Pokerpayday.com Legit Or Scam?

I still stand behind my beleif in PPD and if you feel you are taking one for the team in trying to find out if this is legit then wtg. I will be the first to say wow if you discover this is not real. I have never received any e mils with attachments and I have never been asked to download anything either. I will be watching this post with interest to see if you have "uncovered any wrongs" Have a great day and I am betting all will be OK
I will have to say that they have been nothing but professional so far. I am in a $2k guaranteed tourny tomorrow with about 200 other people. Small field. I am excited about it. They way I see it, if I cash and am able to cash out I will be a believer. I am not worried about losing $99 so at worst I get a cool story out of it.
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To give you all a definitive answer, I have done a little research. The information on the site owner/registrar is as follows: Another one of their scams is, an anti-spyware “support site” (which you must pay to become a member of) is discussed here: http://www.webhelper4u.com/scams/spywarehelp.htmlHere is one more email scam in which they pretended to be the HSBC bank to obtain people’s banking information: http://phishtank.internetdefence.net/data/637Anyway, I guess you get the point. Feel free to put this information in your complaint.
Domains by proxy is a registration service made to hide the site owners personal information. Normally used with godaddy registrars. 99% chance that site had nothing in common with the known spammers cfinnn posted, besides they used the same domain registering service. Just like FCP is registered through Whois Privacy Protection Service so the personal information of the owner isnt on display.See http://domainsbyproxy.com/http://www.webservertalk.com/archive154-2004-3-164308.html lists whoisprivacyprotect, which is what FCP uses, as a known spammer as well... kind of see my point?
Domains by proxy is a registration service made to hide the site owners personal information. Normally used with godaddy registrars. 99% chance that site had nothing in common with the known spammers cfinnn posted, besides they used the same domain registering service. Just like FCP is registered through Whois Privacy Protection Service so the personal information of the owner isnt on display.See http://domainsbyproxy.com/http://www.webservertalk.com/archive154-2004-3-164308.html lists whoisprivacyprotect, which is what FCP uses, as a known spammer as well... kind of see my point?
I did a WHOIS also when I first saw this post. Didn't like what I saw. But at the same time I can't say this is a scam. Time will tell. Give them 6 months and see if they're still around. A $100 isn't sh!t anyway, but I just hate to make c0cksuckers rich with my money. I'll wait and see. I have to admit, it looks like fun though.Brad

Have to just see...not convinced till proof is made.just from the one taking it for the team. they put you in a 2k guarantee with 200 people...that is good, but what is that....$10 entry and you paid $99...Still a ways to go to make me convinced.Anyway I hope it is legit, or maybe not as I have a pretty good idea for something like this if I can make it work, but can't promote anything like this in Washington State...The promoters of poker are the ones that will probably get in trouble here...not the players.

Have to just see...not convinced till proof is made.just from the one taking it for the team. they put you in a 2k guarantee with 200 people...that is good, but what is that....$10 entry and you paid $99...Still a ways to go to make me convinced.Anyway I hope it is legit, or maybe not as I have a pretty good idea for something like this if I can make it work, but can't promote anything like this in Washington State...The promoters of poker are the ones that will probably get in trouble here...not the players.
I was thinking of something also. I to live in Washington State. It would all have to be done offshore from here IMO. Or move out of this fascist police state/country.
I was thinking of something also. I to live in Washington State. It would all have to be done offshore from here IMO. Or move out of this fascist police state/country.
PokerPayDay: We went ahead and filed your last online tournament winnings with the IRS. You can thank us later!bhaas: Uhh...can you sponsor me a plane ticket to Mexico next?
10 entry and you paid $99...Still a ways to go to make me convinced.
Spot on.I'd wager it is a scam, and I'm pretty sure a couple of the posters in this thread with less than 20 posts are affiliated with said scam.
Spot on.I'd wager it is a scam, and I'm pretty sure a couple of the posters in this thread with less than 20 posts are affiliated with said scam.
Maybe it's a sting, perpetrated by the gov. and to ad insult to injury, you pay $99 to get stung. Oh what fun. Kiss you freedom goodbye. Any mention of our constitution these days is only lip service/sound bites. Sleep tite. :club: (sw)But not really.
My research was not based on the domain registrar, it was based on the billing address. All of these scams were perpretrated by the owners of that billing address, which is now being used by pokerpayday.Even if they do happen to send some people to some events (which I still doubt) I am positive the number of people who pay $99 for nothing will vastly outweigh those who may get anything out of this deal. As was already stated, you are basically paying a $99 buyin to get into some "freeroll" tournaments to hopefully win some of it back. The OP said all he had to do was pay the money and his buy-in for a major tournament would be paid. But clearly that's not the case at all.
My research was not based on the domain registrar, it was based on the billing address. All of these scams were perpretrated by the owners of that billing address, which is now being used by pokerpayday.
Right, those services are to hide the billing address and such from public whois searches. I am 99% sure that the site is a scam too, nothing adds up, but if you notice the only thing that differs from every site anonymously registered through godaddy is the email address, everything else is the same, including the address, which happens to be Godaddy.com's headquarters.but, to be redundant... It's a scam

