So my girlfriend is MAKING me take a break from poker because I cant form a sentence without check raise in it. Once I have reaclimated myself to normal society I can play again. Im a puss i know, how could i let this happen! Anyways, I saw that party has launched partygammon.com so i figured why not, I need something to do while I freak out from withdrawal (its gross). Anybody have suggestions on strategy advice, a site, etc.? Ive never played it before.And what should my screename be on party?

Go find the backgammon program GNU Backgammon. You can play against a VERY intelligent AI opponent, and it has a tutor mode so it will watch the plays you make and stop you when you are about to make a huge blunder.I went from not knowing a damn thing about Backgammon to VERY comfortable in my ability in about a week. It really helped me learn. The only reason I even started playing was because a lot of good poker players (Gus Hansen, Paul magriel, etc.) are great backgammon players. There must be some corralation there.-Shawn K

Go find the backgammon program GNU Backgammon. You can play against a VERY intelligent AI opponent, and it has a tutor mode so it will watch the plays you make and stop you when you are about to make a huge blunder.I went from not knowing a damn thing about Backgammon to VERY comfortable in my ability in about a week. It really helped me learn. The only reason I even started playing was because a lot of good poker players (Gus Hansen, Paul magriel, etc.) are great backgammon players. There must be some corralation there.-Shawn K
strange how above average intellegence can translate to above average ability at a thinking game

I play on there quite a bit, play is pretty week, a good basic defense will win out at the lower levels.Also for clearing the bonus if you setup a game for like 25 but only wager 1 it counts as 25 for your bonus money.

When will we get PartyChess??? That's what I'm waiting for! Can't imagine the fish on there.
This really does sound like a good idea. But how would party make money from this?