Buying New Computer For Online Poker. Help

I would like to use part of my bankroll to get a computer that can smoothly multi-table... also thinking about dual monitor... Any links or recommendations? Hopefully I won't donk off any more of my BR before I figure this out.Thanks in advance.

I would like to use part of my bankroll to get a computer that can smoothly multi-table... also thinking about dual monitor... Any links or recommendations? Hopefully I won't donk off any more of my BR before I figure this out.Thanks in advance.
dual core processor is all that is needed.any economy dell for 300 bucks can be suitable for mutitabling.Good Luck!
dual core processor is all that is needed.
no, you do not need a dual core processor, especially if you are only going to use it for internet and poker. You really only need a monitor capable of 1600x1200 resolution, and 1gb+ of ram. To dual table, you will need another monitor capable of 1600x1200, and either a video card that supports 2 monitors, or 2 video cards.
You don't need a too powerful computer; I recently bought Dell E510 (non dual core) and it works fine with 6 tables. One great thing about it is it is virtually silent. My other computer had a noisy fan and it was irritating. Right now i'm using the 19-inch monitor it came with and my 17 inch that I previously had. Make sure you get a computer with a video card so you can use dual monitors. I'm trying to sell this 19inch monitor so I can get the Dell 24-inch widescreen.
dont worry about the computer.spend your extra $$$$ on the monitorI went with a 24 inch flat screen...best money I ever spent
ripptyde, do you have the Dell? I think I'm going to order it now since it's on sale for $703. How many tables can fit without overlap, 4 or 6?

Devorsonthe Dell 24 incher is fk'n sweet bro. Actually if you search the net you can find a 'coupon' that will let you buy it with a HUGE discount provided you buy a PC with it as a package dealIf I remember correctly buying the 24 inch flat screen by itself was priced at $1100.00 and I bought the Dimention 9510 with the 24 inch for a total of a little over $1300. Search the net for the coupon codes and you can score a sweet discount. My PC is average but having a 24 inch monitor makes it all worth it. You can always upgrade your PC.Spend the extra boneage on the monitor you'll be glad you did :club:

You don't need a too powerful computer; I recently bought Dell E510 (non dual core) and it works fine with 6 tables. One great thing about it is it is virtually silent. My other computer had a noisy fan and it was irritating. Right now i'm using the 19-inch monitor it came with and my 17 inch that I previously had. Make sure you get a computer with a video card so you can use dual monitors. I'm trying to sell this 19inch monitor so I can get the Dell 24-inch widescreen.ripptyde, do you have the Dell? I think I'm going to order it now since it's on sale for $703. How many tables can fit without overlap, 4 or 6?
Oh and as far as multi tabling...(even though I rarely do more than 4 at a time) with Stars new resizable tables you can fit 12 with no overlap...LoLgg Red Bull and peanut butter meth
Hey, I am a computer and poker junky, i can tell you what to get. I work on computers for a living, but play online everyday at all the sites. you want to spend most of your money on 3 things, the 3 most important for poker play. 1. you need a firewall/router (maybe you already have one)that firewall gives you security so no one can hack into your computer and grab you poker site password. price range 40 - 1002.a sweet *** monitor, or a couple sweet *** monitors , 2 or more monitors is the ultimate setup, have a game on one and your notes and a poker tracker on the other. you can get some sweet setups like 4 15" lcds .. for like 150 per lcd and 500 or so for the stand .. www.tigerdirect.com... so the ultimate would be 4 lcds for 600 total and a stand for 500, or if you have a big desk just line them up .. so 600 or 1100 with stand .. that would be for the best .. if you want you can do 2 15's for 300 .. which gives you a 30" area for 300 instead of 1000 for a 30" single unit. 3. kick *** mouse ... what ever style you want , just make sure its wireless and laser and spend some money ,,, 50 bux or so will get you a good one. other than that you should spend like 300 or 400 on the tower ... i get all my stuff from tiger direct .. www.tigerdirect.com, its cheap and fast shipping. at least 512 ram and 3000+ for the speed and you want have any trouble btw if you are going to get multiple monitors you will have to have them upgrade the video card or add one for every monitor ... if you need more details .. email me aweir@simplynetworking.ca
Devorsonthe Dell 24 incher is fk'n sweet bro. Actually if you search the net you can find a 'coupon' that will let you buy it with a HUGE discount provided you buy a PC with it as a package dealIf I remember correctly buying the 24 inch flat screen by itself was priced at $1100.00 and I bought the Dimention 9510 with the 24 inch for a total of a little over $1300. Search the net for the coupon codes and you can score a sweet discount. My PC is average but having a 24 inch monitor makes it all worth it. You can always upgrade your PC.Spend the extra boneage on the monitor you'll be glad you did :icon_dance:Oh and as far as multi tabling...(even though I rarely do more than 4 at a time) with Stars new resizable tables you can fit 12 with no overlap...LoLgg Red Bull and peanut butter meth
I wanted to get the 24-inch as part of the bundle when I bought my E510 but it wasn't offered. Seems like now it's only offered when you buy one of their XPS systems, which for me is overkill. I've been looking for coupons for the monitor for the past 4 months but none have come out. Right now the monitor is at its cheapest so I think I'm just going to pick it up. Sounds like you got an excellent deal! Thanks for the info

Thanks for the replies. I'm getting a new computer because just two tabling my current computer causes it to think really hard! My laptop is broken and because it is a powersource problem, it will be 200-300 to fix... so I'm thinking just investing in a new computer that won't crap out 2 or 3 tabling.I'll let you know when I decide. I moved up to 108 SNGs and wasn't quite ready, so I'm moving back down to 30 and 50s.

Get a 17" MacBook Pro. You can run windows on it, it's got a nice big screen for a laptop that will let you multi-table and you can plug in a huge external monitor.No downside.