This site is a scam. I checked out their website, and they claim that Full Tilt is one of their sponsors. I emailed the Full Tilt support team. Here is what Full Tilt said when they responded:Hello Sean,Thank you for your email.I would like to inform you that Full Tilt Poker has absolutely no affiliation with www.pokerpayday.com. I would suggest that you are cautious when dealing with sites such as this. Ultimately, "if it soundstoo good to be, it usually is." In the future to confirm if a site actually is affiliated or sponsored by Full Tilt Poker, simply look for an official link or banner on the website. Or if you are unsure just email in, as you have done, and we will be more than happy to tell you.Thanks again, and if there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know.Regards,StevenFull Tilt Poker Support This is a total scam. If I have nothing to do tomorrow I might call the Poker Payday toll free number just to mess with them (I am a bill collector and know how to mess with people who answer phones for a living with the best of them).

Hi, I have just registerd with this forum to make this post, as it seems to be the place where most people would check if they "google" pokerpayday and scam.The Truth about pokerpayday....IT IS A TOTAL SCAM - RUN BY PROVEN SCAMMERS WITH OTHER SITES THAT ARE VERY SIMILAR:The Proof:1) I received some money by Neteller to compete in this weeks tournmant.2) I got an email from ALEX@POKERPAYDAY to tell me that he had put the money in.So Far, so Good...3) The transfer arrived from someone called Eric Doerr and if you hover the mouse over his name it gives you his email address (check the image, bottom right hand corner), E11STEALTH@AOL.COM(I can email the screenshot to anyone that wishes, just ask for it)4) If you search for this email address in Google, you get links to forums discussing TWO other internet scams involving "sponsorship" programmes. I have attached a screenshot below, or follow the link below to see it for yourself.http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navc...mp;q=e11stealth(Again, I can email a screendump to anyone that needs it)To save you the reading, it boils down to this:The person/people behind pokerpayday have done this identical scam AT LEAST three other times, the ones I have found are: www.carsponsorship.com (wanted $89 upfront to join, offered up to $10k sponsorship)www.getsponsored.net (costed approx $100 to join, offered up to $10k sponsorship)ALL SOUNDING A BIT FAMILIAR??www.teamscp.com (see more details below)www.racerxmotorsports.com (see more details below)The above two were also cunningly named VERY alike genuine companies in the sector, the real companies websites are actually: www.sportcompactperformance.com and www.motorex.com, in the latter case they claimed an affiliation with the genuine company, who according to newsgroup research only ever knew the scammers as potential customers. If you read techademicks forum you will see that they also tried using their logos on the getsponsored.net site, which now points at (you guessed it), the fictional TeamSCP at teamscp1.com.Just to top it all off, if you go through the scam related newsgroups searching for any of the above, one person seems to stick out: I have seen on 4 occasions someone using the argument "hey its, a new company and startup companies allways take a while to get off the ground. Give them time and Im sure they will sort everything out"DO NOT WIRE THESE PEOPLE ANY MORE MONEY - I AM REPORTING THEM TO NETELLER AND THE DOJ'S ONLINE FRAUD PREVENTION UNIT. THIS KIND OF INTERNET SCAM HAS GONE ON LONG ENOUGH.As for the $20 that was deposited into my Neteller account by them? Finders Keepers matey boys.I POSTED THIS ON THEIR FORUM JUST BEFORE THE SUNDAY TOURNAMENT, THEY LEFT IT UP FOR ABOUT 40 MINUTES, BEFORE THEY REMOVED ANY EVIDENCE THAT I HAD EVER POSTED IT OR ANY OTHER TOPIC!!!!

I did not pay the 99 dollars I think it is scam that sucks I hate people who try to take advantage of other people's dreams...

