playing 200 no limit at the Bike. No reads as this was just my 3rd hand and there is 1 guy with a good stack but everyone else is hovering around the max buy-in. I got around 180 at the start of the hand and the villain has about 165.Villain makes it 20 UTG, folded around to me on the button and before i can even act both blinds throw their hands away so i decide to just smooth call and conceal the strength of my hand. Flop comes QQT with 2 spades (i have the king of spades), Villain bets 20 again, i make it 50, he pushes in for 95 more. At this point i'm not really sure what i could beat, although i dont totally discredit the fact that he could have JJ or KJ. I dont put him on 10s, but he almost has to have KQ, AQ or AA at this spot no? Would you call considering there is 235 in the pot and its only 95 more to you? Results to follow (although i didnt have a good night - opponent hit a 3-outer on me in a 300 dollar pot).

playing 200 no limit at the Bike. No reads as this was just my 3rd hand and there is 1 guy with a good stack but everyone else is hovering around the max buy-in. I got around 180 at the start of the hand and the villain has about 165.Villain makes it 20 UTG, folded around to me on the button and before i can even act both blinds throw their hands away so i decide to just smooth call and conceal the strength of my hand. Flop comes QQT with 2 spades (i have the king of spades), Villain bets 20 again, i make it 50, he pushes in for 95 more. At this point i'm not really sure what i could beat, although i dont totally discredit the fact that he could have JJ or KJ. I dont put him on 10s, but he almost has to have KQ, AQ or AA at this spot no? Would you call considering there is 235 in the pot and its only 95 more to you? Results to follow (although i didnt have a good night - opponent hit a 3-outer on me in a 300 dollar pot).
If you have a couple buyins in your pocket I call. Any reads? Did he do push in instantly after you raised?
Would you call considering there is 235 in the pot and its only 95 more to you?
getting 2.5 to 1. i'd call.but i'd also re-raise preflop 99% of the time.
getting 2.5 to 1. i'd call.but i'd also re-raise preflop 99% of the time.
i would've too had both blinds not folded.
does this mean you lost the pot?
actually the 5-outer happened on a different hand later on in the night
If you have a couple buyins in your pocket I call. Any reads? Did he do push in instantly after you raised?
he thought for about 4 seconds and said all-in and his body looked very tense as i thought about the hand for a minute. I eventually called and he flipped over his aces and spiked an ace on the turn for good measure.I re-loaded up to 300 but like i said earlier, another opponent hit a 5-outer on me in a big pot that pretty much broke me. And the ****** slowrolled me! Here's the hand:Folded around to the cut-off who limps in, button limps, i complete in the SB with 96 and the BB checks his option. Flop comes 986 with 2 hearts. I lead for a pot-sized bet, BB folds, and the CO and Button both call. Turn is a black 2. There was about 65 in the pot at this point and i lead in for 50, CO calls and the Button folds. River comes a black Ace. I had put my opponent on some sort of draw (97 or a nut flush draw) and my opponent was a very passive player so i knew he would probably just call me down the whole way with a draw like that. The only nut flush draw that could make a 2-pair on the river was A2. I put in a half-defense bet/half-value bet and bet 60 on the river. I knew he wouldnt raise me here without a better hand because he was a really predictable player. After he's thinking for about 25 seconds i'm pretty much hoping he calls since i doubt he has me beat. So he calls, and i flip over my 96 and he sits quietly for 5 seconds and then says "nice hand", and after another 5 seconds he flips over his A8 off-suit and says "but not nice enough".
he thought for about 4 seconds and said all-in and his body looked very tense as i thought about the hand for a minute. I eventually called and he flipped over his aces and spiked an ace on the turn for good measure.I re-loaded up to 300 but like i said earlier, another opponent hit a 5-outer on me in a big pot that pretty much broke me. And the ****** slowrolled me! Here's the hand:Folded around to the cut-off who limps in, button limps, i complete in the SB with 96 and the BB checks his option. Flop comes 986 with 2 hearts. I lead for a pot-sized bet, BB folds, and the CO and Button both call. Turn is a black 2. There was about 65 in the pot at this point and i lead in for 50, CO calls and the Button folds. River comes a black Ace. I had put my opponent on some sort of draw (97 or a nut flush draw) and my opponent was a very passive player so i knew he would probably just call me down the whole way with a draw like that. The only nut flush draw that could make a 2-pair on the river was A2. I put in a half-defense bet/half-value bet and bet 60 on the river. I knew he wouldnt raise me here without a better hand because he was a really predictable player. After he's thinking for about 25 seconds i'm pretty much hoping he calls since i doubt he has me beat. So he calls, and i flip over my 96 and he sits quietly for 5 seconds and then says "nice hand", and after another 5 seconds he flips over his A8 off-suit and says "but not nice enough".
You should have punched him in the face. What a cockbag.
This is a lovely 2/5 with 200 max California game, right?I don't think I'd ever fold an overpair when I'm heads-up.

I know the results are already posted, but this was still my first thought:You just sat down for the night, you don't have any reads or any idea of how he plays so why not just throw it away and wait for a better spot?Reguardless of how many rebuys you have.Spots like these are better to put your money in when you have a gut-feeling that you are holding the best hand, not when you have no idea where you are.He wants this pot so bad, let him have it. I don't know about you but i'm picking a better spot than a "maybe i have the best hand maybe i don't" to put my whole stack in the middle.i like to wait until i'm pretty god damn sure i have the best hand before i call.

i like to wait until i'm pretty god damn sure i have the best hand before i call.
If I'm correct in assuming this is 2/5, you have 40 BB's to find out, near every 'big' hand should be played as an all in pot.Not re-raising preflop in this situation is terrible. If it happens to be 1/2, well, re-buy and don't play like such an antelope.
If I'm correct in assuming this is 2/5, you have 40 BB's to find out, near every 'big' hand should be played as an all in pot.Not re-raising preflop in this situation is terrible. If it happens to be 1/2, well, re-buy and don't play like such an antelope.
blinds were 3/5 actually.And i disagree, i think smooth calling is the right play in this particular situation since both the blinds folded out of turn.