Michael is just an idiot (how he's maintained the Regional Manager job is mindbottling).
I don't think it's surprising at all. He has one of the top sales people (dwight) and is a great salesman himself. Remember how he got the "Staples" account (Jan was very surprised), and the one episode where he was yaking on the phone with this guy and at the end Pam said, "Michael this is a really big account." When the driving force of the office is sales, having a good salesman in charge is not a bad thing. Yes, he's an idiot, but a very capable idiot.
  • Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's surprising at all. He has one of the top sales people (dwight) and is a great salesman himself. Remember how he got the "Staples" account (Jan was very surprised), and the one episode where he was yaking on the phone with this guy and at the end Pam said, "Michael this is a really big account." When the driving force of the office is sales, having a good salesman in charge is not a bad thing. Yes, he's an idiot, but a very capable idiot.
Yeah...I like the fact that the US version shows the boss as having some redeeming qualities (flashes of greatness during sales) so that there's some believability...even if his management style is ridiculous.
As for who will get the corporate job, I don't think any of the Scranton people will get it. Karen might have the best chance, as I feel that Jim is too easy-going and Michael is just an idiot (how he's maintained the Regional Manager job is mindboggling).
I bet they offer it to Jim and he turns it down thinking he's doing it for Karen ... then they offer it to Karen and she takes it and says Jim should date Pam.
I bet they offer it to Jim and he turns it down thinking he's doing it for Karen ... then they offer it to Karen and she takes it and says Jim should date Pam.
Or...Jim turns down the job thinking he's doing it for Pam, then he dumps Karen

"My first order of business will be to demote Jim Halpert. So I will need a new number two. My ideal choice, Jack Bauer. But he is unavailable, fictional, and over qualified."What a fantastic quote by Dwight. I loved the episode. Pam putting that note into Jim's bag was great. As was the end of the episode. Jim is such a great character.

Ryan "We're through"Kelly: "what?" Nice.So the interesting thing here, is Jim seems to have "made his move" assuming that Karen gets the job(since Michael is a dolt and Jim himself backed out). But now he's going out to dinner with Pam and will find out that Karen isn't going anywhere, woops. Maybe we have a chick fight in the cards. It's not something i'd expect, but we can dream.

Ryan "We're through"Kelly: "what?" Nice.So the interesting thing here, is Jim seems to have "made his move" assuming that Karen gets the job(since Michael is a dolt and Jim himself backed out). But now he's going out to dinner with Pam and will find out that Karen isn't going anywhere, woops. Maybe we have a chick fight in the cards. It's not something i'd expect, but we can dream.
Pam DID mention lesbianism.

Creed Thoughts: http://blog.nbc.com/CreedThoughts/Excellent stuff from an underrated character. "I got into a car accident yesterday and I just took off. It didn’t look too bad. The guy was making a big deal out of it, but come on – dogs don’t live forever." LMFAOLOL @ Dwight painting his office black to intimidate his subordinates. The Jack Bauer bit was awesome too. Schrute Bucks and Stanley Nickels, ahaha.Jan with her enhancements, yum yum. *salivates*Ryan getting the corporate job is brutal, all because he has an overrated post-grad degree from a community college. Dude hasn't made a sale yet and has little work experience in the related field. He'll probably start a fire at corporate.Definitely sounds like we'll have a catfight at the start of the next season!

• 3 months later...

CNN:In a different part of the world, Jenna Fischer of "The Office" and her husband, filmmaker James Gunn, have separated after six years of marriage, Fischer's publicist, Lewis Kay, said Friday."We are sorry for any pain this causes family and friends," the pair said in a statement on Gunn's MySpace page. "The enthusiasm we have for each other's lives, spirits and careers is real -- we have been each other's cheerleader and friend during the past six years and continue to be so now and in the future."The 33-year-old actress was nominated for an Emmy this year for her work on NBC's "The Office." She portrays mousy secretary Pam Beesly, who found confidence last season when she confessed her romantic feelings to co-worker Jim Halpert (John Krasinksi).Gunn, 37, directed last year's "Slither," which co-starred Fischer.(Season 4 starts Sept 27th.)

• 2 weeks later...
This is like a month old already.
...and yet I hadn't seen it.Thanks for sharing, Jeep.Oh, and the Season 3 collection has a ridiculous amount of extras. Probably 8 episodes worth of excellent deleted scenes.

My wife's really good friend is one of the editors of the show and in the mail we got a letter addressed to us and the return address was Dunder-Mifflin. Inside was a memo from Tobey that was a prop to one of the season 4 episodes. It was pretty cool.