is a great company but it seems like no one EVER has a problem with Firepay or IGM..I have not downloaded anything from anyone I dont know personally, havnt downloaded anything from any forums, or filled out any fake spam emails. I am so confused how someone got into my account so easily.

Well, you tell me.Fake E-mail to change your Neteller password or something? And what makes you think someone only got your Neteller account, or its not still logging? Have you run mutliple different scanners? Have you shared your account info with anyone? Have you saved it in an email somewhere? Have you IM'd it to yourself from one place to another?There's many many ways they could have it. And it is a Bad Thing for you to assume that a) its all they have and b) all they will ever have. You need to do a lot of scanning to figure otu what happened, but to assume it was Neteller is probably false. There's very few ways that Netller could be compromised that would not result in a massive fraud issue, and there's been no such buzz.I've actually heard similarly bad stories with Firepay, and worse stories when trying to retrieve money from them (delay wise, not hacking wise). I've heard NOTHING on IGM, which actually frightens me a bit more. :)I'm coming across as a Netller shill, and that's bad and not my point. My point is simply that it is unlikely that this problem is Neteller's fault, and you need to investigate this a lot more right now to make sure you don't have more potential issues later on...Ray

my computer is always updated and very safe, and i havent downloaded any kind of calculator or anything unknown...i swept my computer 3 times right when it happened and there were no viruses...this had nothing to do with key logging, this was a security issue with neteller...if it was a keylogger, my paypal and other accounts wouldve been hit, none were.neteller is making good and paying everyone back, but on the same note, they dont want to look unsafe for future business...maybe thats why they are working the whole "its your fault but well help you out" angle.
Well, you tell me.Fake E-mail to change your Neteller password or something? And what makes you think someone only got your Neteller account, or its not still logging? Have you run mutliple different scanners? Have you shared your account info with anyone? Have you saved it in an email somewhere? Have you IM'd it to yourself from one place to another?There's many many ways they could have it. And it is a Bad Thing for you to assume that a) its all they have and B) all they will ever have. You need to do a lot of scanning to figure otu what happened, but to assume it was Neteller is probably false. There's very few ways that Netller could be compromised that would not result in a massive fraud issue, and there's been no such buzz.I've actually heard similarly bad stories with Firepay, and worse stories when trying to retrieve money from them (delay wise, not hacking wise). I've heard NOTHING on IGM, which actually frightens me a bit more. :)I'm coming across as a Netller shill, and that's bad and not my point. My point is simply that it is unlikely that this problem is Neteller's fault, and you need to investigate this a lot more right now to make sure you don't have more potential issues later on...Ray
I usually dont run scans which is my fault but soon as I found about this yesterday I reformatted my HD and reinstalled windows so whatever I did have if anything is now gone.What do you use to scan your computer?
my computer is always updated and very safe, and i havent downloaded any kind of calculator or anything unknown...i swept my computer 3 times right when it happened and there were no viruses...this had nothing to do with key logging, this was a security issue with neteller...if it was a keylogger, my paypal and other accounts wouldve been hit, none were.neteller is making good and paying everyone back, but on the same note, they dont want to look unsafe for future business...maybe thats why they are working the whole "its your fault but well help you out" angle.
Same thing for me, only thing I have ever used was PokerStove and PokerOffice and never had any issues with it. Neteller was the only thing that was touched, no emails, no paypal, no firepay, no poker accounts, no documents, nothing except my neteller.
I usually dont run scans which is my fault but soon as I found about this yesterday I reformatted my HD and reinstalled windows so whatever I did have if anything is now gone.What do you use to scan your computer?
Also change every password you can think of, especially E-mail. Listening to everything you say, someone having your e-mail password SEEMS most likely. (who knows for sure)I use: CCleaner - About once every two weeksMicrosoft Windows Defender - Nightly RunSpyBot Search and Destroy - Once A WeekAdAware - Once a WeekNortan AntiVirus - On All the timeBitDefender Online Scanner - About Biweekly, unless something seems weird.(All should be easily googleable.)The last one is to make sure that a virus has not corrupted my system disabling other virus scanners.Yah, I'm paranoid. :)I know what you mean that they would recover your money simply to save face and try not to appear vulnerable, but there's a lot more people with a lot more money in Neteller and no grumblings from them. Its hard to beleive there's some secret security breach going on...Ray
Also change every password you can think of, especially E-mail. Listening to everything you say, someone having your e-mail password SEEMS most likely. (who knows for sure)I use: CCleaner - About once every two weeksMicrosoft Windows Defender - Nightly RunSpyBot Search and Destroy - Once A WeekAdAware - Once a WeekNortan AntiVirus - On All the timeBitDefender Online Scanner - About Biweekly, unless something seems weird.(All should be easily googleable.)The last one is to make sure that a virus has not corrupted my system disabling other virus scanners.Yah, I'm paranoid. :)I know what you mean that they would recover your money simply to save face and try not to appear vulnerable, but there's a lot more people with a lot more money in Neteller and no grumblings from them. Its hard to beleive there's some secret security breach going on...Ray
I will install most of those except norton I hate them. I also changed all my passwords when I had the fresh install of windows. Now I have to open a new bank account which is a HUGE PITA.
Please tell me how I got a torjan/virus/keylogger and they didnt touch any money on any of my poker accounts or anything at all.. I understand Neteller is a great company but it seems like no one EVER has a problem with Firepay or IGM.. I have not downloaded anything from anyone I dont know personally, havnt downloaded anything from any forums, or filled out any fake spam emails. I am so confused how someone got into my account so easily.
Umm......I lost $10k because someone was able to login to my party account and make an instant deposit at IGM-Pay.So............yeah
I will install most of those except norton I hate them. I also changed all my passwords when I had the fresh install of windows. Now I have to open a new bank account which is a HUGE PITA.
Sucky on the bank account :(If you hate Norton, go with McAfee, IMHO its pretty much a wash which one of those two you use as long as you use one..Ray

