Jamie Gold Tips One Million To Dealers !

BooFreakinHoo for the dealers. It's called a tip for a reason. I tip well when I get good service and I tip not so well when I get crappy service. Exactly the way it should be.From the rumblings I have heard. The dealers got what they deserved as a group.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anybody's screwing the dealer's it's Harrah's. They really ought to take a portion of that several million they took out of the Main Event prize pool and give it to the dealers. Not just minimum wage, split $1M between all the dealers or something. Blame the greedy corporation, not the players who already had a portion of their entry fee taken out by said corporation, to run the tournament, which should include paying dealers and staff a decent wage. And, to whoever the newbie is that's bitching about earning $2384 for 83 hours of work, shut the hell up about making $28/hour. NOBODY wants to hear you complain about making that kind of money.

Obviously you all are idiots and have never had to work a job were you get paid minimum wage and your main source of income is in tips. LUCKY YOU!!! The dealers this year got paid $5.15/hr which after taxes came out to around $4.87/hr plus anything that you greedy bastards decided to tip the dealers.... which wasn't much concidering I just got my final check that was $2,384 for 83 hours of work, plus my toke rate. You have to keep in mind that we kept the games going, and if it weren't for us there would be no ****ing W.S.O.P. I just can't believe that NOT ONE person at the final table tipped ANYTHING. So either we're getting ****ed HARD by the players.... which I would like to think wasn't happening (since pretty much everyone has had to work for minimum wage at one point or another, and remembers what it was like) or by Harrahs Entertainment. I knew a million dollars was alot to ask for but come on... a little somethin' somethin' at least... :club: I would LOVE to hear some feedback on this....
Hmm..2384/83 = 28.7328.73 + 4.87 = 33.60Sorry you ONLY made 34 bucks an hour to DEAL FUCKING CARDS. The average American feels your plight, I'm sure.
You cant be serious? He threw a 50k brick in the audience, and said he was tipping a million bucks. When he thre the 50k brick in the audience, I sure as hell can believe hed tip a million.
Have a listen to the rounders interview that is floating around here somewhereJamie Gold states himself that1) They got the 'brick' of cash back2) He didn't tip $1 millionYou also get to hear what an egotistical twat he is, but that is just a bonus
Have a listen to the rounders interview that is floating around here somewhereJamie Gold states himself that1) They got the 'brick' of cash back2) He didn't tip $1 millionYou also get to hear what an egotistical twat he is, but that is just a bonus
Link??
Obviously you all are idiots and have never had to work a job were you get paid minimum wage and your main source of income is in tips. LUCKY YOU!!! The dealers this year got paid $5.15/hr which after taxes came out to around $4.87/hr plus anything that you greedy bastards decided to tip the dealers.... which wasn't much concidering I just got my final check that was $2,384 for 83 hours of work, plus my toke rate. You have to keep in mind that we kept the games going, and if it weren't for us there would be no ****ing W.S.O.P. I just can't believe that NOT ONE person at the final table tipped ANYTHING. So either we're getting ****ed HARD by the players.... which I would like to think wasn't happening (since pretty much everyone has had to work for minimum wage at one point or another, and remembers what it was like) or by Harrahs Entertainment. I knew a million dollars was alot to ask for but come on... a little somethin' somethin' at least... :club: I would LOVE to hear some feedback on this....
