Correct Laydwon According To Action?

Button (1,470)SB (1,470)UTG (1,500)UTG+1 (1,500)UTG+2 (1,500)MP1 (1,470)MP2 (1,395)Hero (1,695)Blinds 15/30Dealt to Hero in CO (Th, Td)PRE-FLOP2 folds, UTG+2 raises to 90, 2 folds, Hero raises to 250, 3 folds, UTG+2 raises to 600, Hero foldsI don't have any read on UTG+2, this is only the 2nd hand of the SNG, I have never played with him before. So my reaction is that this is either Aces, Kings, Queens, or AK.Given the action, my folds correct, right?

Unless this is play money then yes the fold is correct.
No. This was, however, a $5.50 one on Full Tilt, which is why I'm not 100% sure that this is the correct laydown. However, with it being early in the tournament, and me not having an exact range for anyone, I feel I can make this laydown, still have plenty of chips to play with, and not feel that my whole tournament was destroyed because of this hand.

Good fold.Frankly, early in most SnGs, I play TT for set value unless I'm openning from LP. It works for me. They're not easy to play at a full tournament table.-M

Why not just call this raise preflop. You have postion, the raise came from ep, just see a flop with him and see what happens. If he does have AK or AQ you would rather only see three cards as apposed to five because you already have a made hand.

I like the way you played the entire hand..I like reraising pf so you can gain more information on your opponents hand, and folding to that re raise is correct as well..I really don't think this is AK, because I see most players jamming there instead of 3 betting to 600..Of course its early and he very well may be a donkey, but I would rather not risk it now..If he is a donk, you will find out shortly and be able to take advantage laterNH

I like the way you played the entire hand..I like reraising pf so you can gain more information on your opponents hand, and folding to that re raise is correct as well..I really don't think this is AK, because I see most players jamming there instead of 3 betting to 600..Of course its early and he very well may be a donkey, but I would rather not risk it now..If he is a donk, you will find out shortly and be able to take advantage laterNH
After an EP raise TT should only be played for set or undercard flop value. You dont gain a whole lot of information with a reraise...any flop with a card >=J is still problematic, 43% of all flops.At the same time you give your opponent information. While he might have been willing to go fairly far OOP with an AK or AQ that doesnt hit the flop or lower pairs on a one honor flop, he now knows to be wary of pairs and even if you do hit your set youve dried up a lot of your action.Raising for information is overrated pre-flop imo. It is rare that you gain as much useful info as you give up. The same raise on the flop doesnt tell him as much. After a smooth call preflop a bet/raise on the flop doesnt tell him much...you might have hit, you might be trying to buy the pot if hes shown weakness, you might have been slowplaying all along.
After an EP raise TT should only be played for set or undercard flop value. You dont gain a whole lot of information with a reraise...any flop with a card >=J is still problematic, 43% of all flops.At the same time you give your opponent information. While he might have been willing to go fairly far OOP with an AK or AQ that doesnt hit the flop or lower pairs on a one honor flop, he now knows to be wary of pairs and even if you do hit your set youve dried up a lot of your action.Raising for information is overrated pre-flop imo. It is rare that you gain as much useful info as you give up. The same raise on the flop doesnt tell him as much. After a smooth call preflop a bet/raise on the flop doesnt tell him much...you might have hit, you might be trying to buy the pot if hes shown weakness, you might have been slowplaying all along.
Always trust what Copernicus says. I call there and hope for the set.
Always trust what Copernicus says. I call there and hope for the set.
dont believe him..im just fumbling around trying to learn like all of us. (but hope for the set, a paired board or all undercards...all of those give you a decent shot at making the preflop investment pay)
I play 99, TT and JJ this way (sometimes even QQ if I have any kind of a read).