For my very first post here I thought I'd ask a possibly dumb question.Middle portion of a tournament. I have two guys 3 and 4 seats to my left who were playing very aggressively. Between the two of them, they raised preflop almost every time. When villain #1 raises, villain #2 usually called, but occasionally re-raised. I am dealt AA utg. I called the BB, on cue, they raised and re-raised, and I came over the top for 4X the re-raise. They both folded.OK, was it a good play to call the BB, or should I have raised right away?

When people say you should never slowplay AA they are referencing 'normal' table conditions. In this situation there's nothing wrong with limping. I would just say that you should not be re-raising a small amount like 4X the BB. Don't give them odds to call you with position. Probably push it.

I should have been a little more clear. BB was 200, raise was 600, re-raise was 1200, I re-raised 4800. This was my attempt at the "Hammer" from Harrington volume II.
You can definitely do this from time to time at the right tables. As long as you are certain that it will be raised behind you most of the time.If it doesn't get raised, you end up playing a multiway pot with AA, out of position, so if that happens, be very careful postflop.- Zach
You can definitely do this from time to time at the right tables. As long as you are certain that it will be raised behind you most of the time.If it doesn't get raised, you end up losing a multiway pot with AA, out of position, so if that happens, be very careful postflop.- Zach
FYP

What is your table image like? If you're sitting there quiet only playing a few hands and only showing down good hands, when you limp-reraise you are going to scream AA to even the dumbest of players. Even the people who raise every hand and then limp re-raise scream AA.If they are so raise-happy why not open up with a raise, let one of them do the re-raising for you and hopefully isolate himself making it heads up and smooth call him and move in on a favorable flop?I really dislike limp-reraises from EP with aa, once in a while you get lucky and get some one who's already thrown their whole stack in by the time it gets back to you, but not enough to make it a worth-while play in the long run.Stick to limp re-raising from EP with hangs like 10-8o and play them aces straight, and they should pay you off a lot more in the long run.