Hi, I have just registerd with this forum to make this post, as it seems to be the place where most people would check if they "google" pokerpayday and scam.The Truth about pokerpayday....IT IS A TOTAL SCAM - RUN BY PROVEN SCAMMERS WITH OTHER SITES THAT ARE VERY SIMILAR:The Proof:1) I received some money by Neteller to compete in this weeks tournmant.2) I got an email from ALEX@POKERPAYDAY to tell me that he had put the money in.So Far, so Good...3) The transfer arrived from someone called Eric Doerr and if you hover the mouse over his name it gives you his email address (check the image, bottom right hand corner), E11STEALTH@AOL.COM(I can email the screenshot to anyone that wishes, just ask for it)4) If you search for this email address in Google, you get links to forums discussing TWO other internet scams involving "sponsorship" programmes. I have attached a screenshot below, or follow the link below to see it for yourself.http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navc...mp;q=e11stealth(Again, I can email a screendump to anyone that needs it)To save you the reading, it boils down to this:The person/people behind pokerpayday have done this identical scam AT LEAST three other times, the ones I have found are: www.carsponsorship.com (wanted $89 upfront to join, offered up to $10k sponsorship)www.getsponsored.net (costed approx $100 to join, offered up to $10k sponsorship)ALL SOUNDING A BIT FAMILIAR??www.teamscp.com (see more details below)www.racerxmotorsports.com (see more details below)The above two were also cunningly named VERY alike genuine companies in the sector, the real companies websites are actually: www.sportcompactperformance.com and www.motorex.com, in the latter case they claimed an affiliation with the genuine company, who according to newsgroup research only ever knew the scammers as potential customers. If you read techademicks forum you will see that they also tried using their logos on the getsponsored.net site, which now points at (you guessed it), the fictional TeamSCP at teamscp1.com.Just to top it all off, if you go through the scam related newsgroups searching for any of the above, one person seems to stick out: I have seen on 4 occasions someone using the argument "hey its, a new company and startup companies allways take a while to get off the ground. Give them time and Im sure they will sort everything out"DO NOT WIRE THESE PEOPLE ANY MORE MONEY - I AM REPORTING THEM TO NETELLER AND THE DOJ'S ONLINE FRAUD PREVENTION UNIT. THIS KIND OF INTERNET SCAM HAS GONE ON LONG ENOUGH.As for the $20 that was deposited into my Neteller account by them? Finders Keepers matey boys.I POSTED THIS ON THEIR FORUM JUST BEFORE THE SUNDAY TOURNAMENT, THEY LEFT IT UP FOR ABOUT 40 MINUTES, BEFORE THEY REMOVED ANY EVIDENCE THAT I HAD EVER POSTED IT OR ANY OTHER TOPIC!!!!
lol yeah that is funny i did see ur post on there site now it's gone lol...
Now this is getting interesting. :club:
are you all done with this topic yet?
Hey DNAI think all is said that can be said either way. I volunteered to take one for the team to be the end all on this discussion. This will obviously take some time so I vote put this to rest until I have proof from my experience either way. If someone is worried than PLEASE DON'T pay them until you hear from me. I am an established member of this forum and I hope that at least some of you could vouch for me as having never been a scammer.lock it up but please allow me to start a new thread once I have proof either way.Thanks
Hey DNAI think all is said that can be said either way. I volunteered to take one for the team to be the end all on this discussion. This will obviously take some time so I vote put this to rest until I have proof from my experience either way. If someone is worried than PLEASE DON'T pay them until you hear from me. I am an established member of this forum and I hope that at least some of you could vouch for me as having never been a scammer.lock it up but please allow me to start a new thread once I have proof either way.Thanks
I am posting as to comment on a few of the earlier posts. The post from BigMac leaves alot to be said. If Mr BM is saying PPD is a scam perhaps you should be aware that Mr BM did some scamming himself (admittingly I might add) by not fullfilling his word of going into the turny he was bought into. Instead Mr BM took that money to do whatever $20 buys you nowadays,(maybe a consincious as this is theft). Maybe Mr BM did not fulfill this turny because he could not perform?? Just a thought. Also to all the other posters who are wondering about PPD. I am not a employee, owner or scammer. Just someone who is pleased with my sponsorship and has nothing to complain about. I feel that the PPD staff are upfront and have always answered any of my questions. Time will tell those who have had negative thoughts and posts. I will repost soon as I am sure many will have comments ans please feel free to contact me with any questins you may have or thoughts. If you feel uncomfortable with posting on this site then contact me through a my link on this site and I will be happy to respond. Have a grat day and best of luck at the tables.
I am posting as to comment on a few of the earlier posts. The post from BigMac leaves alot to be said. If Mr BM is saying PPD is a scam perhaps you should be aware that Mr BM did some scamming himself (admittingly I might add) by not fullfilling his word of going into the turny he was bought into. Instead Mr BM took that ....BLAH BLAH BLAHon this site then contact me through a my link on this site and I will be happy to respond. Have a grat day and best of luck at the tables.