My situation was a little different. I had a keylogger (same deal...I never download anything unknown or respond to emails/IMs from unknown people).....I cleared my system of it, and today another one was found and ive been especially paranoid about not leaving the computer online when Im not using it, etc.).They went into my Party account, made an InstaCash deposit and transferred that money out to other players. The other player is apparently an "innocent intermediary", who takes the transfer in one poker site and agrees to transfer money to another player in a different poker site, with a "fee" for the trouble. The total amount was $3600+. However, I intentionally left the bank account for instacash dry unless I was immediately depositing it myself. So the InstaCash bounced, neteller or Party is out the money. Neither has tried to make a claim against me. In that case I was out two bounced check fees.They also got into my Full Tilt account, and I noticed an email about a pending withdrawal WHILE IT WAS HAPPENING. With no customer service number I couldnt call, so i tried to stop the transfer by email, but I was too late. The "intermediary" process was used here too, and initially Full Tilt reimbursed my account, taking it from the "intermediary". soon after they retransferred the money out of my account back to the intermediary saying that since he was "innocent" of any wrongdoing they couldnt take it from him. I complained to them, but to no avail. I wont play full tilt again. That cost me about $700. (I also bitched to Jesus Ferguson live about it, but of course he didnt give a crap, just being a hired mouthpiece).The same thing as Party was attempted at PokerStars. PokerStars Security recognized the IP address of the perpetrator and froze all transactions until i was contacted, so no money was lost there.I promptly emptied my accounts at all other sites. With no neteller account, funding them has become a royal pain. I currently have no method of getting money into FCP for example.

My situation was a little different. I had a keylogger (same deal...I never download anything unknown or respond to emails/IMs from unknown people).....I cleared my system of it, and today another one was found and ive been especially paranoid about not leaving the computer online when Im not using it, etc.).They went into my Party account, made an InstaCash deposit and transferred that money out to other players. The other player is apparently an "innocent intermediary", who takes the transfer in one poker site and agrees to transfer money to another player in a different poker site, with a "fee" for the trouble. The total amount was $3600+. However, I intentionally left the bank account for instacash dry unless I was immediately depositing it myself. So the InstaCash bounced, neteller or Party is out the money. Neither has tried to make a claim against me. In that case I was out two bounced check fees.They also got into my Full Tilt account, and I noticed an email about a pending withdrawal WHILE IT WAS HAPPENING. With no customer service number I couldnt call, so i tried to stop the transfer by email, but I was too late. The "intermediary" process was used here too, and initially Full Tilt reimbursed my account, taking it from the "intermediary". soon after they retransferred the money out of my account back to the intermediary saying that since he was "innocent" of any wrongdoing they couldnt take it from him. I complained to them, but to no avail. I wont play full tilt again. That cost me about $700. (I also bitched to Jesus Ferguson live about it, but of course he didnt give a crap, just being a hired mouthpiece).The same thing as Party was attempted at PokerStars. PokerStars Security recognized the IP address of the perpetrator and froze all transactions until i was contacted, so no money was lost there.I promptly emptied my accounts at all other sites. With no neteller account, funding them has become a royal pain. I currently have no method of getting money into FCP for example.
As far as I know, you can void the transaction in cashier. Were you unable to login once they got your account? I'm guessing so. Anyways, I agree, even though I love FTP, they need to get a freaking phone number.