was going to post in general but their a bunch of bastards so here we go.for the past 2 weeks or so i have been dealt K 9 off as my best hand, no joke, i have pockets once and that was 44 and i didnt even make a set.results:MTT in past 2 weeks: 42cashes: 0money spent: $2246any help guys? when will it end?

Position position position! You don't need cards when you have your stack of chips behind someone who's afraid of their own shadow. Especially if your table image is tight (which it should be if you're being dealt k9 off all the time), you should be in outstanding stealing/bluffing position fairly often. Nothing fancy, just increase your cutoff and button raises. If you've been put at 42 tables full of lunatics then I donno what to tell you. Go back to studying your game for a little and make sure there are not gaping holes in it. It took me like 350 sngs once to figure out that my bubble strategy was absolute Sh*t. Bad luck I called it. And don't post in general. That's for fat jokes and housewife gossip. Come here if you want to conduct business

For the last week and a half I have been card dead too. I can't tell you how many times I've looked at crappy cards against bad players. It's helped me learn to play the man, not the cards. It can be nerve racking at first to make a raise looking a 10 5 off, but most of the time you'll be able to buy pots, especially with your tight table image. One thing that my brother helped me with to make my table image even more obvious online was to wait a few seconds before folding. As people are watching the action move around the table, they'll stop at you and wait for you to make your decision, which generally takes only a few seconds online. If you wait for a few seconds longer than usual it'll disrupt the flow of the game, and more people will take notice of your folding. This has made it easier for me to steal pots with rags. Only do this with position, obviously. Another thing you can do is to give poker a rest for a few days. After a few days of cold cards I decided to take a 3 day break. When I came back I was mentally prepared for the good cards to start hitting and it worked. Take a few days off and don't even think about your poker game. Then come back ready for the good cards.Good luck!

thanks for the advice guys.i thought i was raising the right times, right amount etc, but i will try to increase.i usually build large stacks but by the time the blinds go up and up, you really have to have a hand.anyhow thanks for the advice, hopefully...

For the last week and a half I have been card dead too. I can't tell you how many times I've looked at crappy cards against bad players. It's helped me learn to play the man, not the cards. It can be nerve racking at first to make a raise looking a 10 5 off, but most of the time you'll be able to buy pots, especially with your tight table image. One thing that my brother helped me with to make my table image even more obvious online was to wait a few seconds before folding. As people are watching the action move around the table, they'll stop at you and wait for you to make your decision, which generally takes only a few seconds online. If you wait for a few seconds longer than usual it'll disrupt the flow of the game, and more people will take notice of your folding. This has made it easier for me to steal pots with rags. Only do this with position, obviously. Another thing you can do is to give poker a rest for a few days. After a few days of cold cards I decided to take a 3 day break. When I came back I was mentally prepared for the good cards to start hitting and it worked. Take a few days off and don't even think about your poker game. Then come back ready for the good cards.Good luck!
i agree, after you take a break, you'll start gettin good pocket cards, and hitting flops

The nature of the tournament beast. I don't play as often as most here, but I went 8 months without anything better than a minimum MTT cash (I did okay in SnGs during that time so I wasn't risking going broke), but basically erased the previous 8 months in one night. That's how tourneys work.

Dutch, you had me rolling.As for OP and others, I believe Allen Cunningham said it best when another player at his table was saying how he hadn't seen a hand higher than a 10 for hours and AC said something along the lines of "Maybe it's your fault"