from http://taopoker.blogspot.com...Pauly,I have not talked to anyone that could confirm a tip or not from Mr Gold. But the dealers get their final toke checks on Thursday so I will know before then. I find it interesting that you knew the figure quoted without asking. If he did, man did I pick the wrong side of the coin to work this year. Oh well, I can count on the good karma for being there til the end. I'll have to keep you posted on this.As far as the extra chips. I don't buy the skimming off the top theory. For only one reason. The paperwork involved for the Harrah's corp is staggering. The single table satellite mgr, received a report with 114 (114 is not a typo) errors from the auditing dept after one night for example. Every form, count, registration etc was reviewed by 4-5 people. Just witnessing the payout procedure should be enough to convince one of that. Getting paid was such a pain in the ***, it took 4 people to get you to the window. And at bubble time and right after... forget about it...The final chip counts for the daily final tables varied from short as much as 60k to over as much as 40k. The chip control was one area where there was little or no control. But with the number of events, chips, days, entries, etc I' not sure of a good way to control them better so they don't get introduced later. The easy solution is different chips for the Main Event, but that is so easy, it would never happen.There was never more than a 10k chip out except for late in the main event, so it would take 400 5k or 2,000 1k chips to alter the count as much as it was. And that amount of missing chips would for sure turn up in the balancing of the chips on hand vs those in play at any given time. You always lose some chips as souvenirs but not that many. Matter of fact, some have been on eBay already.Color ups, and dealer mistakes are for sure part of it. There was not a night where the color up didn't get ****ed up somehow, usually by the same 2 people. Even by myself once. Even with the dealers watching every move as I required it is an easy mistake to make at times. Or a shift supe would not do a scheduled color up, "because it would give the players less chips to play with." Duh! no ****, kinda the point. Less chips = more gamble. But it also leaves more chips on the tables for possible theft or whatever.But then, the same man added a stack on the 2nd day of a tournament at the ****ing World Series of Poker, and then did it again later and kept his job, sigh. But given that I had several dealers replaced with others because they could not count or cut chips, counting mistakes were common.I think there were a lot of dead or unpaid stacks that were left in play and blinded off. The control for that was poor as well. I'm not positive that all 10 stacks at every table on every first day were accounted for in the final tally of stacks vs 10k received. this is something that could have been ignored or just plain covered up, don't know which one.Profit mongers they are for sure....... I wish them luck finding quality people with out some changes for next year.Disgrunted Supervisor...
I have no idea how much Jamie Gold tipped, but seeing as he was already rich I don't think $1 million is totally unrealisteic.
Why does everyone assume Jamie Gold is rich? according to most reports, Gold was Not a hollywood agent, and fudged his bio. Is it confirmed that he IS in fact rich? i doubt this.
Hmm..2384/83 = 28.7328.73 + 4.87 = 33.60Sorry you ONLY made 34 bucks an hour to DEAL FUCKING CARDS. The average American feels your plight, I'm sure.
Whoa there... logic doesn't apply in the general forum. Please reinsert your head between your butt cheeks before you post again.Thank you & have a day!
Whoa there... logic doesn't apply in the general forum. Please reinsert your head between your butt cheeks before you post again.Thank you & have a day!
QFT
Few of my friends deal and a floor manager where I work talked to a few floor from the Rio and he left one million for the dealers. Sick !
I also heard he was going to pay back his debtors. And if you listen to the interview, he says that it isn't true.
Good..........................what goes around comes around.......and people that dont tip...........well the dealers certainly wont be rooting for them to win.......and in case you didnt know....................it does help to have dealers like you.
.........................yes.......................................it..............................does.
If anybody's screwing the dealer's it's Harrah's. They really ought to take a portion of that several million they took out of the Main Event prize pool and give it to the dealers.
According to Phil Gordon, this is exactly what happens. He advocates nobody tipping the dealers, and increasing their wage a bit. More than 5Mil was withheld from the Championship Event prize pool alone (obviously that isn't all for the dealers)His thoughts on Gold tipping 2Mil or whatever can be found here:http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/poker/colum...&id=2550106Mark
According to Phil Gordon, this is exactly what happens. He advocates nobody tipping the dealers, and increasing their wage a bit. More than 5Mil was withheld from the Championship Event prize pool alone (obviously that isn't all for the dealers)His thoughts on Gold tipping 2Mil or whatever can be found here:http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/poker/colum...&id=2550106Mark
I used to like Gordon. After reading that article I feel he is a huge tool.Here is a little snippit:• Steve Lipscomb I saw the CEO of the WPT walking the halls of the WSOP lifestyle show. Ah, what must have been going through his mind as he witnessed the enthusiasm and excitement of nearly 8,800 players in a $10,000 tournament while the stock price, credibility and importance of the World Poker Tour (symbol: WPTE) slides steadily into the abyss. In my opinion, the WSOP is everything the WPT is not: fair tournament blind structures, fair player releases and a management team that cares enough about the players to listen and implement their suggestions.What a di.ck