Hi Itsallmine !Nice to be speaking with you in a forum where you cant ban me and remove my posts!Whilst there are many things that I could look at in great detail with you and the rest of the poker community reading this forum, inconsistencies in your organisation and so on, I'll be kind and look at just your response: 1) I do freely admit keeping the $20 you sent me. Thanks. I entered no formal legal agreement concerning the use of funds received, and it doesnt really burden my conscience much, but thanks for the concern.2) You state that you are not an employee, owner or scammer. Lets look at that in context.After doing some research on your own forums, I am happy to let you know that you have 118 posts (more than the forum administrators amusingly) on which you constantly not only defend PPD, but also release general information onto the newsgroup such as WHEN PPD TOURNAMENTS are listed on pokersites, help newbies and offer sincere faith to the "site owners" fairly decent if circumstantial evidence, granted. Then theres, the scathing attack on me in your news group (you may not mention my username but it is fairly obvious), and replies in numerous threads damning me and my opinions, which does read as if I had personally attacked you. Surely the site administrators would be in a better position to reply to my acusations that you? Unless there is no need as your one and the same ofcourse.(PS. to everyone else in the group, do a few google searches, using the domain names from my first larger email and "scam". Its amusing reading, and all very familiar to PPD)Sorry dna4ever for "flogging a dead horse" but I feel it needs done so that less people may be duped by these serial fraudsters. Sincerely,BigMac :club:
Thanks Jowest, I appreciate the idea and sentiment and look forward to independant judification. I'll bet they'd love to know which username youve got, youd get sponsored Immediately!!!Thanks!BigMac :D
Hi Itsallmine !1) I do freely admit keeping the $20 you sent me. Thanks. I entered no formal legal agreement concerning the use of funds received, and it doesnt really burden my conscience much, but thanks for the concern.Thanks!BigMac :club:
So wait - if I get this scam right... Doesn't getting the $20 sent to you mean that you've already sent them $80? Well done sticking it too them!
Hi Itsallmine !Nice to be speaking with you in a forum where you cant ban me and remove my posts!Whilst there are many things that I could look at in great detail with you and the rest of the poker community reading this forum, inconsistencies in your organisation and so on, I'll be kind and look at just your response: 1) I do freely admit keeping the $20 you sent me. Thanks. I entered no formal legal agreement concerning the use of funds received, and it doesnt really burden my conscience much, but thanks for the concern.2) You state that you are not an employee, owner or scammer. Lets look at that in context.After doing some research on your own forums, I am happy to let you know that you have 118 posts (more than the forum administrators amusingly) on which you constantly not only defend PPD, but also release general information onto the newsgroup such as WHEN PPD TOURNAMENTS are listed on pokersites, help newbies and offer sincere faith to the "site owners" fairly decent if circumstantial evidence, granted. Then theres, the scathing attack on me in your news group (you may not mention my username but it is fairly obvious), and replies in numerous threads damning me and my opinions, which does read as if I had personally attacked you. Surely the site administrators would be in a better position to reply to my acusations that you? Unless there is no need as your one and the same ofcourse.(PS. to everyone else in the group, do a few google searches, using the domain names from my first larger email and "scam". Its amusing reading, and all very familiar to PPD)Sorry dna4ever for "flogging a dead horse" but I feel it needs done so that less people may be duped by these serial fraudsters. Sincerely,BigMac :club: Thanks Jowest, I appreciate the idea and sentiment and look forward to independant judification. I'll bet they'd love to know which username youve got, youd get sponsored Immediately!!!Thanks!BigMac :D
ok Ill respond . I don't know where you get the idea that I am somehow "connected" except that yes I do post alot. I like to be of help to people asking questions as I have nothing to hide. I became a sponsored player not quite a month ago ( u can view my post New Girl on the block) and I am informed as to when turnys are going on because I view whatever site they are posted on and see them listed under specials , so I let other players know there up so they can register. Big mystery. And if u think I have made any attacks on you, the only one I did, I named u ( or both names I should say ) and said u where wrong to say it was a Scam when that was exactly what u just pulled ( u said so freely yourself). I am not sure exactly what u think u are accomplishing by posting a bunch of rubbish, but I do know one thing. You never had the guts or the game to play that turny as you know you would never make the cut. Maybe you should switch to Bingo or online checkers. Best of luck
So wait - if I get this scam right... Doesn't getting the $20 sent to you mean that you've already sent them $80? Well done sticking it too them!
Lol, nope, not that dumb mate!I hadnt transferred them anything. I had made numerous posts on their forums in an inquisitive "tone", to gauge whether or not I felt it was a scam.They offered me the money when I said on their forums that I absolutely definately wouldnt transfer them any cash, a grifters trick of old, get the fish on the hook by offering him a little money for nothing.I wouldnt be making such an issue of this if I didnt think that a lot of money is being defrauded here. On the Friday tournament last week, which I think is open to paid members only (so not me!) there were 300 plus people. If they have all paid $100 for the odd $1000 freeroll then this guys onto a winner of a business plan.shame its all a big con really. :club: